Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illusions opening Capel Street

Options
  • 20-09-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭

Signs up saying its opening tonight (well it says Friday 19th but assume its tonight!) just heard it had a good bit of trouble back in the day. I can't find a website or facebook page or anything anyone know anything about it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

chopper6 wrote: »
    What is it?

a bar. I think it'll be fairly tough for them to pull in the punters there. Hard to get people to go past the Black Sheep!

jimmii wrote: »
    a bar. I think it'll be fairly tough for them to pull in the punters there. Hard to get people to go past the Black Sheep!

There's a couple of bars on capel st that do a good trade,but they tend to be near the river end.

chopper6 wrote: »
    There's a couple of bars on capel st that do a good trade,but they tend to be near the river end.

I have a shop on Capel St where they are is going to be tough unless its really good. Beer House had a tough time getting people to go down there they are having a trad night on during the week it'll be interesting to see what else they come up with to get people in.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

is this on the spot where the beerhouse is? or is the beerhouse still open and this is in a different building?

I head the king 7 place does quite well on the street also.

• Advertisement

Its about 100m down Capel St from Beer House from the outside it looks like an office more than a bar! I went in for a few drinks last night its nice and tidy inside music was quite old so doubt it will get over run with young ones! The kitchen isn't done yet so no food for now €4.80 for a pint of bud so middle of the road price wise these days.

Hard to tell with King 7 you can't see much from the outside! Always see a steady stream of people going in and out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Terrible name for a bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I passed it last night just after 12 and they seemed to have closed the doors.

Looked in throught the window and they seemed to be shutting up for the night.

Opening night must have been slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

is it just down from the pub which used to be the 4 seasons at the junction of Bolton/capel street?

always thought illusions was a gay bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

is it just down from the pub which used to be the 4 seasons at the junction of Bolton/capel street?

Nah, it always just had the illusion of one. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yeah, about 2 doors down

Unless i'm mistaken, the gay bar was across the road where black sheep is now.

Anyway, no idea what this'll be like, had first hand experience with the old illusions and tbh it was a complete ****hole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Is Capel st seen as rough?How long is the Black Sheep there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Capel st isn't rough. Black sheep has been there a couple of years now, was a stage the pub was changing its name regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Can't see this place having any sort of success. It's a terrible looking building, not inviting at all, terrible name, and no opening offers of any kind by the looks of it.
    Really makes you wonder if some businesses do any market research I reckon

sasta le wrote: »

Not at all only saw trouble one time and that was when a guy almost ran someone over when he was parking!

sasta le wrote: »

It's not rough exactly..it's just sort of depressing and jumbled IMO.

Can't see this place having any sort of success. It's a terrible looking building, not inviting at all, terrible name, and no opening offers of any kind by the looks of it.
    Really makes you wonder if some businesses do any market research I reckon

They had €4 pints for the match yesterday and they are running a competition to name the place at DIT or something like that I think.
    Also its temporarily called D One now not Illusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

They had €4 pints for the match yesterday and they are running a competition to name the place at DIT or something like that I think.
    Also its temporarily called D One now not Illusions.

Fair enough with the offer but 'D One' doesn't give me much of a better impression than 'Illusions' as to the type of place it will be. Hope they come up with a better one in the competition.

Fair enough with the offer but 'D One' doesn't give me much of a better impression than 'Illusions' as to the type of place it will be. Hope they come up with a better one in the competition.

Yeh I agree it was just because they could make a sign saying D one out of the old one that said Illusions!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Signs up saying its opening tonight (well it says Friday 19th but assume its tonight!) just heard it had a good bit of trouble back in the day. I can't find a website or facebook page or anything anyone know anything about it?

A god awful kip in it's day, every cardboard wanna be gangster drank there on asunday night..

• Advertisement

not yet wrote: »
    A god awful kip in it's day, every cardboard wanna be gangster drank there on asunday night..

lol that bad! I was told it was closed down by the cops about 4 years ago so guessing it must have been somewhere to avoid! Hopefully that doesn't happen again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

lol that bad! I was told it was closed down by the cops about 4 years ago so guessing it must have been somewhere to avoid! Hopefully that doesn't happen again!!

The local ''lads'' will not take long to settle in...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Terrible name for a bar

Agreed. Sounds like a lapdancing bar..

Advertisement