Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WOKAROUND: get GTA V for 20 euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Turtle_Tommy

pepsi45 wrote: »
    on the website it says with wheel,did you have the wheel with them?

The wheel is with the Wii version. I had the DS version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

It does say down the bottom of the list though:

Applies to purchase of standard edition only. No trade. No multiples. No dealers. Trade-ins are subject to Manager approval. No cash alternative.
    Trade-ins must be in full working condition to receive full value. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or sale.

Also, can you trade in games from multiple platforms? As in 1 WII game and 1 PS3 game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Col200sx wrote: »
    It does say down the bottom of the list though:

Applies to purchase of standard edition only. No trade. No multiples. No dealers. Trade-ins are subject to Manager approval. No cash alternative.
    Trade-ins must be in full working condition to receive full value. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or sale.

Also, can you trade in games from multiple platforms? As in 1 WII game and 1 PS3 game?

Yes as long as it's on the list. You can trade in GTA 4 on Xbox and GTA 4 on PS3 is you so wish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Got liberty city stories for €10 and saints row 3 for 15€ in xtravision so got it for 35€ in total, thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Kevin! wrote: »
    Got liberty city stories for €10 and saints row 3 for 15€ in xtravision so got it for 35€ in total, thanks op

I'm glad someone got something out of my advice :) Shame there was not gta4's on the cheap, I must have gotten lucky there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

What are peoples preference when in comes to GTA V,

PS3 / xbox I have both machines. are they both pretty much the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I'm glad someone got something out of my advice :) Shame there was not gta4's on the cheap, I must have gotten lucky there.

I think you did do well there... been to a couple of xtravisions over the weekend and GTA4 is €20 in each. I checked a few other games on the trade in list and they were all €20+. So im going to leave this bargain go as its looking doubtful on this working for me.

Think you found one of the xtravision stores that may be closing hence why the cheap prices they were selling for.

Out of curiosity, what xtravision store was it... it might help out some other boardies near it to pick up the same deal as you at that store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

spongbob wrote: »
    What are peoples preference when in comes to GTA V,

PS3 / xbox I have both machines. are they both pretty much the same?

Pretty much,

I have both also and opted for the PS3 version...

After a few days I watched a comparison video and I think the PS3 looks a little more washed out...

Its barely noticeable though in my opinion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRzac3XrTdM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This video below the PS3 looks better, its hard to tell tbh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CqsLlCk0I0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Sorry do you need the manuals with the game ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭javagal

I have gta4 on xbox and riptide to trade. but the baby has scratched the gta disc. Will they not accept it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

javagal wrote: »
    I have gta4 on xbox and riptide to trade. but the baby has scratched the gta disc. Will they not accept it

Depends on how bad the scratches are. There's one way of finding out :P
    Bring it in and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Anyone know the full list of new games available on the offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

kessler182 wrote: »

Not sure of the full list but as far as I know, GTA V, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Battlefield 4 and FIFA '14 are included.

Traded in dead island riptide and Zelda in the end.
    delighted

Traded in dead island riptide and Zelda in the end.
    delighted

Did they say anything about the scratches ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

jamescd wrote: »
    Did they say anything about the scratches ?

I don't think the scratches would make much difference, would they? As long as they weren't big deep things.

I did some work in a duplication centre a few years ago, and they had a machine for removing scratches. I don't know what it was called, like a printer sized one of these - http://www.ebay.com/bhp/dvd-scratch-repair-machine

Surely gamestop would have one?

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't think the scratches would make much difference, would they? As long as they weren't big deep things.

I did some work in a duplication centre a few years ago, and they had a machine for removing scratches. I don't know what it was called, like a printer sized one of these - http://www.ebay.com/bhp/dvd-scratch-repair-machine

Surely gamestop would have one?

GAME had them. It cost about a fiver per disc. Had my laser burned disc done. Not sure about Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Smyths have one.

GAME had them. It cost about a fiver per disc. Had my laser burned disc done. Not sure about Gamestop
    Luap wrote: »
    Smyths have one.

So, if you traded in a game with scratches, surely they could remove them, themselves.

I traded another game instead of the scratched one!

• Advertisement

I decided to stop by the local Xtravision anway for a quick look and found this beauty at the very front of the stand.

10ql0n8.jpg

Whipped out the phone and checked if it's on the list and it is :D

14ifnyb.jpg

GTA 4 + 15 quid for GTA V, not bad at all :cool: Gonna pop over to Gamestop in a bit.

I've bought Sleeping Dogs (PS3) on ebay which I don't need anymore. I should get it in a few days. If anyone wants that, just fire a PM. I'll let it go for a tenner

I was just having a quick look to see if CEX had any games.

Look at this: from HERE

Grand Theft Auto V (5) *2 Disc*
    CeX stores sell: 75.00
    CeX stores buy for cash: €55.00
    CeX Stores give exchange value: €60.00

So, buy it for €20 or whatever, and sell it for €55, or get Exchange Value for €60.
    Potential to make a bit of cash... :)

*For example, you could buy Fist of the North Star and Battleship @ €15 each.
    -> Gamestop + €10 = GTA V.
    -> Back to CEX, GTA V = €55.

€15 Profit. Repeat (Possibly with other games). :D

*I have no intention of doing this, but there is potentially cash to be made, legally, easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Shame there's none in Cork..

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

I decided to stop by the local Xtravision anway for a quick look and found this beauty at the very front of the stand.

10ql0n8.jpg

Whipped out the phone and checked if it's on the list and it is :D

14ifnyb.jpg

GTA 4 + 15 quid for GTA V, not bad at all :cool: Gonna pop over to Gamestop in a bit.

I've bought Sleeping Dogs (PS3) on ebay which I don't need anymore. I should get it in a few days. If anyone wants that, just fire a PM. I'll let it go for a tenner

Good to see the exploit is working :D

Good to see the exploit is working biggrin.png

Gamestop Tallaght ran out of copies though frown.png

Have to go into town tomorrow so I'll try the shops there

kessler182 wrote: »
    DaLad wrote: »
    Not sure of the full list but as far as I know, GTA V, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Battlefield 4 and FIFA '14 are included.

Add to that Diablo III, NHL 14, COD: Ghosts, Destiny and Arkham Origins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Going to See if i can do this for NHL and Fifa 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

*For example, you could buy Fist of the North Star and Battleship @ €15 each.
    -> Gamestop + €10 = GTA V.
    -> Back to CEX, GTA V = €55.

€15 Profit. Repeat (Possibly with other games). :D

*I have no intention of doing this, but there is potentially cash to be made, legally, easily.

To be honest, Gamestop have been a lot stricter on this deal. I remember about 3 years ago you were able to get newish games for €2 for trading in ANY game. I was going in with games worth no more than a fiver, paying the €2 and coming out with a game worth €30/40 :D
    I also got infamous 2 on release week for a total cost of about €20.

Although GTA V might be worth €60 to us but only costing us €40 and like you lined above, gamestop take in €10 cash + say €15 for each of the games we traded in. (and that's forgetting about the clowns who pay the €3 for the disc protection :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

What games can be got for €15 each?

A few on the CEX website. I only looked at xbox360 games, but there are tons on the list for other platforms, that may be even cheaper.

The two mentioned above (Fist of the North Star and Battleship) are both €15 in CEX and on the list for Gamestop.

A few on the CEX website. I only looked at xbox360 games, but there are tons on the list for other platforms, that may be even cheaper.

The two mentioned above (Fist of the North Star and Battleship) are both €15 in CEX and on the list for Gamestop.

