Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to move my stuff (car hire?)

• 20-09-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm going to be moving to the UK in a few weeks, and I'm wondering the best way to move my stuff.

When I last moved apartment I managed to get everything in a rented Nissan Micra (it was actually quite spacious), and I've got rid of a fair bit since then. I'm happy to drive, but all of the car hire places I've seen don't allow cross border travel. Does anyone know any that do?

I think this would work out to be about €150, are there any cheaper options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Skybox

Depending on where you are going, could you rent/borrow a car, drive to a ferry port, load everything onto a trolley and wheel it onto the ferry as a walk on passenger. Rent a car on the other side and off ya go?? Moved to Swansea for the last year of uni and did that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thelucster

That's not too bad of an idea... Did you go to Hollyhead? Are Tesco missing a trolley because of you? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Skybox

At the time the Cork-Swansea ferry was running. This is going back a few years! Not a tesco trolley but the ferry port in Cork had a luggage trolley similar to the ones in airports. Took it right up the rampway as a walk on passenger, loaded everything into the luggage room and unloaded onto the other side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Try the company Mailbox for shipping-30 kg for 30 euro or something, two boxes had pretty much all my clothes and other stuff -xbox, tv etc. in it and got to England in two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cointreau

I've heard good things about Send My Bag - my friend used them to move all her stuff to uni in the UK. Not sure about prices but I reckon they'd have to be Ok for her to have used them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement