Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Music Practicals

Options
  • 20-09-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Just wondering what are you better off doing for the JC music practicals. I`ll be doing two singing and two playing either on flute or tin whistle so was wondering am I better off going solo or as a group?

It`s less pressure as a group but if other people are worse than me will I lose marks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CiCi123

If your in a group and the other preson messes up they will loose marks but you won't if you play/sing right! I am doing my music practical this year aswell and I'm doing it on my own because I would personally find it easier:)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

If you do it in a group or do it solo it doesn't make a difference to way it is marked. I did Music last year and the benefit to doing it in a group is it can make you sound better usually. The examiner is specifically listening to your part in it so it doesn't really matter if others mess up, even for them as its not their practical so they aren't marked. However, if you are going to do it in a group, make sure you practise with them before the actual day as you want to be familiar with the other group members

Advertisement