Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ios7 & messages

• 20-09-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I installed this software update yesterday & find it generally ok. Phone has a new look without shelling out for it. My gripe today is with editing messages. The only option they give you is to delete the whole conversation. I don't want to see every message I ever sent but would like to keep some special ones that are very sentimental and I can't find a way to do this. Am I missing something or is that one of the changes Apple made?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

hmaryfitz wrote: »
    I installed this software update yesterday & find it generally ok. Phone has a new look without shelling out for it. My gripe today is with editing messages. The only option they give you is to delete the whole conversation. I don't want to see every message I ever sent but would like to keep some special ones that are very sentimental and I can't find a way to do this. Am I missing something or is that one of the changes Apple made?

Hold you finger on the message an option will show just click more then you can delete what messages you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

How about the option to forward a rec'd message.....can't see how to do that now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

1966 wrote: »
    How about the option to forward a rec'd message.....can't see how to do that now?

Copy and paste it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hmaryfitz

Thank you so much for the help for this problem. I had tried pressing on the message but obviously not long enough. I've now cleared out the rubbish & kept what I wanted. Brilliant. I'm a technophobe, no doubt about it. Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

1966 wrote: »
    yOu can either hold your finger on the message bubble or tap it twice. Both methods bring up the choice of Copy, More & Speak. Tap 'More' & the forward to arrow will appear on the bottom right of your screen, though as mentioned above you could just copy & paste.

• Advertisement
Advertisement