Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    That's high!

Jallet Anytime Card @ 7.00 is my bet for tonight!
    Jallet First Card @ 34.00 is my high odds fun bet

Odds will 100% drop if/when he is a confirmed starter, so taking this now. Then praying!

Think he could have got a yellow in the game, but it did not happen.
    One big crunching tackle, that really should have been a yellow - but he was not part of the game defensively a whole lot apart of that.

Sorry all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Think he could have got a yellow in the game, but it did not happen.
    One big crunching tackle, that really should have been a yellow - but he was not part of the game defensively a whole lot apart of that.

Sorry all. :(

He'll be a good call next week but will probably be 6/4 or something too small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Juve, Benfica and Valencia enhanced on PP from 6.48 to 9.0. That is a huge enhancement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

matthew8 wrote: »
    Juve, Benfica and Valencia enhanced on PP from 6.48 to 9.0. That is a huge enhancement.

Decent enough but Juve have a lot of injuries atm and got spunked on by Napoli..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Lamposts wrote: »
    Decent enough but Juve have a lot of injuries atm and got spunked on by Napoli..

Not half as much as Lyon have midfield in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

I am on benfica here at 17/20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ive gone for btts in tonights 4 games in el 20 gets me about 250

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Bournemouth (10th) vs QPR (3rd)
    Bet QPR to win @ 11/5.

Bournemouth are in great form at the moment with three wins on the bounce albeit against poor teams (Barnsley, Leeds & Birmingham). If the players QPR have turn up they could easily get a win here so i see good value in 11/5. Bournemouth are pushing for a play off place so maybe will have more motivation than QPR who look unlikey to get an automatic promotion place.

I also see good value in United @ evens as Newcastle are very poor at the moment and missing a few players.

Odds from Bet365.

* QPR top scorer Charlie Austin also passed fit tomorrow with Joey Barton out.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Leeds since it came out they weren't paid full wages and the club going back into administration have lost to Bournemouth 4-1 away, Donny (7/2) 2-1 at home and lowly charlton (21/20) 1-0 at home .....

Away to Wigan in the early kick off surely they are in for a horrible day

Wigan unbeaten in 12 at home games will be looking for 3 points to ensure a playoff spot

Was shocked to see Wigan odds of 8/15 considering they are at home and the termoil within Leeds, was expecting 1/3 or worse... Think there is real value in Wigan -1 7/5

Wigan will be without regular boesajour but it's a position they have plenty of cover in....

Wigan have one of the best goals for tally in the league with Leeds conceding in 18 of their last 19 games and Wigans goals coming from a host of positions and players this year I see no problem in them beating the -1 and possibly more..
    Thinking of lumping on Wigan-1 7/5 in the early kick off tomorrow to get the Saturday rolling....

Anyone else any views!??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

city / wigan double @ evens. early kick offs. leeds in turmoil with wigan in great form at home. city have to win to keep up the pressure. early kicks offs can be poxy hopefully straight forward wins here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

yes hopefully wigan and city take an easy win here, will be dissappointed if not

Zabaleta to be booked 3/1 ,will be coming up against the in form Rodriguez and Luke Shaw might bolt up the park and cause him a bit of trouble ,have a feeling this won't be too straightforward for city

seanhynes wrote: »
    Zabaleta to be booked 3/1 ,will be coming up against the in form Rodriguez and Luke Shaw might bolt up the park and cause him a bit of trouble ,have a feeling this won't be too straightforward for city

Chris Foy you owe me 40 euro ,thats why I hate English refs :mad:

Chris Foy you owe me 40 euro ,thats why I hate English refs :mad:

wtf did he not get booked for giving away that peno?

Ref nonsense has been happening all week. Lower leagues, Champions League. Now Premiership. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/04/05/england/league-two/chesterfield-fc/newport-county-afc/1485755/?ICID=PL_MS_06

Chesterfield look a very good price @4/6 at home to Newport. Chesterfield unbeaten at home since October and Newport have lost 4 of the last 6 on the road. Chesterfield need the win to stay clear in 3rd while Newport look safe and have nothing to play for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

United at 11/10 away to Newcastle.

United don't have Rooney, but still do have the best away record in the PL, and Newcastle have been in freefall without Pardew.

madma wrote: »
    wtf did he not get booked for giving away that peno?

Let him off that is criminal and he booked toure for diving and let prowse away at a dirty tackle on a Toure they are too inconsistent ,that's dirty money to lose on that only a tenner but if u concede a pen for a blatant foul it's automatic card in any other country.way too inept English refs,never again doing a cards bet in English league on any certain player

Wigan were very lucky to come with a win at home today, they were basically defending most of the second half and their strikers weren't getting much of the ball and weren't having any decent chances either, all and all the points helps wigan for a place in promotion spot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

bradlente wrote: »
    Augsburg Bayern btts 1.91 for the weekend.Dropping fairly quick all over the place so giving it a shot.

