Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem lights flicking on and off, internet not working

Options
  • 19-09-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]For the last week or so my broadband has been an absolute disgrace. A red light comes and goes on the internet connection or the Wi-Fi light will go off on the modem. I then either have to turn on and off the modem to get it to work again, which only works maybe for a half hour tops before it goes again, or it comes back and may only last 30 seconds before going again. I had this problem at Easter and Eircom fixed it and its becoming an irritating sight, are other people having these problems or is it a problems with my modem? [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Raf32 wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]For the last week or so my broadband has been an absolute disgrace. A red light comes and goes on the internet connection or the Wi-Fi light will go off on the modem. I then either have to turn on and off the modem to get it to work again, which only works maybe for a half hour tops before it goes again, or it comes back and may only last 30 seconds before going again. I had this problem at Easter and Eircom fixed it and its becoming an irritating sight, are other people having these problems or is it a problems with my modem? [/font]
    Hi Raf32

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Traction

If your issue gets resolved can you find out what was done to fix it and post it here.

Lots of people, including myself are getting the same behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Traction wrote: »
    If your issue gets resolved can you find out what was done to fix it and post it here.

Yup will do. it has been working slightly better but maybe instead of going every 15 minutes, its maybe every half hour, seems to be with a few people, getting annoying now when trying to fill out applications!

the problem seems to be occurring every ten minutes or so now, ten minutes of internet and ten minutes of no internet. This service is not of acceptable standard, i have a family member who has an examination next week and needs the internet. I have also emailed eircom and the problem has still not been addressed. could the problem please be addressed and remedied as soon as possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Can you post details of your modem. Also, what shows if you visit the status page?

• Advertisement

Two men have called out and addressed the problem, thanks very much again!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Traction

gerryk wrote: »

Can you post details of your modem. Also, what shows if you visit the status page?
    I've the latest eircom router - D1000

I can't recall the status page, I will check the next time.
    This is the kind of thing that appears in the logs

ADSL down, possible reason: Not link up
     Internet down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gerryk wrote: »

I've the latest eircom router - D1000

I can't recall the status page, I will check the next time.
    This is the kind of thing that appears in the logs

ADSL down, possible reason: Not link up
     Internet down
    Hi Traction

We are working on some online guides for the D100. In the meantime we have very limited tests we can run. So we have been advised by managers in technical support that the fastest thing is to have customers call to trouble-shoot as it can be a number of possibilities.

The low call number is 1890 260 260

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I'm having the same problem. I got a letter in the post about a week ago stating that I am being upgraded for free to something or other. I checked in my Eircom account online and it says that a new product was added on Friday, which is around the time I started having problems. The connection drops off constantly, taking ages to come back and then dropping again. I get this error message:

"Your internet connection is not working.

Your DSL connection is active but you are not connected to the internet.

The most common reason for this is that your router has not authenticated with the eircom network."

I've been with Eircom for years and no problems really, nothing has changed in terms of my router or anything like that. I have the older Zyxel one. 

I'm having the same problem. I got a letter in the post about a week ago stating that I am being upgraded for free to something or other. I checked in my Eircom account online and it says that a new product was added on Friday, which is around the time I started having problems. The connection drops off constantly, taking ages to come back and then dropping again. I get this error message:

The most common reason for this is that your router has not authenticated with the eircom network."

I've been with Eircom for years and no problems really, nothing has changed in terms of my router or anything like that. I have the older Zyxel one. 

Hi Lenin Skynard

If you would like to DM your tel no: I can run a few checks on your broadband connection.

Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Lenin Skynard

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I have run some checks and spoke to broadband technical support. The line is testing fine however the suggest lowering the speed profile.

That has been changed to 15MB, can you check if the connection is back up and showing as stable?

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciupakabra

ok, not very interesting but.

for sure i getting "ADSL down, possible reason: Not link up"

that is very bad, coz im using PP tunneling and some syncin software for my works. and after reconnecting i need connect them manually.

in 24h internet was down over 44 times. most time internet is down about 31 second.
    in average internet goes down ever 32 min. 
    and its happening about several month. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ciupakabra wrote: »
    ok, not very interesting but.

for sure i getting "ADSL down, possible reason: Not link up"

that is very bad, coz im using PP tunneling and some syncin software for my works. and after reconnecting i need connect them manually.

in 24h internet was down over 44 times. most time internet is down about 31 second.
    in average internet goes down ever 32 min. 
    and its happening about several month. 
    Hi ciupakabra

If you would like to PM me your eircom account details I will run some tests and see if there are any issues creating this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement