Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R132 roadworks at the airport

Options
  • 20-09-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

Noticed this morning that the central reservation/dividing line along the new road layout at the (airport roundabout to Dardistown) has cobblelock all the way along it -surely there's a cheaper alternative??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

They have been working on that stretch for about 3 years. They added the third lane to the M1 as far as Junction 4 in less time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Noticed this morning that the central reservation/dividing line along the new road layout at the (airport roundabout to Dardistown) has cobblelock all the way along it -surely there's a cheaper alternative??

Agreed. The paving also looks excessive. Brushed concrete or grassed topsoil surely would have been more appropriate. Given the location of it though maybe a few flowerbeds/boxes would've been better still.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

What are they actually doing there? It's taking an eternity.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

pinkypinky wrote: »
    What are they actually doing there? It's taking an eternity.

Making it worse from what I can figure out, I live the other side of the airport in Swords, and my gym is alsaa it's a black art actually figuring out the best time of day to go there

Advertisement