Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Next Steps

Options
  • 20-09-2013 12:23pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks, we are kicking off the league on Monday morning at 9am.

This means I will be advancing to pre-season week 2 Saturday morning @ 9am.

You must have picked up your FAs by then as any CPU teams (we may have a couple) could pick them up and i cant force the CPU to release so please take this as your final warning on the subject.
    You may pick up 1 additional FA during this game week, but it needs to be posted.

I will be advancing to pre season week 3 on Sunday morning @ 9am.
    You may pick up one additional FA during this game week. Again it must be posted

I will be advancing to the regular season Monday morning @9am, I will be skipping past pre season week 4.
    So this means you really need to make your cuts by Sunday night. you roster must be @ 53 players (you need to have a punter,kicker etc)
    IF you have any questions please post a thread.

If you dont make your cuts, you are at a very real risk that the CPU could cut a potential star players, it is very indiscriminate so if you dont make your cuts its your own fault and once they hit FA they are fair game.

You can pick one player up per game week in the regular season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

I'd like to thank Heli for his great work in commish-ing all of yesterday and the previous day and for being so patience with the sometimes inane questions that i was firing at him!

Cheers Heli!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just a reminder lads, you need to be @ 53 players at 9am tomorrow.
    Anyone who is cut because you are over the 53 is fair game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

We are now in the season proper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

We are now in the season proper!

Are all FA fair game?

Are all FA fair game?

everyone except for Winfield, but remember you can only pick up 1 this game week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Are all FA fair game?

Yes, but only 1 a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I completely forgot to do my cuts but checking my team on the madden website and it seems like the CPU cut the worst players. Thank god

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    I completely forgot to do my cuts but checking my team on the madden website and it seems like the CPU cut the worst players. Thank god

:eek::eek:

Looks like there were no decent players chopped by the CPU which is good for you :rolleyes:

If Tony G had been cut i'd have been on him like white on rice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

:eek::eek:

Looks like there were no decent players chopped by the CPU which is good for you :rolleyes:

If Tony G had been cut i'd have been on him like white on rice!

I think I'd have cried

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Are there any contract rules when resigning players?
    I know they're is when we all offering for players at the end of the season just can't remember if theres any for our own

• Advertisement

Not for resigning, once we get into FA at the end of the season we'll have rules but free to do what you want for your team as it stands

Right,so if I want to keep cap down should I offer some of these guys big bonus's? (these would be guys I won't be trading like)

Yes you can... however if they get injured for say the rest of the season then you cant cut them without taking a massive hit.

In my game with HAW last night Troy went off injured last night twice and Brett Keisel had what is probably a long term injury with an abdominal tear

Yes you can... however if they get injured for say the rest of the season then you cant cut them without taking a massive hit.

In my game with HAW last night Troy went off injured last night twice and Brett Keisel had what is probably a long term injury with an abdominal tear
    I see but for the likes of say Albert my LT OVR 91 even if he got season ending injury shure I'd never cut him......would I :eek:

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I see but for the likes of say Albert my LT OVR 91 even if he got season ending injury shure I'd never cut him......would I :eek:

Probably not but who knows, people is crazy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Right,so if I want to keep cap down should I offer some of these guys big bonus's? (these would be guys I won't be trading like)

The bonus still counts against your cap, it is just split over the life of the contract. ($20m bonus over 4 years counts against the cap $5m per year)

If you trade or release the player you still have to pay off the bonus but not the salary. It's not a good idea to put all the salary as bonus for that very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

If someone gets a season ending injury you can put them on IR which frees up their roster spot, no need to cut them.

adrian522 wrote: »
    1.The bonus still counts against your cap, it is just split over the life of the contract. ($20m bonus over 4 years counts against the cap $5m per year)

2.If you trade or release the player you still have to pay off the bonus but not the salary. It's not a good idea to put all the salary as bonus for that very reason.

2.Ya when I traded my CB to Heli his 3 mil bonus is gone against my cap,1 mil this 2 mil next year.
    1.Does it? Just wondering how do I view this,like I loaded up an offline league their,went to resignings,17 mil in cap to spare,offered a 3 mil salary 1 mil bonus over 3 years,cap goes down 14,so I guess my question is how does my bonus count against the cap if I don't trade or release the player?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Inyour example say the slary was spilt equally over the 3 years.

The player is paid $1m per year over 3 years.

The bonus is paid entirely at the start but for Cap purposes is split equally over the 3 years.

So in year 1 The cap hit should be $2m.

However, often the salary is not split equally over the 3 years. You may find in year one the salary will be lower and it will rise then in years 2 and 3.

You should be able to view all this in the re-signings screen when you offer the contract.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Inyour example say the slary was spilt equally over the 3 years.

The player is paid $1m per year over 3 years.

The bonus is paid entirely at the start but for Cap purposes is split equally over the 3 years.

So in year 1 The cap hit should be $2m.

However, often the salary is not split equally over the 3 years. You may find in year one the salary will be lower and it will rise then in years 2 and 3.

You should be able to view all this in the re-signings screen when you offer the contract.
    Thanks Adrian,I noticed that before on the resignings screen (salary increasing) but never copped what it was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement