Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro gamer BF4

Options
  • 20-09-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Bf4 will be at the euro gamer expo in London this weekend. Sadly only got a 1 day ticket but depending what's on show leave requests here and me or other boardsies at the show will try and check such things for you.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

You absolute bastard!! haha Enjoy the show dude! If you get to play the game, do me a favor & have a good look at the C4. Can you throw it further? Can you still attach it to vehicles? Attach it to players? etc.. This is all important information that you are going to have to learn :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Bf4 will be at the euro gamer expo in London this weekend. Sadly only got a 1 day ticket but depending what's on show leave requests here and me or other boardsies at the show will try and check such things for you.
    ktulu123 wrote: »
    do me a favor & have a good look at the C4. Can you throw it further? Can you still attach it to vehicles? Attach it to players? etc.. This is all important information that you are going to have to learn :P

Tell him sweet f a about the C4 as we will all suffer from that intel. :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Please check out the PS4 version and provide some insight - maybe judge it in comparison to current gen and not the best ever possible PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Is there much difference in the tanks handling from BF3.
    3 seats still?

Probably out there already but just curious.

Can you steal a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

In queue to play xboxone version only but BRAND NEW MAP!!!

Only Xbox playable :( will try c4 when I play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

In queue to play xboxone version only but BRAND NEW MAP!!!

Only Xbox playable :( will try c4 when I play

Have fun!!!

Photo from queue

Enjoy dude!

No commander mode available

Just talked to a dev here, seems you are auto put into a squad when joining a server and 5 man squads only happen when players set up a squad themselves so the server balance won't be as much of an issue

• Advertisement

Rather bland map the levelution for it wasn't as game changing as I thought it be c4 works as before though i was able to make fox holes in the ground with it and the quality on xbone was steady 60fps without much issue.

What was the levolution on it? What type of map was it? Indoor, Outdoor, CQB etc..

sorry was on phone so couldnt type much.

the map was an abandoned factory in russia with woodland and scrub around it and a lot of abandoned rusty cold war era tanks.

rather small map cause it was a 16v16 set up with 4 capture points.

the levelution we were told was knocking down a large smokestack over point C which completely changed the caps layout. But it wasnt like the ones seen in shanghai where it was a very noticeable change. I didnt even see the smokestack before someone knocked it down.

I talked to a developer before hand about my concern over squads and its been changed that you auto join a squad and the game tries to avoid having too many 5 man squads unless players insist on it.

the guns were meaty sounding and the c4 acted as normal except like some early bf3 alpha they can take chunks out of the ground. Though as meaty as guns sound I did find it took a lot of hits to kill.

but a lot of my concerns can be put down to the xboxone.

controls were sluggish & the buttons were remapped from what the 360 controls were in bf3 (back is no longer spot and the vehicle controls were messed up)

I also found that the rpg needed more hits to kill vehicles then it did in bf3.

My biggest gripe has nothing to do with the game, but that the xbox one controller is not great, most of it is perfectly fine its just the shoulder buttons feel very off and having these buttons be spot was very irritating.

Yes the ps4 controller is (shockingly) better then the xbone controller in comfort for the first time since the original duke.

Overall though

its battlefield with bells and whistles and toys for everyone to enjoy so be excited.

Awesome! Cheers for the info

Very good.

Blitz, are you a PC gamer, Xbox or PS3? Just wondering what the Xbox graphics were like?

i'm a pc gamer, and the graphics were solid, I only very briefly saw a bit of slow texture loading, and that was when I was sprinting out of a building to avoid a grenade and I saw some of the scrub loading in.

I own a midrange PC at best (nvidia 560ti, quad core AMD) so I'd say the graphics were just a bit ahead of what I could do with bf3.

I'm expecting to take a hit in quality when I have my rig handling BF4 so I'd imagine the xbone to be about 40-50% more powerful then my rig perhaps more considering how well it ran with almost no slowdown.

there was this really annoying box at the top of the screen warning us that the kinect could not find the player (the kinect was no where to be seen on the setup) and it wouldnt go away. So that might be a problem if you want to put tape over your kinect sensor.

i'm a pc gamer, and the graphics were solid, I only very briefly saw a bit of slow texture loading, and that was when I was sprinting out of a building to avoid a grenade and I saw some of the scrub loading in.

I own a midrange PC at best (nvidia 560ti, quad core AMD) so I'd say the graphics were just a bit ahead of what I could do with bf3.

I'm expecting to take a hit in quality when I have my rig handling BF4 so I'd imagine the xbone to be about 40-50% more powerful then my rig perhaps more considering how well it ran with almost no slowdown.

there was this really annoying box at the top of the screen warning us that the kinect could not find the player (the kinect was no where to be seen on the setup) and it wouldnt go away. So that might be a problem if you want to put tape over your kinect sensor.

Cheers mate, very good and fair comments.

Westie on Youtube said similar.

For us console players this is going to be amazing, some leap forward!

Advertisement