Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get phone line

• 19-09-2013 11:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi, I'm about halfway between Ennistymon and Kilfenora and looking to get a phone line installed. I rang Eircom and the technician came out and initially said there would be no problem. He called later when I was at work and rang me to say that I was too far from the road(380m). I queried this and then had to listen to other excuses(couldn't find the conduit with the pipes etc.). Basically he didn't want to do the job. Anyone else had this problem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

thomur wrote: »
    Hi, I'm about halfway between Ennistymon and Kilfenora and looking to get a phone line installed. I rang Eircom and the technician came out and initially said there would be no problem. He called later when I was at work and rang me to say that I was too far from the road(380m). I queried this and then had to listen to other excuses(couldn't find the conduit with the pipes etc.). Basically he didn't want to do the job. Anyone else had this problem

AFAIK, the engineer won't dig(or move grass) to look for a conduit you have to have the conduit running to the base of the pole and rising up the pole a few feet.

You also have to have a wire or rope in the conduit for them to pull the phone line.

I'd contact them again and ask them to ring you before they are due to call, so that you can be on site when they arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try the likes of ripplecom, pretty sure they do broadband and house phone over the air.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Thanks for the responses guys. Will try again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Try the likes of ripplecom, pretty sure they do broadband and house phone over the air.

They do, they're using Blueface. Not too sure if it can be gotten where the OP is, I'm pretty sure there's a Ripplecom mast is in the North East direction on that road. It can be gotten in Kilfenora and Ennistymon.

Lighthouse ntworks may have coverage, you could then do the phone line over that and may work out cheaper.

Ripplecom have coverage towards ballinacarra anyway, I know lighthouse have coverage in corofin but not sure about OPs location.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dampintheattic

colm_mcm wrote: »

I was considering Ripplecom myself, till I looked it up on another forum on here.
    Plenty of customers, very, very, very unhappy.

Whereas eircom customers are usually over the moon with the service :)

Take your point though.

Advertisement