Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Is Costa out tommorrow for Athletico??

Yes, hamstring injury from all reports wont be fit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Many on here on Jallet card again I see paddy dropped him from 5s to 11/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody like the powerplay Both team to score and Chelsea to win 7/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Nuts102 wrote: »

I'd rather the Chelsea win to nil. They've kept 8 home clean sheets on the bounce. So no. I don't like the look of it. Good luck with whatever you do though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Waiting to see the Chelsea lineup before going for that 4/1 PP special of Hazard & Chelsea win. If Lampard is on the bench it might be worth a cheeky few quid..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Chelsea: Cech Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta Luiz Lampard Willian Oscar Hazard Eto'o

PSG: Sirigu; Jallet, Alex, Silva, Maxwell; Verratti, Motta, Matuidi, Lucas; Cavani, Lavezzi

Real Madrid: Casillas, Carvajal, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Coentrao, Xabi Alonso, Modric, Illarra, Di María, Bale; Benzema

Dortmund: Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Friedrich, Hummels, Durm; Jojic, Kirch; Grosskreutz, Mkhitaryan, Reus; Lewandowski.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

shrewdness wrote: »
    Chelsea: Cech Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta Luiz Lampard Willian Oscar Hazard Eto'o

PSG: Sirigu; Jallet, Alex, Silva, Maxwell; Verratti, Motta, Matuidi, Lucas; Cavani, Lavezzi

My Nemesis. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Slimseamie

Lewandowski 2/1 to score anytime vs madrid with paddy power enhanced special, surely worth a few bob, they will be going all out to score a few and will probably concede a few in the process but Lewandowski will more than likely get one of the goals if they score 2+

You know what, you wont beat me Jallet...

Zyi8sEH.png

#HazardGonnaKillYou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

tinodz wrote: »

Zyi8sEH.png

#HazardGonnaKillYou

Any more prices up for this?No category on oddschecker say there might be better odds around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Nuts102 wrote: »

Great value.
    Max bet.

Chelsea have to score, and PSG have the quality to hit them on the counter. It's best price 3.8 elsewhere, so a significant enhancemnet.

bradlente wrote: »
    Any more prices up for this?No category on oddschecker say there might be better odds around.

The rare time I bet on this market I use Paddy Power. I am not sure it is available elsewhere (Betfair, Sky, 365). Oddschecker is useless in this regard. I checked a few others and cannot see the market

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Anyone on Jallet to get booked again lads? 11/5 on Paddypower decided to go high stakes on it. He was lucky not to get booked last week so second time lucky hopefully :)

GL everyone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I think there is serious value in the corners market for the Chelsea v PSG game.

Away Team Multi Corners: PSG Over 1.5 - 1.66.

PSG will break fast on the counter attack and may sneak 1 or 2 corners. If Chelsea go 2-0, then PSG will have to attack which would lead to more long balls/crosses so hopefully this would result in corners. Too good to turn down I think.

Red Card In Game @ 3.30 (PSG/Chelsea) seems worth a go tonight, Jose will force this with all his usual tactics/games - he will have the team up for this, and his hyped team will force PSG to make a mistake.

Speaking of Jose, he has 100% CL Quarter Final record - Chelsea to Qualify @ 4.00. Two goals and a clean sheet are not too much to ask with Ibra out.

Zyi8sEH.png

#HazardGonnaKillYou

Bit of a mess, but one in means a small bit of profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Fonze07 wrote: »
    I think the bet of the night is over 5.5 cards at 10/11. Everyone of the refs last 11 games has resulted in at least 6 cards.

BOOM!!!!!!

BOOM!!!!!!

Congrats...

8 cards, and no Jallet card is taking the piss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

PSG's next game is away to Lyon... Lyon DC is @ 1.95 which should be a great bet, PSG will have no motivation as they're already virtually champions and they've been brought back to Earth by Chelsea, they must be feeling terrible right now... also Lyon narrowly lost 1-0 to Juventus so I'm sure they can get something against a mentally destroyed PSG. Oh and Ibra is out for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

PSG's next game is away to Lyon... Lyon DC is @ 1.95 which should be a great bet, PSG will have no motivation as they're already virtually champions and they've been brought back to Earth by Chelsea, they must be feeling terrible right now... also Lyon narrowly lost 1-0 to Juventus so I'm sure they can get something against a mentally destroyed PSG. Oh and Ibra is out for a month.

