Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy Kindle/E-Reader?

Options
  • 20-09-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a Kindle or E-Reader (not sure if there's much of a difference - but let me know!)

I'm looking to buy one as I'm always reading and it's costing a fortune as well as lugging books everywhere! Just wondering where would be the cheapest place to buy one? Hoping to get one today :P.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

You can only get kindles for over here from the US amazon (at least that used to be the case). Delivery doesn't take too long. If you went to get an e-reader from amazon.co.uk, you might get the message saying they can't be delivered to Ireland. Parcel Motel will get you around that though (now I think of it you could probably get a kindle by going that route).

To be honest, amazon is usually good value for pretty much everything, though for something like an e-reader you might be better off getting one in a bricks and mortar shop, see how it feels in your hands, what the screen looks like etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

That's what I was planning on doing, but have no idea where sells the cheapest one, I'd really rather not buy it online (I'm kinda impatient :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Where are you based? I'd reckon somewhere like Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dubal

Argos or tesco

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You can pick one up pretty much anywhere. Argos, Tesco, Currys, etc all stock them.

I'd recommend the Kobo Glo - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5011362/Trail/searchtext%3EKOBO.htm myself but the Kindle Paperwhite - both have backlights is only a tenner more expensive at argos.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Is the 7 inch kobo aura for sale in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

I'm based in Dublin :)

Would love to be able to spend €129.00 on a Kindle Paperwhite - but I just couldn't justify that money right now.

Saw the kindle with wifi for €82.00 on the argos site just there, anybody any experience with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah it's a great piece of kit. The only real difference between that and the Paperwhite is the lack of the backlight on the standard model but if you don't mind that, it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

You can only get kindles for over here from the US amazon (at least that used to be the case).

That's changed now - happily :)

Delivery from .co.uk site takes about 3 days - comes from Germany. I just got the 'old generation' paperwhite. Very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The screen is failing on my old Sony so I just pre-ordered the new Paperwhite 2 WIFI on Amazon.co.uk for £109. It is released on October 9th.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CTUKFNQ/ref=amb_link_177287187_2?ie=UTF8&nav_sdd=aps&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0FAXPSW4TPNR5KRRN55Y&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=429331547&pf_rd_i=468294

• Advertisement
Advertisement