Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City vs Manchester United Match Thread 22/9/2013 k/o 16.00 Sky.

• 20-09-2013 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToP18WdonM16IrhBmT9IX8XkCry-cTBjA9IYPOjhd6AVMtrl1-VA.ae7z.jpg..images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUcbfxAZEQzQgAe9QYr5zIbW_XcT-Vjp3WGKKo3skeWl0jMmJ6w

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

City havent started that great and Utd are putting together some form.

I reckon a score draw anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Will be interesting how United line up. City have dominated the midfield against United in recent games but i think Fellaini will give United a big boost in this area. If the team below is played for the first time in awhile i will be confident of beating City. Unfortunately i fear Giggs and Jones will end up in the team somewhere.

De Gea

Smalling Rio Vidic Evra

Fellaini Carrick

Valencia Rooney Welbeck

RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Will be interesting how United line up. City have dominated the midfield against United in recent games but i think Fellaini will give United a big boost in this area. If the team below is played for the first time in awhile i will be confident of beating City. Unfortunately i fear Giggs and Jones will end up in the team somewhere.

De Gea

Smalling Rio Vidic Evra

Fellaini Carrick

Valencia Rooney Welbeck

RVP

Not sure where you're getting your confiddence from. The addition of Fellaini to the team isn't going to allow for a team that attacking away from home. I'd agree with Gav, and taking into consideration all the games at City over the last couple of years have been fairly poor. I'd imagine this would be a low scoring game, if not a 0-0. Utd will want to go to keep it tight and take the point. If they did chose to go all out attack, they would be left very exposed, and I wouldn't favour Evra in a counter attack against Navas at all.

Nothing is won in September! I think both Managers will be determined not to lose. Although, I have heard a rumour the there is a clause in Pellegrini's contract that he must win Sunday games. He hasn't started that well, losing to Cardiff on his first attempt, but it will be alot worse losing his first derby on the Sunday if true. The basis for the clause apparently is to do with international broadcasting and how it will affect the overall brand the owners are trying to build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gonna be great to have somebody (Fellaini) in midfield that can stand up to YaYa's physicality.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I reckon City will win this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

United have been poor all season, Moyes is completely out of his dept I think.

City will rise to the occasion for this one, especially after an impressive second half this week in the champions league.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

City will rise to the occasion for this one, especially after an impressive second half this week in the champions league.

Did you see Tuesday's game?

RVD420 wrote: »
    Did you see Tuesday's game?

I did yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

If United have been poor what's your opinions on how City and Pellegrini have done so far this season.

So youre saying City will rise for the game after a 2nd half display but dismiss Utds performace against a superior team on the same night?

Thats flawed logic IMO.

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    If United have been poor what's your opinions on how City and Pellegrini have done so far this season.

been awful for the majority of it, kompany and nastasic both being injured certainly didn't help things. especially with no decent cover.

Both are fully fit for Sunday and I hear Silva may also be fit to play.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    So youre saying City will rise for the game after a 2nd half display but dismiss Utds performace against a superior team on the same night?

Thats flawed logic IMO.

City have a fully fit back four for the first time this season (clichy maybe still doubtful.)

It showed the other night and will show on sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

City have a fully fit back four for the first time this season (clichy maybe still doubtful.)

It showed the other night and will show on sunday.

You were playing Victoria Plzen the other night. That shows next to nothing. Sunday will be a proper test.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Nothing is won in September! I think both Managers will be determined not to lose. Although, I have heard a rumour the there is a clause in Pellegrini's contract that he must win Sunday games. He hasn't started that well, losing to Cardiff on his first attempt, but it will be alot worse losing his first derby on the Sunday if true. The basis for the clause apparently is to do with international broadcasting and how it will affect the overall brand the owners are trying to build.

