Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stripe

Options
  • 19-09-2013 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has intergrated stripe into their site as a substitute for PayPal. Two questions on it if you have.

Once the initial technical set up is done is it straight forward to use?

Are you finding any customer issues with trust?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I'm integrating Stripe at the moment and so far I'm fairly impressed. One of the nicest features is the API which means that you're not limited to using the Stripe web interface for the day-to-day management of payments, you can design your own customer/payment/management interface. That said, I'd certainly rate the Stripe dashboard as a substantial improvement over PayPal.

When it comes to trust, I suspect that's a swings and roundabouts situation. PayPal has upset a few customers and merchants over the years, people who would now be put-off at seeing PayPal as the only payment option. Stripe on the other hand is still relatively unknown to the general public.

If you're worried, you could always consider accepting Stripe (or similar) and PayPal. Let your customers vote with their feet/cards.

Advertisement