It's won in 10/13 Augsburg home matches,only 6/13 Bayern matches but 2 of the last 3 and Augsburg have only failed to score at home in 1 match this season,the first against Dortmund.Bayern might be thinking of the Utd game at the weekend too.

Just seen that Augsburg haven't scored against Bayern in 5 meetings which doesn't bode well.Hopefully they can break the trend.

Wasn't expecting Bayern to mess this up.

• Advertisement

Let him off that is criminal and he booked toure for diving and let prowse away at a dirty tackle on a Toure they are too inconsistent ,that's dirty money to lose on that only a tenner but if u concede a pen for a blatant foul it's automatic card in any other country.way too inept English refs,never again doing a cards bet in English league on any certain player

very unlucky man,zaba made a few fouls

DominicKid wrote: »
    Wigan were very lucky to come with a win at home today, they were basically defending most of the second half and their strikers weren't getting much of the ball and weren't having any decent chances either, all and all the points helps wigan for a place in promotion spot!

yeah man i cashed out on the double with city at around 70mins cause wigan were terrible. still two thirds profit but it was toorisky stayin in. uve was gonna nuts at the players they were asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭PuntersAdvice

French Ligue 1: Guingamp v Montpellier

-Guingamp and Montpellier occupy 18th and 15th place in the total goals per league match table with 1.91 and 2.29 goals respectively.

-They both have an average of 1.5 total goals per match in their last 6 league games.

-They have a combined 74% of league matches going under 2.5 goals.

-Guingamp have the 4th worst offense and the 5th best defense in the league.

-Saihi (Montpellier) has returned but has said himself he is another 2 or 3 games away from match fitness.

-Defender Mathieu Deplagne is available for Montpellier, but will serve a one-match ban for accumulation of yellow cards against Marseille.

-Guingamp will soon have captain Lionel Mathis available again following an Achilles injury, but the Montpellier match comes too soon.

Bet: Under 2.5 Goals
    Bookmaker: Ladbrokes
    Odds: 1.55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    Hope this is the right place for this;

Just had a look through remaining games this season. Norwich are currently 14th, 7pts clear of relegation but of the below teams WBA and C Palace have a game in hand and Sunderland have 2 games in hand over them.

Last 4 fixtures for Norwich are:

Liverpool (H)
    Man United (A)
    Chelsea (A)
    Arsenal (H)

Very conceivable that they'll get no points from those 4 games. The 3 before that are easier but 2 of the 3 are away from home. Norwich haven't traveled well this year:

Away: Played 15, Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 11, Goals For 11, Goals Against 36

So I wouldn't be confident in them winning both those away games (Swansea and Fulham) as they've only won 2 away all season to now. Their remaining home game is v West Brom who are also pretty bad away from home so I can see a result there.

But in the 7 matches I wouldn't be surprised if they only returned 7 or 8 points, which would leave them on 39 or 40pts, probably very very close to relegation. And if I'm harsh on them, I think they'll only actually get 5 points.

Ladbrokes have them at 5/1 to go down, PP have them at 4/1. Definite value I say.

Lost to Swansea and now West Brom. 17th in the league. Massive game next week against Fulham with the 4 bigger teams to come

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

R Palacio to score in 90 minutes and Inter Milan to win the match @ 11/10

Seems good enough value. They are at hom against a poor relagation battling Bologna. Inter pushing for Europe this year. Palacio is their top goalscorer with 14 golas this term. Sitting 4th in the goalscorer with the same amount of goals as Higuin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

St Etienne are very motivated to win today, as a win would reduce the gap with 3rd placed Lille to only 3 points, the 3rd place is the last CL spot.

St Etienne @ 1.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

100 on Atalanta @ 1.80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lost to Swansea and now West Brom. 17th in the league. Massive game next week against Fulham with the 4 bigger teams to come

I fancy Fulham to survive.

Have a handy enough run-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Arsenal over 2 fh corners 6/5

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AH92

Nibble at Flamini to be booked at 5/6 :)

• Advertisement

Time of First Goal (15 - 30) @ 4.00

Wr45Z3N.png

Believe in stats!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AH92

AH92 wrote: »
    Nibble at Flamini to be booked at 5/6 :)
    BOOM! Love them early winners! :D

Toobz wrote: »
    Arsenal over 2 fh corners 6/5

Arsenal get as many corners as Everton get goals - arsenal are sh*te

Time of First Goal (15 - 30) @ 4.00

Wr45Z3N.png

Believe in stats!

Feckin' Sussudio

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

St Etienne are very motivated to win today, as a win would reduce the gap with 3rd placed Lille to only 3 points, the 3rd place is the last CL spot.

