Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reactivate Telephone line

Options
  • 20-09-2013 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have UPC at the moment, I am looking to move to Sky Broadband but when I rang they said the line wasn't up on the system and to ring Eircom. I rang and they found my line, then mentioned I would need an engineer to get the line installed? the line is already in place and never taken out. I live in Dublin.

Also because I am getting it reactivated I then have to pay 25.78 per month for 12 months to Eircom? I tried to confirm with the "sales rep" and they couldn't answer anything. Just I needed to pay 25.78 because an engineer had to come onsite??? Can you confirm when the line is in place and just hasnt been used in a year or 2 why an engineer has to come to install?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi

I have UPC at the moment, I am looking to move to Sky Broadband but when I rang they said the line wasn't up on the system and to ring Eircom. I rang and they found my line, then mentioned I would need an engineer to get the line installed? the line is already in place and never taken out. I live in Dublin.

Also because I am getting it reactivated I then have to pay 25.78 per month for 12 months to Eircom? I tried to confirm with the "sales rep" and they couldn't answer anything. Just I needed to pay 25.78 because an engineer had to come onsite??? Can you confirm when the line is in place and just hasnt been used in a year or 2 why an engineer has to come to install?

Hi Big Nelly,

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey  

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Had the same issue recently. Vodafone sorted me out for free. Their package is the best on the market. €32 a month for standalone (including fibre if its available) unlimited broadband. Give them a shout n they'll fix you up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hi

Hi Big Nelly,

Thanks

Tracey  
    Hi Tracey

Thanks, I sent a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi

Hi Big Nelly,

Thanks

Tracey  
    Hi Tracey

Thanks, I sent a PM

Thanks, I will check this and come back to you through PM's.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

If you are getting your line re activated and you want to keep your old number, make sure you tell them that at the very beginning. My father got his eircom line re connected and forgot to tell them.It took 3 months for them to sort it out. They put his new number on one exchange and his old number was on a different exchange. It was a nightmare trying to get it sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

pajopearl wrote: »
    Had the same issue recently. Vodafone sorted me out for free. Their package is the best on the market. €32 a month for standalone (including fibre if its available) unlimited broadband. Give them a shout n they'll fix you up.
    If you go with Vodafone do they activate your landline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

If you go with Vodafone do they activate your landline?

Yes. They do. My line had been inactive almost 3 yrs and in my experience from moving house so much in my 20's, a line that's been inactive over 2 yrs has to undergo full reconnection. Doesn't require an engineer or anything. Only got my line reactivated with Vodafone last week and they sorted it out straight away. Had the modem a week later and it was all set up ready to go.

Advertisement