Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oakleigh Wood / Derrymore, Ennis

Options
  • 20-09-2013 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi all some advice needed please.
    We are looking at two houses in the Derrymore Estate and Oakleigh Woods building complex/ estate on the Tulla road Ennis Co Clare.
    These two estates seem to have only the one exit onto the Tulla road in ennis and what I'm wondering is if anyone is living there and on here can you tell me what the traffic is like getting out of these estates in the morning please. I have asked people up there that actually live there but just wanted a second opinion.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

a second opinion. from faceless people on the net when people you know live there have already answered your question ..

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭thatsmyboy

I asked 1person there. Can I have some constructive replies only please

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

thatsmyboy wrote: »
    I asked 1person there. Can I have some constructive replies only please

Tellinng you to listen to people you know live there over people you don't know on the internet is constructive :rolleyes:

P.S One person doesn't consist of people. You said people in your opening post which indicates multiple persons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Hi op could you not go up some morning and have a walk around early to see what it is like for yourself.

You probably won't get much help on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

It's crazy
    Looney
    A pain in the ass
    Did the residents up there tell you about the campaign for a roundabout at the main road?
    https://www.facebook.com/OakleighWoodCappahardRoundabout

• Advertisement

Yes it seems Oakleigh woods and cappahard I think are up the back of the estate but I was looking at a house in Derrymore which is nearer the exit ,I wonder is this estate as bad

Yes it seems Oakleigh woods and cappahard I think are up the back of the estate but I was looking at a house in Derrymore which is nearer the exit ,I wonder is this estate as bad

Cappahard is not at the back of anything it's an entire development on the right hand side of the road when travelling towards Tulla
    Oakleigh wood is on the lift up a hill (on a side note the gradient on the entrance meant people were trapped in the frost/snow in 2008/2009)

Where exactly are you looking at??

Sorry Yea ur correct I meant Derrymore which is a development in the same entrance as Oakleigh woods. Cappahard is separate across the road. I looked in Derrymore .

Sorry Yea ur correct I meant Derrymore which is a development in the same entrance as Oakleigh woods. Cappahard is separate across the road. I looked in Derrymore .

Then you are looking at chaos every morning if heading towards town

Angelfire thanks for all ur replies I appreciate it. Just one more thing as you sound like someone who actually lives up there. We would not be driving towards town we would be turning left for by pass, but I'm just wondering is the problem just getting out of the estate to turn left gona be the big problem.

Thanks again

• Advertisement

Angelfire thanks for all ur replies I appreciate it. Just one more thing as you sound like someone who actually lives up there. We would not be driving towards town we would be turning left for by pass, but I'm just wondering is the problem just getting out of the estate to turn left gona be the big problem.

Thanks again

When you get to the head of the road, no, but you have to wait for all the school going mammies ahead of you between 8.30 and 9 most of which will be turning right as the road isn't wide enough for two lanes your still gonna get stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Oakleigh wood and Derrymore are lovely OP but as Anglefire mentioned, the intersection onto the Tulla Rd is a nightmare (i live in Cappahard), and as Anglefire mentioned, if we get bad snow or ice, that hill is potentially lethal. I have recently bout a house and didn't even look at there for those very reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cglee

I lived in oakleigh wood and the estate itself is really nice had lots of friends as a child and there are always kids out playing when I go up to my parents house as for the traffic u have to b really brave at times to get out otherwise u could b sitting for a bit :)

Advertisement