Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WOKAROUND: get GTA V for 20 euro

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I thought it looked different alright yesterday when I was looking at it in XtraVision..

Also my local XtraVision has a terrible, terrible second hand library..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is gta 4 still on list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Nope! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Is gta 4 still on list?
    Doodlebug wrote: »
    Nope! :(

But Grand Theft Auto V is..?
    You can also try CEX and Gamesnash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Balls alright, missed the boat there. just drove to gamestop ready to part with€65 it was closed. Think I will shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Dude in my local game stop said they have a pile of gta 4s now and not a clue what to do with them all !

I have the last of us and was able to find another game on the list for 30 quid, so I was still able to get a decent enough discount. Not sure if I had just traded in the last of us if I would have gotten more though in hindsight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

What would be the cheapest Games on The new list to try pick up second hand to trade against the New FIFA or other Games.

Probably the casual stupid games..

Training, dance, simulation games, etc.

At a guess, I honestly don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

bigron2109 wrote: »
    What would be the cheapest Games on The new list to try pick up second hand to trade against the New FIFA or other Games.

do your own searching. posting the cheap titles here won't help anyone. You can be sure gamestop are reading this thread

do your own searching. posting the cheap titles here won't help anyone. You can be sure gamestop are reading this thread
    Very Helpful. Cheers

I don't think they will change their list straight away again, because of a few of us are taking about which games are the cheapest to trade in.

• Advertisement

Danger781 wrote: »
    Probably the casual stupid games..

Training, dance, simulation games, etc.

Cheers i found one or two on amazon for about €5 second hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

UFC Personal Trainer is still in there, got it for a fiver in Xtravision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Pretty huge number of games on the new list aren't even out yet, dunno how that's supposed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carrollreid

FYI.
    Picked up GTA V for 9.99 in GameStop Blanchardstown yesterday, trading in Red Dead Redemption & GTA IV. They we're both on the "list", despite not being on the list published in this thread earlier.

FYI.
    Picked up GTA V for 9.99 in GameStop Blanchardstown yesterday, trading in Red Dead Redemption & GTA IV. They we're both on the "list", despite not being on the list published in this thread earlier.

Cheers. I'll try later and report back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Thanks to the op picked up GTAv total cost €28.

Cheers. I'll try later and report back

was in earlier, I can confirm that the old list is still in effect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

How is the old list still good.i went to gamestop and they handed me the new list and said any trade in had to be on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    How is the old list still good.i went to gamestop and they handed me the new list and said any trade in had to be on it
    from what gamestop has said on facebook the old list is still valid till the end on today(monday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I was in CEX store yesterday on Liffey Street trading off few bits. I hadn't the patience yesterday to look through all their games but will pop down from work during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

johnf26 wrote: »
    from what gamestop has said on facebook the old list is still valid till the end on today(monday)

Got a link to what they said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Found a couple of games on the list for sale locally on Donedeal,my local Xtravision seem to have cut down on the stock of preplayed games and many that are on the list are too expensive.

I assume I can bring in Wii or Ds games & trade them against PS3 titles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Got a link to what they said?

Capture-1.png

I was also worrying about this. Gave my nephew my copy of GTAV and he gave me 2 of the games on the trade in list and €10 so I thought I had done myself out of the game lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

DaLad wrote: »
    Capture-1.png
    I was also worrying about this. Gave my nephew my copy of GTAV and he gave me 2 of the games on the trade in list and €10 so I thought I had done myself out of the game lol.
    :confused:
    Went into GameStop in the Crescent SC in Limerick. Was offered the grand total of 15 quid off RRP for trading in Bioshock Infinite & Red Dead Redemption GoTY edition.

I left it. I'll just wait a few weeks for it to drop in price, same as some others have mentioned here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Doodlebug wrote: »
    I'll just wait a few weeks for it to drop in price, same as some others have mentioned here.

Yep... exactly what im going to do too.

I think this BA has turned into a dead duck.

Be honest now... besides the OP has anyone on here been able to avail of GTA V for €20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Access wrote: »
    Yep... exactly what im going to do too.

I think this BA has turned into a dead duck.

Be honest now... besides the OP has anyone on here been able to avail of GTA V for €20?

I did yeah................

Got UFC Personal Trainer for a fiver and still had my copy of GTA 4. So I got GTA 5 for €15 + GTA 4

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Feckless Rogue

I got it for €28; would have been €22 except they wouldn't accept multiples

Still better than half price - thanks OP!

Every+reason+I+m+not+having+children+in+one+post...thanks+OP+_40eb0ced197bbe14a1c8ec661509e4f2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just traded in two games from the old list in tallaght and got fifa 14 for €9.99! Thanks op

Do ye think the list will change again this month? I would like to try and get Battlefield 4 at the end of the month with this offer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

See if they left you trade in advance, they sometimes do.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 panman

Headed down to Henry St branch this evening and was able to trade from the old list but they didn't have GTA5 in stock so went for FIFA14 instead. Anyone want to swap GTA5 for FIFA14? :)

Do ye think the list will change again this month? I would like to try and get Battlefield 4 at the end of the month with this offer..

considering some of the titles on the list aren't even out yet, unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

is the new list on the gamestop website? Cant find it or the old one

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

http://www.gamestop.ie/TradeList

old list is gone and no use now

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sh7289

Bumping this thread to thank the OP. I bought two used games off Amazon last week; UFC Ultimate Trainer for PS3 and Mario Party DS. Both ended up costing less than 15 euro, with no box coming with the Mario Party game. Walked into Gamestop yesterday evening and got GTA V for 9.99. Thanks again.

I have a copy of Dead or Alive 5 on the 360 if anyone is interested.

It is on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

I have super mario galaxy 2 and new super mario bros for the wii. Will they take both of these Wii games for GTA on PS3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

garlad wrote: »
    I have super mario galaxy 2 and new super mario bros for the wii. Will they take both of these Wii games for GTA on PS3?

They should. The platform you trade in has no bearing on the platform you buy with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

garlad wrote: »

If I remember correctly those games are probably worth €20+ for a trade in! They are very easy to sell on and can be sole for a high enough price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

I see Zumba 2 (Wii) is on the list. Do you have to hand in the belt that comes with it, or is the disc enough?

Advertisement