Might Lyon have that same deflated feeling after Thursday though?And with two days less rest as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

BOOM!!!!!!

Nice one, I followed on this too! Is there any site that tells you which matches a particular ref will be in charge of next? 12 games in a row is a serious record, I'd consider going with overs cards for Proenca's next game, depending on what it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Nice one, I followed on this too! Is there any site that tells you which matches a particular ref will be in charge of next? 12 games in a row is a serious record, I'd consider going with overs cards for Proenca's next game, depending on what it was.

soccerway.com has refs but big matches like this you can easily find them on uefa.com as well.

Better: http://refereeingworld.blogspot.co.uk/

Howard Webb in charge of the Munich United game? Thought a German or English ref couldn't take charge of a European game involving a team from their own country??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Howard Webb in charge of the Munich United game? Thought a German or English ref couldn't take charge of a European game involving a team from their own country??

Not Howard Webb anyway, http://gyazo.com/b958e8a2c73f20dd36eb2d71d099ed38

Interesting. According to soccerway it's Webb
    http://ie.soccerway.com/referees/howard-webb/44521/

Obviously a mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I fancy Dortmund tonight, I think at home they'll have enough to sneak a win. Not enough to get through but a 2-1 or 3-2 win is what i think will happen tonight :D:D:D

A win is a win is a win :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Few days away but a bet i was looking forward to when the draw was made is Dundee United's Saturday early kick off in the cup against Rangers...

Definite value on the away team Dundee @ 1/1 agaisnt a team 2 Divisions below them....

Dundee having a decent season too, really impressed with them this year.. They managed to sicken me at a game i actually travelled over to see, to get a 1-1 draw in Celtic Park a game which they should have won (Late Late Celtic equaliser 90')

Dissapointed this game is going to be played in Ibrox, but still think there is definite value in backing Dundee United - there is a definite gulf in class between the two, Dundee should be winning this game. The above Celtic result shows they are more than capeable of going to a big stadium on a big day and getting a result. Celtic played a full team this day.

Dundee and Rangers actually played this time last year in the same cup where Dundee came out with a 3-0 win (Match played in Dundee however). Dundee have definately improved since then, I suppose the same can be said for Rangers also though.

Raith Rovers in the Challenge cup last weekend managed to beat Rangers 1-0 AET . Raith rovers are the division ahead of Rangers and struggling and still managed to beat them - Rangers Played their first team here also.

There is no question in my mind that Dundee have more than enough class to go to Ibrox and win comfortably. There is a huge gulf in class and standard between the two teams.

Dundee United Win 1/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Soccerway have the referees of the matches the wrong way around. Webb is doing the Ath. Madrid/Barca match and Eriksson is doing the Bayern Munich/Man Utd.

bradlente wrote: »
    Might Lyon have that same deflated feeling after Thursday though?And with two days less rest as well.

I doubt that, Lyon were massive underdogs vs Juventus, everyone thought Juve would win comfortably and in the end Lyon almost got a point and were denied a clear penalty. On the other hand, the media kept praising PSG, everyone said they'd go through, every pundit was adamant they'd reach the semis...

I doubt that, Lyon were massive underdogs vs Juventus, everyone thought Juve would win comfortably

I watched that game and thought they did.

Austria! wrote: »
    I watched that game and thought they did.

Scoring in the 87th minute is a comfortable win?

