Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

account closure

Options
  • 20-09-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering what is required for me to close my current account?
    Do I just call in to the branch and sign a form and hand in by pass card?
    Does it have to be my branch or can it be any branch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Bowlardo, 

Thanks for your post. 

You can visit any branch to close your account. Please bring photo Id with you. If there is a balance on the account after any fees and charges are deducted, you can request a bank draft or a funds transfer to another account. 

I hope this helps. 

Billy 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Hi Bowlardo,

Thanks for your post.

You can visit any branch to close your account. Please bring photo Id with you. If there is a balance on the account after any fees and charges are deducted, you can request a bank draft or a funds transfer to another account.

I hope this helps.

Billy
    Thanks for getting back to me Billy.Does that mean there is a charge to close the account? How much is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Bowlardo,

There is no charge for closing a current account however, if there are any fees due up to the point of closing your account these will need to be deducted from your closing balance before the account can be closed.

A representative at your branch will be happy to discuss if there are any outstanding fees due.

Please see here for our branch locator to assist you.

Thanks for your post,

Paula C

Advertisement