Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Camper Van is on its last legs ...

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

buffalo wrote: »
    In the spirit of the UCI, did we have a vote on whether we could vote? Do all candidate titles have the backing of the poster of the title, or can I suggest an amendment that a title can be nominated by any two other posters?

In the spirit of the UCI I hereby label you a divisive element and I don an earnest and sincere face while I ask "why do you hate boards.ie", you Irish forum hater you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

The Hors Catégorie Thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

In the spirit of the UCI, I have a doss here but you can't have a doss here.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

In the spirit of the UCI, I suggest we change the rules of the election mid-process, where the chosen title will not be the title with the most votes but the title with the least votes.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

doozerie wrote: »
    In the spirit of the UCI I hereby label you a divisive element and I don an earnest and sincere face while I ask "why do you hate boards.ie", you Irish forum hater you?
    Too long - can we stick to the ones in the poll please ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Lmfao..my post was included..and it wasn't even a suggestion :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

How long do we let the pole run before we decide that I won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This is a fight for the very identity of this forum.

What are we about? Endless circular arguments over traffic law, or lycra-clad drug-fuelled high-altitude bromance?

Well?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

How long do we let the pole run before we decide that I won

Whenever the title I like is in the lead :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Lumen wrote: »
    This is a fight for the very identity of this forum.

What are we about? Endless circular arguments over traffic law, or lycra-clad drug-fuelled high-altitude bromance?

Maybe "they don't even pay road tax, Joe" should be the endless circular arguments over traffic law megathread, while you take over the LGBT forum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

CramCycle wrote: »
    Whenever the title I like is in the lead :eek:

I like the cut of your jib I think you could end up over all the cycling forums all over the world with thinking like that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I like the cut of your jib I think you could end up over all the cycling forums all over the world with thinking like that

Telling me what I like to hear, welcome to the team Herr derealbadger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

RayCun wrote: »
    Maybe "they don't even pay road tax, Joe" should be the endless circular arguments over traffic law megathread, while you take over the LGBT forum :)

Lycra, gruppetti, bidons and tifosi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

If we choose the title that is presently in the lead we may as well move to the transport forum. The saddos that spend their day b1tching about road users will have won.

This is a sports forum ffs. This particular sport has a long history that deserves to be recognised for what it is. I know what I am voting for and it's not endless threads about fuc*ing traffic.
    Losers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

ROK ON wrote: »
    If we choose the title that is presently in the lead we may as well move to the transport forum.

To be honest, the current title refers to the equally poor light facing cycling and while it is in jest, the Joe one is equally so, just a different slant.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I know what I am voting for and it's:

"not endless threads about fuc*ing traffic. Losers"
    We have a winner ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

As long as it's not about doping or Pat McQuaid I'll be happy!

(plenty of threads on those already and bear in mind this is going to be sticked at the top for a year or two at least..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

This is a sports forum ffs

Well, we also take purely commuters just as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

bcmf wrote: »
    Strava Segments and other short stories.

Why wasnt mine added to the poll?
    Its clearly the best!

Havoc .....did you have a hand in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Can we not just revert to the broomwagon, or maybe '132 broomwagon'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

If only there was a thread where we could throw in random topics not worthy of their own thread.
    But what would we name such a thread.......????
    Dr Ferrari's...?
    Nah, too obvious...

CPL 593H

Advertisement