Lyon had a couple of great chances in that match. Juve dominated possession but didnt open up lyon very well. Far from comfortable IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Atlético

Barcelona

Courtois(GK)
    Godín
    Filipe Luís
    Juanfran
    Miranda
    Tiago
    Koke
    Raúl García
    Gabi(C)
    Adrián López
    Villa
    Pinto(GK)
    Mascherano
    Bartra
    Jordi Alba
    Daniel Alves
    Fàbregas
    Xavi Hernández(C)
    Iniesta
    Busquets
    Messi
    Neymar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Bayern

Man. United

Neuer(GK)
    Dante
    Boateng
    Lahm(C)
    Ribéry
    Robben
    Götze
    T. Müller
    Alaba
    Kroos
    Mandžukić
    De Gea(GK)
    Evra
    Jones
    Smalling
    Vidić(C)
    Carrick
    D. Fletcher
    Valencia
    Kagawa
    Rooney
    Welbeck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

David Alaba 10/1
    Diego Godin 11/1 First To Be Booked

Booking Double €5>€660 Easy Winner, hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

over 2.5 goals both champs league games,50 on,keep it simple lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Rarely back for/against my own team but I can see an Arsenal backlash against Wigan on Saturday. I think the market is being led by Arsenal's poor form, this has come from an incredibly difficult run of games and tactics that have played into the opposition hands. I just can't see Wenger making the same mistake twice. The expanses of Wembley will suit, I think the players will be up for the occasion and when you drill down into it; its 4th in the Premier League versus 5th in the Championship. There's a huge gulf in class.

Arsenal (-1) @ 5/4 (Powers)
    Arsenal (-2) @ 10/3 (Powers)
    Arsenal 3-0 Correct Score @ 21/2 (Bet Victor)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

cson wrote: »
    Rarely back for/against my own team but I can see an Arsenal backlash against Wigan on Saturday. I think the market is being led by Arsenal's poor form, this has come from an incredibly difficult run of games and tactics that have played into the opposition hands. I just can't see Wenger making the same mistake twice. The expanses of Wembley will suit, I think the players will be up for the occasion and when you drill down into it; its 4th in the Premier League versus 5th in the Championship. There's a huge gulf in class.

Arsenal (-1) @ 5/4 (Powers)
    Arsenal (-2) @ 10/3 (Powers)
    Arsenal 3-0 Correct Score @ 21/2 (Bet Victor)

Where were City in the premiership when Wigan knocked them out? I won't be going near this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Where were City in the premiership when Wigan knocked them out? I won't be going near this match.

City took Wigan for granted in that match and paid the price; some truly awful defending for both goals (a Demichelis special for the penalty) and even then they'd a truckload of chances to equalise and even win the match. Carson had a motm performance, Boyce cleared from under his own crossbar, City hit the bar a couple of times. Lady Luck was the 12th man (lady? :pac:) for them that day.

Arsenal won't be taking Wigan for granted after whats gone on, a number of players with a point to prove, the carrot of an FA Cup Final place and mainly; Aaron Ramsey is starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Bet for the weekend, sticking to just Trixies for now - can't see this one losing...

Sevilla (hammered Porto 4-1 and are chasing qualification, playing bottom team Betis)
    Cork City (5 wins on the trot, playing 10th place Sligo who are on bad form)
    Bournemouth (5 wins on the trot, top league form playing bottom team Yeovil).

I'm actually really surprised by the odds for Cork, especially since they are at home, I can see these changing by this evening. Minimum profit here from 2/3 wins is €15.

JSuosze.jpg

Taken from the wrong thread I originally posted in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Angers v Le Havre
    BTTS 1/1

Angers scored in 13/15 home league games

Le Havre have scored in their last 8 away league games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Angers v Le Havre
    BTTS 1/1

Angers scored in 13/15 home league games

Le Havre have scored in their last 8 away league games

No good 1-0 FT........... Le Havre late goal chalked off too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Stoke V Newcastle

Stoke Win 23/20

Stoke won 4 of the their last 5 before the Chelsea game and unbeaten at home since the Liverpool game in January (Won 4 of their last 5).

Newcastle have been awful recently losing 4 of their last 5, scoring just once. Conceded 11 in their last 3 although Krul should be back. They were disgraceful defensively against Southampton. Remy is still out though and without him they look pretty toothless up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Stoke V Newcastle

Stoke Win 23/20

Stoke won 4 of the their last 5 before the Chelsea game and unbeaten at home since the Liverpool game in January (Won 4 of their last 5).

Newcastle have been awful recently losing 4 of their last 5, scoring just once. Conceded 11 in their last 3 although Krul should be back. They were disgraceful defensively against Southampton. Remy is still out though and without him they look pretty toothless up front.

