Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Lamp Post Lights

Options
  • 20-09-2013 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Guys, I am installing pillar lights in garden and want to lay cable for future sparks as I am digging the ground at moment.
    I will put down swa cable of same type coming from house to power lights.
    In terms of leaving correct cable runs for electrician I assume I bring power cable from house to first light and then I run a second swa cable from 1st light fitting to 2nd fitting and then a cable from 2nd light fitting to 3rd light fitting and so on?
    Dumb question I know. Just want to make sure as I don't fancy digging up ground again to lay correct cable runs.......
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Philip82

Yep your spot on, dont cut the cable if can help it, just leave a loop over the ground where the light is going, that way if you decide to move the position or add a light you can readjust the cable to suit.

Advertisement