Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive slats order

• 20-09-2013 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I see in the journal's dealer section that someone in the Co.Louth area, who shall remain anonymous :p has purchased enough slats for over 7000 head of cattle to stand on. Supposed to include a new shed as well as the replacement of some old ones.

Anyone got any opinions on this, seems to be a good man for cattle!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Who got the order

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PMurph048

dharn wrote: »
    Who got the order

cant remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Larry G. Now the 7k may actualy be the annual throughput, as Bob rightly pointed our to me in another post.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

pakalasa wrote: »
    Larry G. Now the 7k may actualy be the annual throughput, as Bob rightly pointed our to me in another post.

Was replacing slats myself earlier in the year and the rep was telling me he had been up there the day before. Slats were in since seventies so doubt they owe him much. Something like 1500 gangs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Mulumpy wrote: »
    Was replacing slats myself earlier in the year and the rep was telling me he had been up there the day before. Slats were in since seventies so doubt they owe him much. Something like 1500 gangs.

old asbestos slatted sheds, the start of them. 1500 slats would fit about 2500 cattle, which sounds right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Know someone who worked there. These were cracking, and falling in, in the late 80s

Advertisement