Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinie Tempah - O2 Dublin - December 4th

Options
  • 20-09-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

One of the most innovative, credible, charming and authentic artists Tinie Tempah has announced that he will be hitting the road this December in support of his highly anticipated new album Demonstration.

The tour will be visiting arenas in Ireland and up and down the UK starting in Aberdeen on the 2nd December, visiting Dublin, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Glasgow, Newcastle, Liverpool, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Birmingham and ending on the 18th December at London’s O2 Arena.

Tickets priced €36.00 incl. booking fee for Tinie Tempah’s Arena Tour are on sale now from Ticketmaster outlets and online at www.ticketmaster.ie

Tinie Tempah’s second album Demonstration will be released by Parlophone on November 4th.Like his multi-platinum selling debut Disc-Overy, Tinie has once again delivered an innovative, bold, surprising, pioneering piece of work, inhabited by a sense of musical adventure and an eclectic array of collaborators.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭redtapestyl

They say hello they say ola and they say bonjour!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

€36 is pretty cheap for him imo. I went to The Script gig in the Aviva a few years ago just to see Tinie Tempah and he was unbelievable. Definitely going to this. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

dobman88 wrote: »
    €36 is pretty cheap for him imo. I went to The Script gig in the Aviva a few years ago just to see Tinie Tempah and he was unbelievable. Definitely going to this. Thanks OP

I saw him two or three years ago in the The Academy and it was easily one of the best gigs I've been to in my life. The small venue was so intimate and the place was bouncing, I hope he can bring that kind of an atmosphere to The O2!

Yeah seeing him in the Aviva was my favourite gig, even though the Script headlined which is kinda strange now when I think about it.

Anyway, it was my favourite gig until I went to Slane this year and Eminem blew every other gig away. I tried my heart and soul to get to that Academy gig a few years back but work kicked me in the face then, must have been crazy seeing him so close. Luckily I have a bit more freedom with the job I'm in now. I did get a "high 5" and a "whats up bro" in the Aviva though, which was pretty cool. We were right next to the backstage entrance.

And is December the 4th a Wednesday?? I mean is the date right in the thread title?

And is December the 4th a Wednesday?? I mean is the date right in the thread title?

Yeh it's on a Wednesday night (Dec 4th), should be great!

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Yeh it's on a Wednesday night (Dec 4th), should be great!

That's even better, easier to get midweek off work than weekends, (work in a hotel). It will hardly sell out will it? Should be ok to buy tickets in a few weeks time?

That's even better, easier to get midweek off work than weekends, (work in a hotel). It will hardly sell out will it? Should be ok to buy tickets in a few weeks time?

I can't imagine it will sell out, it's a big jump from The Academy to the O2 and his new album is only out 4 weeks before the gig.

Still at €36 it's not the most expensive for a ticket, so if you can afford it now you're probably better off guaranteeing your ticket.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

NUTZZ wrote: »
    I can't imagine it will sell out, it's a big jump from The Academy to the O2 and his new album is only out 4 weeks before the gig.

Still at €36 it's not the most expensive for a ticket, so if you can afford it now you're probably better off guaranteeing your ticket.

Id say he will get an "Example" sized crowd , top tiered seating covered and as people have said tickets are cheap aswell which helps .

Another new track released from his upcoming album;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Id like to go to this, but I tend to avoid urban artists due to the crowd they tend to attract

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Id like to go to this, but I tend to avoid urban artists due to the crowd they tend to attract

Normally I'd agree with you, but I've seen him twice in Ireland now and he doesn't seem to attract the type of crowd you'd usually associate with the likes of Eminem or Kanye West.

Hoping it's the same this time around!

