Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server problems

Options
  • 20-09-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭

Hi the place where my sister work's is having trouble if anyone can help this is all she told me:

there are 4 PCs and a server. On Michelle’s PC (XP) eQOffice performs acceptably. However on Mark’s (Win7), Ger’s (Win7) and Colman’s (XP) it is very slow. The test we were doing today was to search for a batch in the traceability module and then open the batch. The search time is small on all systems but to open the batch takes about 2secs on Michelle’s and in the region of 3mins on the others.

All the PCs are wired to the network – not wireless. We swapped the network cables on Michelle’s and Mark’s but the speeds did not change.

Looking for any ideas why the same program running on similar PCs should behave so differently.
    All i can think of is it might be there anti virus software.Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭homingbird

I could do with more info to solve this i know like is this a new setup or old setup with the problem just happening . To know is the problem on their side or on the server side .

Advertisement