Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is too much?

Options
  • 20-09-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

HI Folks,

Just wondering if someone could help me work out how many cigarette equivalent amounts of nicotine I'm consuming?

I am using 18mg liquid.
    I have a clearomizer that takes 1.6ml of liquid.

Is it possible to work out how many cigarettes (marlboro lights, say) one fill would equate to?

(Just in terms of nicotine now, don't want to get into a debate about carcinogens or whatever...)

Like, if a 100ml bottle is advertised as 18mg strength.
    Does that mean that using the whole bottle would mean consuming a total of 18mg of nicotine?

In europe a marlboro light contains 0.6mg nicotine afaik, so by my calculations then a 100ml bottle contains roughly 30 marlboro lights.. right?

And the 1.6ml tank contains 18/100 * 1.6 = 0.288 mg of nicotine which would be half a marlboro light..

Thanks

Vida

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

18mg means 18mg per 1ml.....

Absorption rate appears to be around 30% i.e. if you vape 1.6mls per day of 18mg that's approx 9mg of analogue equivalents.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

Ahh,
    see, I knew there was something wrong with my logic.
    Good thing I asked.

So, if I go through a tank I'm getting to about 15 fags?

Ok, good. Thats what I needed to know.

Thanks very much,
    Vida.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

One thing I've noticed - (might be all in my mind !)

but the vg/pg mixes that veer more towards vg seem to burn through lot faster in the clearomizers than pg strong ones - with all other things equal (such as the nic strength)

anyway that doesnt really answer your question :-)

My advice would be - if you want to simulate a smoking habit as closely as possible when your starting off - just puff for about 3 minutes at the intervals that you used smoke for before - and put the ecig away the rest of the time.

I would'nt get too worried about the amount of liquid you go through when your starting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

Yeah,
    Thats the thing really.. putting it away...
    I kinda got into a habit of chuffin away on it .. and then realising I'd emptied the tank.. a kanger evod.. think it was nearly 2ml...
    And that can't be a good idea really...

Now that I know how much nicotine that represents Ive taken to leavin it out in the car and just goin out for a smoke break from time to time.. much better really...

I do want to give up completely, but this so far is a great first step.. no stink...feel a lot cleaner... the missus is a big fan.

Vida

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I found when I started about six weeks ago I vamped a lot, almost like I didn't quite get it, than after a few days I settled down to consuming about 1-2ml a day....ran out of everything after a month and went back on the cancer sticks.....back on the vaping now with loads of spares etc...and same thing has happened, vaping way more again and wondering will the same thing happen again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement