Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chipper in D 7/Stoneybatter

Options
  • 20-09-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Emphasis on best/freshest chips !!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Sorrento's chips are amazing. They take forever but well worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Technically not Dublin 7 but just across the Liffey, The Fryery on Usher's Quay does a great bag of jockeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Manor Take Away is brilliant, a little expensive but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Pedro's on Oxmantown Road is top notch fresh fish & chips, snack boxes, etc. You always have to wait, which, is a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I still have to come across better chips in Dublin than in Fusciardis on Marlborough St, D1. Only thing they are 2.60 for a bag and he is tight with the portions. In fairness most Italian chippers have decent enough chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Ill second sorrentos. Best chips by far and they usually have the days papers to read while you wait. Manor take away is not bad either. Avoid olivios on manor street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Pedro's on Oxmantown Road is top notch fresh fish & chips, snack boxes, etc. You always have to wait, which, is a good sign.

Do you mean Bruno's? I live quite close to it and I rather the extra walk to the Manor take away.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Where is Sorrento's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Just off manor street, up arbour hill. From manor street turn up the street where the belfry pub is, opposite centra on the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Technically not Dublin 7 but just across the Liffey, The Fryery on Usher's Quay does a great bag of jockeys

Plus one great chips, great fish, they batter their own and it's cheap as well! Go there the whole time now. It's right beside the petrol station

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Clive wrote: »
    Do you mean Bruno's? I live quite close to it and I rather the extra walk to the Manor take away.

Some people call him Pedro and the chipper Pedros', which is funny because as you know his name is Bruno.. He's been a mate of mine for almost 30 years and I'd rather go to The Manor Takeaway too!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Clive wrote: »

He does... i remember going in there as a kid on a saturday night. ..and that wasnt yesterday.

Went down hill with all the little gurriers going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

He does... i remember going in there as a kid on a saturday night. ..and that wasnt yesterday.

Went down hill with all the little gurriers going in.

went there recently and the little feckers hardly let me through the door.
    Shame because I'm sure other people would be put off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

sweetie wrote: »
    went there recently and the little feckers hardly let me through the door.
    Shame because I'm sure other people would be put off too.

Those little feckers are annoying but I've never seen them be anything other than typical annoying young lads.

Oh wait.... I see the problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Manor takeaway. Best chips and double burger ever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Fish Bar Cabra Road
    Manor Take away is manky
    Oliveos is the son of Manor Take away but can't comment as never eaten there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Roccas in Cabra do a serious fish and chips

Advertisement