Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Canada Jobs Fair - Dublin

Options
  • 20-09-2013 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Anyone who is interested in moving to Western Canada might have an interest in attending the Job fair on Nov 2 in Dublin.
    I think it is officially called the 'Opportunities Overseas Expo'.

I know that tradespeople are high on the list (Plumbers, Electricians, Pipefitters, Welders, Machine Drivers etc.) and i believe quite a few companies are recruiting for skilled office personnel (Mech & Civil Engineers / Project Managers).

If interested, it would be best to get your CV in now, as they will distribute to employers beforehand. That way if an employer is interested, they can schedule an interview.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I should point out that i work for a company that is heading over to recruit. They went last year and had success so they are looking for more people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Do you have any info on which companies are attending or where to send CV's to?

nevermind, found it

(your company aren't recruiting IT staff are they? :))

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

is it really only aimed at unger 35's? for visa reasons?

wexie wrote: »

nevermind, found it

No my company are not recruiting for IT, as far as i know anyway.

IT salaries can be lower here than Ireland. My GF works in IT here and could make more money at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

ibh wrote: »
    No my company are not recruiting for IT, as far as i know anyway.

IT salaries can be lower here than Ireland. My GF works in IT here and could make more money at home.

+1. I'm in software development in Vancouver and the money back home is a good bit better.
    wexie wrote: »

nevermind, found it

Ireland is the place to be for IT! I'm on 20% less in Vancouver and the cost of living is faaaar higher. Just to give an example, I am working in this field nearly 5 years.

• Advertisement

gdavis wrote: »
    is it really only aimed at unger 35's? for visa reasons?

No. The visa that they would provide (LMO) would not be affected by age.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

ibh wrote: »
    No. The visa that they would provide (LMO) would not be affected by age.

Thanks for the info mate,could you please tell me what companies will be there and so that I could send in my cv,s.I am a qualified plumber here in Ireland.thank you

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info mate,could you please tell me what companies will be there and so that I could send in my cv,s.I am a qualified plumber here in Ireland.thank you

You need to send it through the organisers of the event, 'Opportunities Overseas Expo'.

They will distribute to all the relevant companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Is this the Expo you's are referring to? On this weekend!

http://www.workingabroad.net/exhibitions-and-events/dublin/

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Is this the Expo you's are referring to? On this weekend!

http://www.workingabroad.net/exhibitions-and-events/dublin/

No, it is definitely at the end of Oct / early November.

http://www.workingin-events.com/canada-construction/

• Advertisement
Advertisement