Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair that just does not stay put after a blow dry

• 20-09-2013 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Okay so I have a Babyliss Big hair and it's a God send.. It truly is a miracle, ingenious product.

After I'm finished, I really do look like I've had a professional blow dry. It looks amazing and I usually am in awe of myself (my hair naturally is a ball of mottled frizz!)

Thing is, after about twenty mins, frizz seeps in.. I don't even have to go outside!!

I use Shu Uemura shampoo for dry damaged hair, with matching conditioner.
    Then Paul Mitchell's skinny serum and maybe a small bit of Moroccon oil (the original one)

What am I doing wrong?!?! Do I need to blast it with hairspray?!?
    Mousse?!?

Women of Ireland.. tell me your secrets!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I had the same problem the first couple of times! Now I use a curl defining mousse after rough blowdrying, then after proper blowdry flip my hair upside down and give a quick spritz of hairspray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Turn the settings to the coldest and go over it one more time. That will help to set your hair, try avoid touching or brushing it after you've finished too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Have the same problem op, have used lots of different conditioners, oils and serums in the past but nothing gives me 100 per cent frizz free hair. A stylist in my local salon told me to spray hairspray directly onto your hairbrush before you pull it through your hair and this definitely works, it takes away a lot of the static you get with dry frizzy hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I have the same problem with my hair when I straighten it. The only conclusion I've come to is that there is still some moisture/water in the hair and it's evaporating out after I've finished styling it. I always notice it stays straighter when I spend more time and effort into getting every last piece perfect, but if I rush it then it goes quite frizzy after 30 minutes :(

Advertisement