Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Flight School

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

F1ngers wrote: »
    Gently reduce speed - tap L2, and as soon as you land hold L2.

Thanks ill give that a go later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Thanks ill give that a go later.

Make sure your deploying the landing gear and it should be fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I finally did it lol

I finally did it lol

Nice! What made ya do it this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I hate the helicopters. I have to re-learn the trick for flying them. I remember I had it down pretty well in IV but this is just a pain. I've failed the first test twice now because I can't get my speed up properly so I just bail from the chopper when I know I'm not getting at least silver.

Is the trick still to keep the nose down and tap L trigger rather than holding it down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Keep the nose down no matter if you're going up or down, you'll keep the speed.

Nice! What made ya do it this time?

I was pressing r2 instead of l2 when trying to land lol *facepalm* I swear I was nearly driven crazy tuesday night because of it :-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Do you get a wanted level for stealing any of the planes?
    No :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Makaveli wrote: »
    I hate the helicopters. I have to re-learn the trick for flying them. I remember I had it down pretty well in IV but this is just a pain. I've failed the first test twice now because I can't get my speed up properly so I just bail from the chopper when I know I'm not getting at least silver.

Is the trick still to keep the nose down and tap L trigger rather than holding it down?

I assume you mean the R trigger (R2)?

I push fully forward, and hold R2 down; you go pretty fast but drift downwards slowly. Whenever I lose too much height I ease back on the stick a bit until I gain height again, and repeat. Use L1 & R1 for steering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Right trigger yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If you think flight school is in anyway difficult, good luck with the knife flight challenges :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

do you have to get all gold stars to continue missions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got all gold on the plane stuff, they were easy. But could only get silvers on the helicopters, can't get the hang of them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    do you have to get all gold stars to continue missions?

One of my mates didnt go near flying school and was able to continue. It just makes it easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Any advantage in getting all gold, will it make handling easier?

Any advantage in getting all gold, will it make handling easier?

Trophies/Achievements. I know two guys on 360 who are having a contest to see who can get the most gold throughout the game.

I'm happy enough with seven gold's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'm not bothered about all Golds, I just want to get it done and dusted. Bloody chopper section is killing me. I did it, but ran out of time Grrr. Need to figure how to get through it faster. The video that was posted, that guy just makes it look a piece of piss, I hate him! :D

Seriously, the knifing and inverted flying course was easier than the straight forward helicopter one's! The grading curve is too steep on them. I'm not good enough to fly them at full speed (well, without crashing and killing everyone) so one missed check point and it's gone.

Dont have any intention of doing the helicopter courses again. Might do the plane courses that I didnt Gold but only when I have everything else finished.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The helicopter courses aren't too bad if you've had a bit of practice flying one around before hand. Try and get one in free play and spend a bit of time getting used to it and having a bit of fun with it. Also some tips I've found help are:

-Don't overcorrect: the helicopters are prone to wobble a bit, but if you try to fight the wobble with the left stick you'll probably overcorrect for it and make the wobble worse. Just keep pushing straight forward and it'll sort itself out. When you get used to that, then maybe try gently correcting.

-Practice gentle banking turns, then harder turns. The easy way to turn is to keep pushing forward on the left stick, but slightly nudge it in the direction you want to go. You can use the shoulder buttons to help a little, but just tap them slowly at first. When you get used to that, try banking harder, by pushing the left stick further in the direction you want to turn and maybe tapping the shoulder buttons faster

-Hold the right trigger almost all of the time, especially when moving forward. Holding the right-trigger should be your default. When moving forward control your height by pushing forward on the left stick to go forward and descend slowly, and when you need to climb a little either just ease off on the left stick or pull back on the left stick. If you need to descend quicker, that's when you let go of the right trigger, and you only really need the left trigger if you want to plummet out of the sky.

stevenmu wrote: »
    The helicopter courses aren't too bad if you've had a bit of practice flying one around before hand. Try and get one in free play and spend a bit of time getting used to it and having a bit of fun with it. Also some tips I've found help are:

-Don't overcorrect: the helicopters are prone to wobble a bit, but if you try to fight the wobble with the left stick you'll probably overcorrect for it and make the wobble worse. Just keep pushing straight forward and it'll sort itself out. When you get used to that, then maybe try gently correcting.

That is very good advice for people having problem's with the choppers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah, I'm going to take that advice and give it a good go later. I can control the chopper, and hit all markers, just very slowly - I fail because I run over time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Stuck on the Inverted section eventually hitting the ground or crashing any tips? I know there must be a way to it can't figure it out.

The trick is to do as little maneuvering as possible when inverted. Before you invert, line your self up so that you are a little bit higher than the checkpoint are aimed a little bit above it too. Then when you invert, you should be pointed more or less at the checkpoint. Your nose will have a tendency to fall towards the ground, just gently press forward on the left stick to correct it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Hoop66

stevenmu wrote: »

-Practice gentle banking turns, then harder turns. The easy way to turn is to keep pushing forward on the left stick, but slightly nudge it in the direction you want to go. You can use the shoulder buttons to help a little, but just tap them slowly at first. When you get used to that, try banking harder, by pushing the left stick further in the direction you want to turn and maybe tapping the shoulder buttons faster

-Hold the right trigger almost all of the time, especially when moving forward. Holding the right-trigger should be your default. When moving forward control your height by pushing forward on the left stick to go forward and descend slowly, and when you need to climb a little either just ease off on the left stick or pull back on the left stick. If you need to descend quicker, that's when you let go of the right trigger, and you only really need the left trigger if you want to plummet out of the sky.

Good advice.

I definitely found that getting used to using the rudder to turn rather than banking made it easy, once you get used to using four fingers on the R1/R2/L1/L2 buttons. You need to because, as stevenmu said, you need to be constantly on R2 to keep the throttle up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I know your supposed to do flight school with Michael, and I got all gold except for the heli ones, and I can't seem to finish the last plane one, his skill has gone up though, should I get all gold a lot easier with Trevor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah, I'm going to take that advice and give it a good go later. I can control the chopper, and hit all markers, just very slowly - I fail because I run over time

Same, I can do the course it just takes a bloody age

Stuck on the Inverted section eventually hitting the ground or crashing any tips? I know there must be a way to it can't figure it out.

I found it doesnt need to be bang on the checkpoints. I thought I had missed one but got it, so there is some leeway. Just make sure you start out higher than needed. The plane naturally dips and being higher gives you more time to adjust in case you hit the wrong rudder.

Fieldog wrote: »
    I know your supposed to do flight school with Michael, and I got all gold except for the heli ones, and I can't seem to finish the last plane one, his skill has gone up though, should I get all gold a lot easier with Trevor?

Once you have his flight skill up at the same level as Trevor, it seems to be about the same for both of them. I don't notice anything between them anyway, but if I switch to Franklin who has a much lower skill level I notice a huge difference.

Advertisement