Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Grief!

Options
  • 20-09-2013 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

So.....didn't get near GAME and need GTA tomorrow. Left it too late and have sore feet from traipsing highways and byeways.....
    Does anyone know where I could pick up a copy?

(The words 'snowball' and 'hell' spring to mind!!!:D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

If nowhere else, try Tesco's (Douglas). A friend chanced his arm walking in on launch day and picked one up no problem. There weren't any on display, but when he asked they fetched them from stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Someone said yesterday gamestop on Patrick st had loads behind the counter the other day.

Ring first anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Not from Cork myself but yeah Tesco if they have it, cheapest place as far as I know, €54.99. Also, Argos have over 5 left in each of their 3 stores in Cork according to their online stock checker, second cheapest place as far as I know at €57.49. Best of luck & enjoy :)

Btw, Gamestop is most expensive at €65 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

GAME? Well that has been gone quite a bit!:P

There is Gamestop on Patrick Street opposite the old HMV.
    Smyths
    Tesco Paul street and Tesco Wilton
    Gamestop Douglas
    Gamestop Blackpool
    Any extra-visions that are still open
    Argos Old castle and argos in Blackpool

Or Amazon online too.

Not sure about availability, best bet is to ring!

Oh, and if you manage to get your hands on a copy:

We'll miss you Missyelliot2. See you in a few months time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Thanks a mil y'all.

Seems there's lots left for the XBox, but none of the PS3 version (naturally, this is what I am after)

BTW......my gaming skills haven't progressed since Pacman - this was 'supposed' to be a present (voucher and humble pie!!)

Thanks a mil y'all.

Seems there's lots left for the XBox, but none of the PS3 version (naturally, this is what I am after)

BTW......my gaming skills haven't progressed since Pacman - this was 'supposed' to be a present (voucher and humble pie!!)

My bad, that never even occurred to me that it could be PS3 version you were looking for, being an Xbox man myself lol :P

Thanks a mil y'all.

It was the PS3 version my friend picked up in Douglas yesterday. If you try there, remember to ask at the counter, it might not be on display.

who_me wrote: »
    It was the PS3 version my friend picked up in Douglas yesterday. If you try there, remember to ask at the counter, it might not be on display.

Thank a mil....tried the counter. No joy :(
    Tried Mahon point and Argos and Smyths.

If anyone sees a sniff of it on PS3.....would be eternally grateful (I have until 5pm tomorrow, before my name is mud!!)

Thanks again

Thank a mil....tried the counter. No joy :(
    Tried Mahon point and Argos and Smyths.

If anyone sees a sniff of it on PS3.....would be eternally grateful (I have until 5pm tomorrow, before my name is mud!!)

Thanks again

Did you try Gamestop, (assuming there's 1 there)

Also, as a last resort, you can download it from PSN :/ €69.99

GTA V Digital Download

• Advertisement

DaLad wrote: »
    Did you try Gamestop, (assuming there's 1 there)

Also, as a last resort, you can download it from PSN :/ €69.99

GTA V Digital Download

Thanks DaLad! Tried GameStop, but no luck!
    I haven't enough space on my computer for download -it's as ancient as me!

Thank you all folks for the advice on a Friday!:D

Thanks DaLad! Tried GameStop, but no luck!
    I haven't enough space on my computer for download -it's as ancient as me!

Thank you all folks for the advice on a Friday!:D

You download it through PSN on the PS4 not through your PC :P but I'll assume you haven't enough space on that either :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Harvey Norman?

Found one! Smyths in the Kinsale Rd have them,- delivery this am - if anyone else needs a copy.
    A huge thank you folks for all the replies - am very grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Found one! Smyths in the Kinsale Rd have them,- delivery this am - if anyone else needs a copy.
    A huge thank you folks for all the replies - am very grateful

Gamestop on patricks st have them in xbox and ps as off 10mins ago...grabbed one..big enough que too..none in tesco, argos and smyths city center...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hochspitch

Does anyone know of anywhere which has them in now on PS3? I've had no luck so far but some places said they were getting them in this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

hochspitch wrote: »
    Does anyone know of anywhere which has them in now on PS3? I've had no luck so far but some places said they were getting them in this week.

Midleton gamestop have them anyway most places should tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

They had loads in Gamestop in Wilton today. :)

Advertisement