Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung S3 screen dead - accessing contacts?

• 20-09-2013 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

How do I get my contacts off my galaxy S3 that has a broken screen?
    I can get alot of other stuff off it by simply connecting it to computer via usb cable by not contacts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

do a backup with samsung kies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Check to see if they were synced with gmail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

G1032 wrote: »
    Check to see if they were synced with gmail

This is by far the easiest way to get all your contacts synced across multiple devices. It is also the best way to keep all your contacts if you change/lose/break your phone.
    All you need to do is hook up your Gmail account and allow it to sync and volia!

This should be in the Android 101
    yet I cant believe how many Android users don't do this and some even don't have a Gmail account set up on their phone!

I really think an Android 101 night class would be a great idea as so many people are not getting full use out of their smartphones. I presume its the same in iPhone and Windows phone too where the full potential of the phone is not being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jacky daniels

I didnt have it sync'd. I tend to limit how much info I share with google. Ok laugh.
    Anyway, will kies allow me to access the contacts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I didnt have it sync'd. I tend to limit how much info I share with google. Ok laugh.
    Anyway, will kies allow me to access the contacts?

I don't know tbh because I've never used Kies. I'd assume it would work.
    Bit odd having an Android phone when you're wary of sharing info with Google...!!

For the future..... If you still don't want to sync contacts just sync once, export contacts in csv format and save that file. Copy contacts to SIM card and delete from your gmail account. If you ever need to sync them again just import the saved csv file back into gmail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement