Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in playing lower level Junior? (soccer)

Options
  • 20-09-2013 3:24pm

Hey.

Just wondering are there any lads knocking around here who may be new to the area or have fallen away from playing 11-a-side football?.

I'm managing the Galway Bohs reserve team this season, the leagues starting in two weeks.
    The variation of the skill level varies, there's some handy players but also a lot of lads at a fairly low level.

If anyones interested in getting back into competitive football without wanting to go through two nights of hard training each week(maintaining fitness is about the most needed for reserve, maybe one night attendance average) drop me a PM for more details.

Comments

First game of the season is this weekend(Sat at 2) after a late cancellation last week.

Had a few PM replies but not a single one showed up.

Players need to be registered, so I'd need to get anyone interested signed before Thursday.

PM me... if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

When you say a low level, how low are we talking!?

baldshin wrote: »
    When you say a low level, how low are we talking!?

Well there's Premier to Division 4(which in itself is pretty low, mainly B teams) and then there's the reserve league. Some clubs have fairly old fellas playing, clubs with Hibs and Devon would have fairly good reserve as they've only one A in a high division.

The reserve is basically for anyone in a squad not getting a game, if you have an A and B team, players need to be registered to one team and you can only regrade from B to A. So lads on the bench for the As couldn't play for the Bs or vice versa.
    With reserve your one squad can be combined to play in either league, so you'd have B level type subs starting reserve. Its just to get everyone a game, so the level isn't top notch.

In our case, Both A and Reserve play Sat at 2, so we need two separate squads and I've only maybe 4/5 lads from training I could rely on as the rest are on the fringes of the A.
    Need bodies, so skill-level comes second, it's important we can field a team. Can almost guarantee anyone that plays this weekend a regular game. Results arent important.

Advertisement