Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was told by the letting agent that we have to sort out our own bins

Options
  • 20-09-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

I ordered in some bins from Barna Waste in Galway for 6 months (€110), and the property manager called over today saying that it was unnecessary, as the bins dotted around the estate weren't for personal use, anyone living there could use them.

The letting agency that sorted us out with the house told us that we would have to sort out the bins ourselves. Is there anything I can do to get some sort of refund? Or should I cut my losses?

I know letting agents are scabby b*stards, but still.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

FinnLizzy wrote: »
    I ordered in some bins from Barna Waste in Galway for 6 months (€110), and the property manager called over today saying that it was unnecessary, as the bins dotted around the estate weren't for personal use, anyone living there could use them.

The letting agency that sorted us out with the house told us that we would have to sort out the bins ourselves. Is there anything I can do to get some sort of refund? Or should I cut my losses?

I know letting agents are scabby b*stards, but still.

Unless it's written down anywhere I doubt you'll get much joy out of the letting agent. They could easily turn around and say that 'sort yourself out' was intended to mean : you'll have to enquire with the property manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Can you cancel the contract with the bin company and get a refund?

Advertisement