Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardiff Away

Options
  • 20-09-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

If everyone is fit, Lloris,Walker,Dawson,Vert,Rose,Sandro,Paulinho,Eriksen,Sig,Townsend,Soldado
    If Rose misses out, Naughton steps in.
    Leave Dembele out, keep him as an impact sub ;) and Tuesday night

2-1 Spurs BIOYC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Rumour has it that Chiriches's working permit has come through, so I'd rather see vert go out left with Chiriches going to CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Does Chiriches play on the left or right of defence? Rose will be doubtful so play Verts as LB and Chiriches as CB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Does Chiriches play on the left or right of defence? Rose will be doubtful so play Verts as LB and Chiriches as CB

Ya he can play at left.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

I doubt very much we will see Vlad on Sunday, maybe next Tuesday.

I wouldn't mind holtby instead of Sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

GS11 wrote: »
    I doubt very much we will see Vlad on Sunday, maybe next Tuesday.

I wouldn't mind holtby instead of Sig.

It's gonna be hard to drop sig with him scoring twice against Norwich + AVB really likes the lad. But I agree, would love to see Holtby. He never stops running around looking for the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Either way AVB will have to make some tough decisions regarding selection, and when everyone is fit, it's damn near impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Rumour has it that Chiriches's working permit has come through, so I'd rather see vert go out left with Chiriches going to CB.

Play the roma ahead of Kaboul ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I agree with GS11. It's too early for Vlad. AVB will most likely start him on Tuesday or bring him on on Sunday before starting on Tuesday. I can't see him starting on Sunday.

A few options for Cardiff...

Walker - Dawson - Vertz - Naughton

or

Walker - Kaboul - Dawson - Vertz (if Kaboul fit)

or

Walker - Dawson - Vertz - Fryers (if Kaboul not fit)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Holtby is coming back from injury and played 70 minutes on Thursday doubt he'll start on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Play the roma ahead of Kaboul ????

Kaboul went off last night, he's obviously not able for 90 mins yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Kaboul went off last night, he's obviously not able for 90 mins yet

Ah I'd say Kaboul is fit now, he's had a couple of 90 min shifts, and AVB said it was just a precaution taking him off, if need be I'd say he'll be ok for Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    It's gonna be hard to drop sig with him scoring twice against Norwich + AVB really likes the lad. But I agree, would love to see Holtby. He never stops running around looking for the ball.

This is one of the reasons im not convinced by him,.. yet. Running around looking for the ball is not great football play. He will get knackered playing like that and never finish a game. Needs to be cleverer in my opinion but he is improving and for that i am glad

Compare him to lamela last night and lamela hardly broke a sweat , yet they both setup a goal each , holtby sometimes looks like hs just trying too hard

My team for sunday

Lloris - walker - -daws - vert - rose - siggy - sandro - paulinho - townsend - eriksen - soldado

When the lads are fit look at the bench we would have , kaboul - dembele - vlad - defoe - lamela - lennon - capoue

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

i like holtby, and was impressed by him last night. he had 1 or 2 sloppy moments but he is still gaining match fitness. i love his attitude, hes very good technically and has an eye for a pass. i hope avb gives him a good chance to prove himself.

nipps wrote: »
    i like holtby, and was impressed by him last night. he had 1 or 2 sloppy moments but he is still gaining match fitness. i love his attitude, hes very good technically and has an eye for a pass. i hope avb gives him a good chance to prove himself.

wont get ahead of eriksen in the first team

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

mickman wrote: »
    wont get ahead of eriksen in the first team

yeah your right. and i cant really see avb playing the two of them unless the wingers get injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Either way AVB will have to make some tough decisions regarding selection, and when everyone is fit, it's damn near impossible.
    When everyone is fit and up to speed you'd imagine that Lamela and Eriksen would fill 2 of the 3 slots behind Soldado in our first choice XI.

But the third slot is wide open:
    Lennon
    Holtby
    Townsend
    Sigurdsson

this is a tough game, a win here would be a great result

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Any updates on the injuries?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Team v Cardiff - Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Naughton; Dembele, Paulinho; Townsend, Eriksen, Sigurdsson; Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Kane on the bench, no sign of Defoe - injured ?

• Advertisement

Missing Lennon , kaboul , Defoe , adebayour, rose , capoue , Chadli

That's a long list

Dawson putting in some great tackles today.hard but fair..

Should be a couple of goals up at half time,their keeper is on top form today.

Gylfi off the bar!!

7 shots on target and no goals - no change from last season as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

We are absolutely murdering them. Need a goal now or else ill start to worry

Townsend's got as bad a shot on him as Walker

Crying out for more creativity , lamela for Townsend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Naughton is a ****ebag. No left foot either.

Not convinced by Paulinhos performance, very sluggish.

• Advertisement

Lamela coming on

Advertisement