Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N18 roadworks

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Was fine on the way in at 8.15 this morning, no hold up at all really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

funstuff wrote: »
    Some joke - If it was planned better there would be minimal holdups - Clueless bunch - Picked a great time of year to start

How do you propose they close 1 whole side of a dual carriageway without creating massive traffic disruption? Because that's what's happening. As for the timing, well is there really any good time of the year to do something like this?

How do you propose they close 1 whole side of a dual carriageway without creating massive traffic disruption? Because that's what's happening. As for the timing, well is there really any good time of the year to do something like this?

During the summer when the schools were off, people were away on holidays thus less traffic, and weather was much better would have been when they should have done it.

Its not so bad this week but imagine in a few weeks time when its dark in the mornings and evening, pissing rain or worse still icy roads. It'll be a serious nightmare then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As of 1:25pm traffic is grand on both approaches to it and there's more work going on, at least at Bunratty with more machines. Look like they are building a crossing to make contra flows first before the actual road works occur.

A roller is already on site waiting to level the arrival of the aggregate for the sub layers.

Still going to avoid the place in the morning like the plague though.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭pajoguy

hooch-85 wrote: »
    During the summer when the schools were off, people were away on holidays thus less traffic, and weather was much better would have been when they should have done it.

Its not so bad this week but imagine in a few weeks time when its dark in the mornings and evening, pissing rain or worse still icy roads. It'll be a serious nightmare then.

Not sure what sense it would make to have these disruptions during the summer when it's peak tourist season, airport, bunratty etc.
    If you notice parts of crash barrier were hit numerous times near the undulating surface.
    It's also not noticeable when driving but major cracking occurring in the top layers also and pot holes in the slow lane northbound just after the bunratty flyover which would be a serious hazard to motorcyclists.
    Surface might seem fine in a car but if you we're in a hgv or bus it would be very uncomfortable and also a danger.
    You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs unfortunately.

The cross overs are expected to be open by next Sunday. Was planned for Saturday but some match on somewhere....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

There was absolutely no delay at all this morning just after 9am. The very same time yesterday morning it took almost half an hour to get through.

Just wondering if the Cratloe/Sixmilebridge was busy instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭funstuff

I got up earlier - was at the tunnel heading for Shannon at 8:05 am and was in work in Shannon for 8:25.
    Yesterday was at the tunnel at 8:25am and in work for 9:20 so 55min vs. 20min - seems to be not too bad at all times today from what i hear

Stuck for 5 mins this morning - all is well again :)

In fairness its moving well on the way in to Limerick now, haven't driven out through them yet but i will be today.

Working well both ways now hooch - have tried some different combinations of times (sad i know :) ) and all good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

8;20, still ****. Not as bad as Tuesday but bad enough to avoid it in future. Outbound towards Shannon btw

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daibhead

I've been leaving earlier at like 8 for work at 9 to avoid it but its still delaying by 20 minutes, Wondering if its worse or better at like 8:40. You'd imagine the worse rush hour is closer to 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Clear outbound to Shannon every morning about 9.15.

Traffic extremely heavy outbound to Shannon in the evenings. It was back to Portdrine exit this evening around 5.45! I was glad to be heading back to Limerick on the free flowing other side :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Was there a tax & insurance checkpoint at the usual spot in Bunratty, but in the middle of the roadworks this morning?

One guard had a truck pulled in. The other pulled a car in as I approached, so it definitely didn't look like an accident.

Advertisement