Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

residential areas in wicklow town -advice needed

• 20-09-2013 8:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11

Hi, I would be very grateful for anyone who could let me know any useful information about the residential areas down by the train station in Wicklow. I am thinking of buying a house there but I noticed there are quite a few for sale in this estate. It is called Church Gate.
    Its probably just coincidence but I was wondering of anyone knows if there is something undesirable about this location, maybe flooding potential or noise pollution. I would be very grateful for any advice as its a huge move buying a house in an area relatively unknown to me. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Its a new estate largely populated by newbies from Dublin.

I'm not aware of anyone I know ever living there & I've never had business to even being there myself.

Considering that many young commuting couples would have purchased there its understandable that many could be selling up after losing jobs etc.

There would not be much noise pollution, you have the co council & the protestant secondary school as neighbours.

there is about 4-5 trains going by daily, not much noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 southofdub

It is not exactly new, it was built sometime between 1996 and 2000.
    I have never heard of any problems, except that I remember sometime there
    was an issue with a "Hole" in the access road.
    The problem was that the Council had not taken the estate "In Charge" for some
    reason. It might be wise to check and see if this issue was resolved.
    The 7.30am train will get you to pearse station at 8.45am.
    The 133 bus service is pretty good also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 nemesis1000

Thanks very much for the replies. I appreciate it. Its good to get insider insights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Thanks very much for the replies. I appreciate it. Its good to get insider insights.
    Just curious, did you buy a house in the end?

Advertisement