There's no need to buy online or any other store. While I was in Gamestop earlier I saw several games on sale at 2 for €30. I only had a quickly look but I saw Episodes from Liberty City and Red Dead Redemption in there which are on the list. Why pay the full price of €60 when you can just buy 2 games on the list for €30 and then trade them in + a tenner for GTA V. Gamestop shooting themselves in the foot big time :eek:

• Advertisement

There's no need to buy online or any other store. While I was in Gamestop earlier I saw several games on sale at 2 for €30. I only had a quickly look but I saw Episodes from Liberty City and Red Dead Redemption in there which are on the list. Why pay the full price of €60 when you can just buy 2 games on the list for €30 and then trade them in + a tenner for GTA V. Gamestop shooting themselves in the foot big time :eek:

I'd say they could easily sell it for €40 making a profit (it'll be that price in a month.). Don't forget, they probably bought those games (red dead etc.) for feck all, or had them as a trade in for another game.

Also, they priced the list, and the sell value of the games on the shelves. They'd be well aware of it, it's up to the customer to notice it. It's no different then coupon codes, or €5 off vouchers etc...

The €5 games in Xtravision just means that the customer may get a better bargain, but they'll still make money selling them.

Like a bookies, they have people working it all out behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I've Red Dead Redemption and GTA 4 for Xbox.Can I bring them to Gamestop and get GTA5 for €10??

toby2111 wrote: »
    I've Red Dead Redemption and GTA 4 for Xbox.Can I bring them to Gamestop and get GTA5 for €10??

Last time I looked Red Dead for xbox isn't on the list, only the PS3 version. No harm in trying I suppose though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Thanks for this - Found GTA IV and GTA liberty cities lying around - €9.99 for the new GTA :)

Last time I looked Red Dead for xbox isn't on the list, only the PS3 version. No harm in trying I suppose though
    Strange that they'll take PS 3 version but not xbox 360 version. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see if they'll accept it.

Just picked up Battleship in Xtravision for €15 and traded that and my GTA IV. Thanks for the heads up OP

So, if you traded in a game with scratches, surely they could remove them, themselves.

Can confirm that they do refuse scratched discs, the Henry Street store one at least. They wouldn't accept UFC Personal Trainer because it's too badly scratched up according to them.

So I took back my games and walked over to the Liffey Street store. Guy serving me checked the disk and accepted it no bother. So really it depends on the store or whoever's serving you. If you get refused in one store, just try your luck at another.

Just swapped GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption for GTA5 plus €9.99!!Thanks OP!

toby2111 wrote: »
    Just swapped GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption for GTA5 plus €9.99!!Thanks OP!

They took Red Dead for the Xbox ? I got one lying around the house somewhere

• Advertisement

They took Red Dead for the Xbox ? I got one lying around the house somewhere

Yep,took it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 panman

Looks like the gamestop tradelist has changed now (the search doesn't work either). I was gonna pop into them this evening with GTA4 and Battleship but both aren't on the list anymore. :(

http://www.gamestop.ie/TradeList

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Feckless Rogue

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

bought 3 games last night, both have disappeared off the list :(

edit: i.e. two of the same and one of another

Good thing I did the trade in yesterday then :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Went to my local Xtravision to see if I can pick up something cheap from the list,worst selection of pre-owned games in ages plus the pricing is crazy.

panman wrote: »
    Looks like the gamestop tradelist has changed now (the search doesn't work either). I was gonna pop into them this evening with GTA4 and Battleship but both aren't on the list anymore. :(

Good thing I did the trade in yesterday then :eek:

Lucky I did it yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

New list.... Balls.
    Bought games yesterday but ive to wait until Saturday for the game to come in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Is this the new list?

bigron2109 wrote: »

Yes sir, yes it is.

Glad to see they've put them in order of console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭degzs

panman wrote: »

How did you get on with trading the games? I bought a load of games on ebay and none of them are on the list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 panman

degzs wrote: »
    How did you get on with trading the games? I bought a load of games on ebay and none of them are on the list now.

I didn't go down in the end. Thought it would be a wasted trip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement