If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading from TV i bought here before

Options
  • 20-09-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

after about 4 years, im deciding i want to upgrade my PHILIPS 37PFL8404 that i bought form you guys before. you gave me a good price which was cheaper than other places which was like 700 at the time(not too sure)

im looking for the same inch for around the same price if not cheaper. the tv will be used 80% for ps3(soon ps4) gaming so gaming is the most important factor in sleecting a new tv for me. im afraid of buying a new tv to realise the quality or screen isnt an upgrade to my current tv but im sure you guys can point me in the right direction. im not interested much in all the internet on tv and other gimicks so its not improtant if the tv lacks that. the speakers are not so improtant either as i use gaming headsets.

37" 700 euro tops..maybe can stretch a bit more. i think 3D is standard on tvs now? but again..3D is not a main priority. 

hope you can show me some nice tvs :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

MarkY91 wrote: »
    after about 4 years, im deciding i want to upgrade my PHILIPS 37PFL8404 that i bought form you guys before. you gave me a good price which was cheaper than other places which was like 700 at the time(not too sure)

im looking for the same inch for around the same price if not cheaper. the tv will be used 80% for ps3(soon ps4) gaming so gaming is the most important factor in sleecting a new tv for me. im afraid of buying a new tv to realise the quality or screen isnt an upgrade to my current tv but im sure you guys can point me in the right direction. im not interested much in all the internet on tv and other gimicks so its not improtant if the tv lacks that. the speakers are not so improtant either as i use gaming headsets.

37" 700 euro tops..maybe can stretch a bit more. i think 3D is standard on tvs now? but again..3D is not a main priority. 

Mark,

apologies for the delay getting back to you :( .

The Philips PFL8404 was a bit of a classic and several of our own guys purchased one - however most TV's in the same price range will better even the 8404 for features and picture quality these days.

37" is pretty much all gone now as a preferred manufacturers screen size with 32 or 39" taking over ( I'll assume that you would go for a 39")

3D really isn't standard yet across all prices ranges and to be honest we don't have a single 3D model in the 37-39" ranges!

If you want a decent 39" smart TV with outstanding picture quality - I would go for the Panasonic TXL39E6 at £529.95 / €639.99 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl39e6b/pana-txl39e6b-bk (however watch out as the 42" is only £20 extra!!)

If 3D was important then we have the Samsung UE40F6320 at £569.95 / €699.99 - again have a look here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40f6320/sams-ue40f6320 

Give us a shout or drop us a line if any of these are interesting and we will of course do our very best to assist,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Mark,

apologies for the delay getting back to you :( .

The Philips PFL8404 was a bit of a classic and several of our own guys purchased one - however most TV's in the same price range will better even the 8404 for features and picture quality these days.

37" is pretty much all gone now as a preferred manufacturers screen size with 32 or 39" taking over ( I'll assume that you would go for a 39")

3D really isn't standard yet across all prices ranges and to be honest we don't have a single 3D model in the 37-39" ranges!

If you want a decent 39" smart TV with outstanding picture quality - I would go for the Panasonic TXL39E6 at £529.95 / €639.99 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl39e6b/pana-txl39e6b-bk (however watch out as the 42" is only £20 extra!!)

If 3D was important then we have the Samsung UE40F6320 at £569.95 / €699.99 - again have a look here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40f6320/sams-ue40f6320 

Give us a shout or drop us a line if any of these are interesting and we will of course do our very best to assist,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    no problem in the delay. ill have a look at both TVs. not sure if ill go for 3D as i have no plan to really use it much and i think 3D on ps3 is a bit of a gimmick. 39" is fine to me. since your shop in dublin city centre has closed, how do i go about getting the tv? delivery? can i get a price please?

oh and...does the panasonic have irish freeview HD? i have UPC but itd be great to have 1 or 2 HD channels like RTE2 for the international football games 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

oh and...does the panasonic have irish freeview HD? i have UPC but itd be great to have 1 or 2 HD channels like RTE2 for the international football games 
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The Panasonic is Saorview approved so there will be no problem picking up the Irish stations.

On delivery you'd be looking at £29.95.  This will cover both the 39" and 42" :)  Got the 42" in stock and ready to go.  39" is currently out of stock here in the store but we can get them in again if needs be.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Mark,

The Panasonic is Saorview approved so there will be no problem picking up the Irish stations.

On delivery you'd be looking at £29.95.  This will cover both the 39" and 42" :)  Got the 42" in stock and ready to go.  39" is currently out of stock here in the store but we can get them in again if needs be.

Chris
    good price. 39 is fine as in fairly close to the tv in my bedroom so 42 is too big. i wont be getting the tv in for a few weeks at minimum. maybe even december or so. do you buy back old tvs? would have to sell my current one in order to get the money together. hope i can get like 350 for it

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Mark,

Chris
    good price. 39 is fine as in fairly close to the tv in my bedroom so 42 is too big. i wont be getting the tv in for a few weeks at minimum. maybe even december or so. do you buy back old tvs? would have to sell my current one in order to get the money together. hope i can get like 350 for it
    Mark,

unfortunately we don't buy back TV's - I'd recommend that you pop it on Adverts.ie - most people report that you get fair prices on kit via adverts.ie - if you are thinking of purchasing in December - do check back prior  does tend to move about quite a bit, especially on TV!

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.