All over this myself. 11/10 now with Paddys. Doubled with Southampton at 1/2 also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Stoke and Dundee United double. Stoke 23/20 and Dundee Utd 1/1.
    Stoke have a good home record and Dundee Utd play a team 2 divisions below them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Stoke V Newcastle

Stoke Win 23/20

Apparently they're also without Debuchy & Sissoko. Looks very good for a Stoke win by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

€10 ACCUM
    Barcelona
    Real Madrid
    Roma
    Lille
    Leeds
    Derby
    Real Sociedad
    Tottenham
    Southampton
    Wolfsburg
    Villareal
    GL!

Under 3.5 in:
    Midtjylland vs Odense
    Ekranas vs Trakai
    @ 1.63
    Trakai are a very ambitious promoted team, their manager is Edgaras Jankauskas, who was one of the most successful Lithuanian footballers, and they've signed a bunch of Lithuanian national team players. Trakai's games vs the top teams have all gone under 3.5. As for Ekranas, they drew 0-0 vs Zalgiris (1st) and Banga (2nd)

Midtjylland are missing their two best goalscorers, while Odense's games vs the top teams are often underish.

Under 3.5 in:
    Midtjylland vs Odense
    Ried vs Wacker Innsbruck
    MTK Budapest vs Debrecen
    @ 2.13
    Wacker Innsbruck : http://int.soccerway.com/teams/austria/fc-wacker-innsbruck/167/

Majeed Warris (Valenciennes) anytime @ 4.00
    Great player on loan from Spartak Moscow, he's very quick and has a pretty good technique, he's scored 9 goals in 12 games which is extremely impressive for such a crap team. Probably the best signing of the season along with Sochaux's Sunzu
    Valenciennes badly need points so will play attacking football, while Lille are missing their two regular full backs plus their defensive midfielder Mavuba.

Stopilla Sunzu (Sochaux) anytime @ 12.00
    he's scored in 4 of Sochaux's last 5 home games, pretty impressive for a CB! Best signing of the season imo, how this guy played in the Congolese league is a mystery, he could easily play for a top team.

Lallana Anytime @ 2.88 is my bet of the day. Small stake on First Goal @ 7.50

Bookies line of thinking seems to be that he will be playing in his usual position, and have his usual chance at getting a goal (which is high), but seeing as he is an attacking player to start with, and now that Rodriguez is out, I think Pochettino will move him into an even more attacking position than usual, so he should have great chances today - especially against Cardiff, who seem to be be falling apart from the inside according to the media.

Stoke V Newcastle

Stoke Win 23/20

Remy out swings it for me. Newcastle have scored one in their last 5

Stoke WTN @ 3.4 Ladbrooks.
    Lallana Anytime @ 2.88 is my bet of the day. Small stake on First Goal @ 7.50

Bookies line of thinking seems to be that he will be playing in his usual position, and have his usual chance at getting a goal (which is high), but seeing as he is an attacking player to start with, and now that Rodriguez is out, I think Pochettino will move him into an even more attacking position than usual, so he should have great chances today - especially against Cardiff, who seem to be be falling apart from the inside according to the media.

I'm on Lallana to score and a clean sheet is 6.5 at PP

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/fantasy-scout-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=494961

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Mehmedi (Freiburg) anytime @ 2.90

Scored in 3 of Freiburgs last 4 home games (Dortmund was the blank). Brauschweig concede over 2 goals a game away from home. He takes peno's too

Freiburgs last 7 home games W4 D1 L2

Brauschweig last 7 aay games W0 D3 L4

Worth a go at nearly 2/1 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Mehmedi (Freiburg) anytime @ 2.90

Scored in 3 of Freiburgs last 4 home games (Dortmund was the blank). Brauschweig concede over 2 goals a game away from home. He takes peno's too

Freiburgs last 7 home games W4 D1 L2

Brauschweig last 7 aay games W0 D3 L4

Worth a go at nearly 2/1 :D

No good, freiburg won 2-0 but he didn't score, hit the crossbar though. Sometimes they go for ya, sometimes against

Advertisement