St Etienne @ 1.50

FT 1-1 and bye bye CL football... sorry I forgot that St Etienne were massive chokers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Suarez 1st scorer and 2 or more for me today :)

West Ham against teams in Top 6 - whilst playing at Home

Man U (1-3)
    Everton (2-3)
    Arsenal (1-3)
    Man City (1-3)
    Chelsea (1-3)

Liverpool Total Goals (3 or more) @ 2.18

West Ham against teams in Top 6 - whilst playing at Home

Man U (1-3)
    Everton (2-3)
    Arsenal (1-3)
    Man City (1-3)
    Chelsea (1-3)

Liverpool Total Goals (3 or more) @ 2.18

Fecking post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

What do people think of Napoli - Valencia dbl ???
    Worth a nibble ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Hope this is the right place for this;

Just had a look through remaining games this season. Norwich are currently 14th, 7pts clear of relegation but of the below teams WBA and C Palace have a game in hand and Sunderland have 2 games in hand over them.

Last 4 fixtures for Norwich are:

Liverpool (H)
    Man United (A)
    Chelsea (A)
    Arsenal (H)

Very conceivable that they'll get no points from those 4 games. The 3 before that are easier but 2 of the 3 are away from home. Norwich haven't traveled well this year:

Away: Played 15, Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 11, Goals For 11, Goals Against 36

So I wouldn't be confident in them winning both those away games (Swansea and Fulham) as they've only won 2 away all season to now. Their remaining home game is v West Brom who are also pretty bad away from home so I can see a result there.

But in the 7 matches I wouldn't be surprised if they only returned 7 or 8 points, which would leave them on 39 or 40pts, probably very very close to relegation. And if I'm harsh on them, I think they'll only actually get 5 points.

Ladbrokes have them at 5/1 to go down, PP have them at 4/1. Definite value I say.

I looked and looked and looked at this and convinced myself
    norwich were gonna beat brom at home
    so regret not taking that 5s now

great spot in fairness
    best at 6/4 now which will be odds on if they fail to win
    next weekend

now to find something to double it with :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

River Plate 13/10 to win tonight. Belgrano havn't won in there last 5. And Plate lost just once winning the other 4. Which included an away win to major rivals Boca. Belgrano havn't scored in there last 3. River plate keeping 3 clean sheets in last 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭PuntersAdvice

Be aware if you fancy a punt on Tottenham tonight:

Injured/Doubtful list:

Soldado
    Vertonghen
    Paulinho
    Walker
    Adebayor
    Capoue
    Lamela
    Chiriches

Be aware if you fancy a punt on Tottenham tonight:

Injured/Doubtful list:

Soldado
    Vertonghen
    Paulinho
    Walker
    Adebayor
    Capoue
    Lamela
    Chiriches
    Adebayor and Paulinho have both recovered but they might be on the bench.

Red Card In Game @ 3.30 (PSG/Chelsea) seems worth a go tonight, Jose will force this with all his usual tactics/games - he will have the team up for this, and his hyped team will force PSG to make a mistake.

Speaking of Jose, he has 100% CL Quarter Final record - Chelsea to Qualify @ 4.00. Two goals and a clean sheet are not too much to ask with Ibra out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Red Card In Game @ 3.30 (PSG/Chelsea) seems worth a go tonight, Jose will force this with all his usual tactics/games - he will have the team up for this, and his hyped team will force PSG to make a mistake.

Speaking of Jose, he has 100% CL Quarter Final record - Chelsea to Qualify @ 4.00. Two goals and a clean sheet are not too much to ask with Ibra out.

Going with you on the red card. The ref has shown 3 reds in his last 6 games.
    I think the bet of the night is over 5.5 cards at 10/11. Everyone of the refs last 11 games has resulted in at least 6 cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Watford decent Price home to Freefalling Leeds United @4/6. Watford unbeaten in 8 games at home and generally score quite a few goals at home. Leeds have only 1 win on the road past 8 with 6 of these losses. Leeds 4 losses on the bounce look to be in complete turmoil since it came out they face administration and unable to pay players wages, cant imagine too much harmony in the Leeds camp ahead of tonights game.

Tipped Wigan -1 at home the weekend and they just scraped the 1-0 win :mad: confident though at home watford can take this one on the straight win.

Deeney looks nailed on to bag a goal tonight having an unbelievable season 4/1 first goalscorer and 1/1 anytime are very tempting bets

Ronaldo wincast 9/4 on paddy powers but doubt it'll be there long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Toobz wrote: »
    Ronaldo wincast 9/4 on paddy powers but doubt it'll be there long!

Not being risked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I fancy Dortmund tonight, I think at home they'll have enough to sneak a win. Not enough to get through but a 2-1 or 3-2 win is what i think will happen tonight :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Is Costa out tommorrow for Athletico??

• Advertisement
Advertisement