The tour has now been rescheduled and Tinie Tempah will play in Dublin on April 9th 2014;
    Tinie Tempah delays tour

Tinie Tempah has postponed his UK and Ireland tour until next year.
    The 'Trampoline' rapper was due to start gigging in December, but hasn't had enough time to rehearse after a hectic schedule promoting his second album 'Demonstration'.
    He wrote on Twitter: ''Guys, I only think it's right to tell you that after delivering 'Demonstration' and working flat out trying to make an album you guys would be proud of, I feel I haven't had enough time to prepare for the December tour to make it the best it can be.
    ''So myself and management have decided to postpone it until April so I have enough time to rehearse all the new songs and make this tour even better than the last one.
    ''Apologies to everyone who was looking forward to it. April will be amazing ... I promise. See you then!''
    The changes to the tour also include the cancellation of a his dates in Aberdeen, Glasgow, Leeds and Newcastle.
    The Birmingham show will now be over two nights at the Wolverhampton Civic Hall, with the Manchester gig over two nights at O2 Apollo. A new date has been added in Brighton.
    The star, whose latest album is at number three in the charts, also tweeted: ''Scotland crew I have something massive for you in the summer too!''
    Although many fans were supportive of the tour being postponed, others were upset.
    One fan tweeted: ''Gutted @TinieTempah has postponed the tour and I might not be able to go.''

Tinie Tempah UK tour dates 2014:
    Mar 25 - Wolverhampton - Civic Hall
    Mar 26 - Wolverhampton - Civic Hall
    Mar 28 - Manchester - 02 Apollo
    Mar 29 - Manchester - 02 Apollo
    Mar 30 - London - The 02
    Mar 31 - Brighton - Centre
    Apr 02 - Nottingham - Capital FM Arena
    Apr 04 - Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena
    Apr 06 - Bournemouth - BIC
    Apr 07 - Liverpool - Echo Arena
    Apr 09 - Dublin - The 02

Tinie's 'going crazy' as he can't wait for Dublin gig

TINIE Tempah may well have been a force to be reckoned with on the Gaelic football field – if perhaps he hadn't excelled as a rap superstar.

The Londoner is in top form as he prepares to kick-start an arena tour that was originally scheduled for December. And the 25-year-old rapper has several links to Ireland – not least his birth name Patrick. But I wonder how I should address Tinie Tempah in this interview?
    Should I call him Tinie (a pseudonym he adopted when he was a teenager), Patrick or Mr T, perhaps?

"Tinie's perfect, man," says the remarkably stylish rapper, as we exchange pleasantries. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    INTEREST

When he was 13, young Patrick declared to his friends on the playground (after flipping through the pages of a thesaurus) that, from thereon out, he would answer only to the name of Tinie Tempah.

I wonder if that's what they called him on the football pitch. We're talking GAA here, not soccer.

"Yeah, Gaelic football," remembers Tinie. "I had an Irish PE teacher called Mr McCann and so it was part of the curriculum for a little while. I don't really remember all the rules, but I was alright at it. "

Perhaps his famous Irish friends, The Script, can re-introduce him to the game. There's even talk of a studio collaboration between them.

"Whenever we meet each other, that's always the conversation," says Tinie. "I'm a huge fan of The Script, I love what they do. I love their musicality. I love the fact that they even have a little bit of an urban spirit as well, but it's just when the timing's right.

Full interview

**Stage Time for Tinie Tempah** 9th April 2014

18:30 – Doors
    19:30 to 20:00 K & K
    20:00 to 20:30 – DJ Charlesy
    20:45 – Tinie Tempah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I saw two people who been refused entry on the luas last night. Good God, the youth (possibly two years younger than me) of today!

Again he was very impressive, he knows how to put on show!

53175286c03a11e397e20002c9df6c3c_8.jpg
    DUBLIN! You were everything I hoped you would be and sooo much more.. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better you guys were the best show yet!! So good I had to put up two pictures! Last time I was in this venue I was supporting @badgalriri and now look!!! Thank you to everyone who came out to see the show.. Time to paint the Dublin City Red!!!

10175134_1461180697450266_439071362_n.jpg

Advertisement