:pac:

Although, I have heard a rumour the there is a clause in Pellegrini's contract that he must win Sunday games. He hasn't started that well, losing to Cardiff on his first attempt, but it will be alot worse losing his first derby on the Sunday if true. The basis for the clause apparently is to do with international broadcasting and how it will affect the overall brand the owners are trying to build.

This is surely a piss take?

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    :pac:

You'll need to clarify what point you are referring to, or is it all of it? Top contribution though!

You'll need to clarify what point you are referring to, or is it all of it? Top contribution though!

The entire paragraph I quoted. Clearly a joke yeah? You don't actually believe that.

Blatter wrote: »
    This is surely a piss take?

No, can't confirm it by anything other than what I was told, hence why I said rumour. The owners are heavily branding the team on Etihad, and it is their view that the Sunday game has the widest catching audience, therefore the best oppurtunity to advertise themselves. Sounded a bit mad to me, but it was coming from someone who works in PR for the club.

No, can't confirm it by anything other than what I was told, hence why I said rumour. The owners are heavily branding the team on Etihad, and it is their view that the Sunday game has the widest catching audience, therefore the best oppurtunity to advertise themselves. Sounded a bit mad to me, but it was coming from someone who works in PR for the club.

It's complete and utter nonsense. Pellegrini isn't Steve Kean. He wouldn't work under any ridiculous conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

that's an amazing rumour

• Advertisement

It's odd from the pov that surely a minimum requirement for a City manager is to do his best in every game. Stipulating that he has to win on Sundays kind of negates that!

It's complete and utter nonsense. Pellegrini isn't Steve Kean. He wouldn't work under any ridiculous conditions.

Given the involvement of the board in the club over the last 12 months, it wouldn't surprise me. If it was put to Pellegrini that he would recieve a bonus for such results, I wouldn't see why he would reject it.

It's not like The Sheil has bought the club for the love of the game. The main reason he invested in England was to push his company Etihad. Given his investment in the surrounding area and business, he would hardly want a dead duck fronting his advertising. If anybody has travelled with Etihad you will have seen the team used to the point of cringy in their adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*needle on my Stupidometer is now bent*

Given the involvement of the board in the club over the last 12 months, it wouldn't surprise me. If it was put to Pellegrini that he would recieve a bonus for such results, I wouldn't see why he would reject it.

Jesus Christ man. There is zero chance this is true. I can maybe understand a bonus incentive to win the game. Though I doubt a bit of extra cash would make him want to win the game more than he does already. But he has to win big Sunday games or he'll be sacked? No chance.

Absolutely ridiculous talk, embarrassing really.

I have heard a rumour the there is a clause in Pellegrini's contract that he must win Sunday games. He hasn't started that well, losing to Cardiff on his first attempt, but it will be alot worse losing his first derby on the Sunday if true. .

Pellegrini to be sacked on Sunday afternoon. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

article-2426613-1BEE56DE000005DC-140_636x459.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

City are a marketing tool for the Emirates; although I doubt something specific about Sunday games is written in his contract, there will be conditions pursuant to their aims of promoting the image of the Emirates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I reckon a draw today.

8-8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

I'm goin either 2-1 r 3-2 to utd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I also heard Pelligrini needs to win at least 89.5% of his games in December because it will increase Christmas sales and is the optimum month for boosting their brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Lots of rumours RVP is out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

No Silva for City,

Thank f*ck

Confirmed by Ogden

Balls

• Advertisement

@JournoRich: #MUFC De Gea, Smalling, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Fellaini, Young, Welbeck, Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Noooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Huge blow for Utd not having RVP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Hernandez shd be playing up front instead of Welbeck.

@JournoRich: #MUFC subs: Amos, Evans, Hernandez, Nani, Cleverley, Kagawa, Buttner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Resting RVP ahead of the big game on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fancy City now after seeing Uniteds team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

City win for me 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Any news on why RVP is out? Injured I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Thigh strain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Where is VP?

Thigh strain it seems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

RvP out and still Nani doesn't start. FFS.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement