Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grip Wax

• 20-09-2013 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone use this and if so is it any use?
    Finding that my darts are slipping before release and looking to correct it.

And lastly, any of the shops in Dublin sell it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

I wax all the time, can’t play without it. I have tried the stuff in the picture below and found it very hit and miss. You can have either too much grip or none at all and.
    I find the Mighty Grip good, but if you put a bit on some wax it works better. Try buying the candles for the Oil burners and just use them. You can get a big bag of them in Heitons for around €4 and they will last you years. Don’t buy the ones in the third picture as they are rubbish and break after a few minutes.

sportswax.jpg
    mighty%20grip.jpg
    PRODTHM-993.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Thanks man, I'll give the candles a go. I grip my darts on the smooth part of the barrel at the front and nothing to piss you off as much as the dart flying out of your hand early.

Playing tonight so I'll try to pick some up before I head out.

Advertisement