Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My site - what do you think?

Options
  • 20-09-2013 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi

Can I get some feedback on my personal blog site please

http://www.mochammo.com/

Cheers

Barry

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Here's what just happened when I clicked on the link to your site.

Banner Ad for duda mobile caught my eye, clicked on that to see what duda mobile is.
    Back to your page.
    Hubspot academy, what's that. Click. Interesting, bookmark for later.
    DMI, bing Ads acredited, Google Analytics Qualified, Adwords qualified. There's no way they're all outbound links? Click, click, click, click. Yup, all of them.
    Twitter feed, Ryanair are on Twitter now, no way. Click.

I'll try and take a look at some of your content after dinner.

Short version, all that effort on your site and the first thing you do is encourage me to go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭millymash12

Cheers, Graham.

I made a few changes to the site to point some of the links from the header and sidebar to internal content.

see this page http://www.mochammo.com/must-watch-documentaries-about-marketing-media-and-everything-inbetween/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

As an inner content page I think it works well.

If someone has found themselves on one of those pages, it's probably because the subject matter has already sparked their interest and they want to read further. The addition of the recent posts to the sidebar may encourage people to stick around and read more.

I think the main problem with the homepage was/is the strongest/boldest parts of the page lead away from your site/content. The irony is, the biggest, boldest outbound link is the Inbound Marketing Certification.

Advertisement