Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Tuesday’s rearranged fixture with TNS gives Carmarthen the opportunity to lift the gloom over Welsh Premier League football in South Wales – finishing third would see the Old Gold enter the play-offs as the highest-seeded club.

After Saturday’s match surprisingly fell foul of the weather, Carmarthen go into tomorrow night’s game with champions The New Saints knowing a win will see them overtake Bangor City and claim third-spot in the table.

A third-place finish and theWord Cup trophy would be considered as a good return by Mark Aizlewood’s squad but a return to European football would transform a good campaign into an excellent one for the Richmond Park club.

Though the side spiralled on an appalling run of form in the second-half of the season losing eight straight games, Carmarthen have since redeemed themselves, winning their last four, to leave a third-place finish within grasp.

The rearrangement of the fixture for The New Saints is an untimely one. If last Saturday’s scheduled encounter was an opportunity for final preparation ahead of the Welsh Cup final, a midweek visit to Carmarthen will be seen as nothing more than a hindrance, and it remains to be seen what sort of squad the league champions will travel with. (the game was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch so the pitch might still be crap)

Although fourth-place finish for Carmarthen would guarantee home advantage for their first play-off game, third spot would ensure they play at Richmond Park for both play-off games – a considerable advantage, given that they are South Wales’ sole representatives to claim the season’s final European spot.

Carmarthen DC @ 2.50
    Carmarthen @ 4.75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Shanghai V Guangzhou. Shanghai home form is a mixed bunch. 1W 1D 1L. Guang away form 2W 1D 1L. The last 5 meetings Shanghai are unbeaten at home.(Going back to 08) W4 D1. 5/6 Shanghai Double Chance. 3/5 have been Under 2.5 8/11. BTTS has hit in 3/5 last H2H. Altho Shangahi have kept 2 clean sheets in last 2 at home. I will be backing Shanghai DC at 5/6 and Under 2.5 at 8/11 myself. Last night I hit the 3/3 in a bet hopefully tonight is 2/2! Also jumped on HT draw FT Shangahi 15/2. HT draw FT draw 7/2

Boom. Booom booom. Under 2.5 lands. Shanghai DC lands. HT draw FT draw lands:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Corner before 8 mins is 5/6 . Looks great value as well . Should be a banker that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Soby wrote: »
    Corner before 8 mins is 5/6 . Looks great value as well . Should be a banker that

On this too. Worked on the arsenal game last night also.

The New Saints FC ‏@tnsfc 57 min

The teams are in for tonight's @WPL_Official fixture between The Saints & Carmarthen Town with the visitors naming a strong side! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Wigan to beat Birmingham evens. Birmingham have the worst home form in the league winning 2 drawing 8 and losing 12 of there 22 games. Wigan currently sitting in 6th with a win tonight guaranteeing them a play-off spot

Bayern vs. Real Btts + over 2.5 goals 5/6. Bayern won't keep real out with Bale and Ronaldo starting. If Madrid score Bayern need 3 this game looks like a goalfest so Large staking this

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Madrid +1 at 11/10 with PP for me

Tuesday’s rearranged fixture with TNS gives Carmarthen the opportunity to lift the gloom over Welsh Premier League football in South Wales – finishing third would see the Old Gold enter the play-offs as the highest-seeded club.

Carmarthen DC @ 2.50
    Carmarthen @ 4.75

Carmarthen won 1-0 :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Carmarthen won 1-0 :D:D

Did this on the bus on the way home based on your preview of the game. Very good call well done.

• Advertisement

markc91 wrote: »
    Wigan to beat Birmingham evens. Birmingham have the worst home form in the league winning 2 drawing 8 and losing 12 of there 22 games. Wigan currently sitting in 6th with a win tonight guaranteeing them a play-off spot

1-0 ft. Won

markc91 wrote: »
    Bayern vs. Real Btts + over 2.5 goals 5/6. Bayern won't keep real out with Bale and Ronaldo starting. If Madrid score Bayern need 3 this game looks like a goalfest so Large staking this
    4-0 Full Time. Just shows how possession means sweet F.A. Bayern didn't score in 180 mins and didn't look like it tonight!

greenman09 wrote: »
    Did this on the bus on the way home based on your preview of the game. Very good call well done.

not my preview, just an article I had found and copy-pasted, the English was way too good, no way that could've been written by me :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Soby wrote: »
    Corner handicap tomorrow is -4 for Bayern. We know what they are like for corners . It was 15-3 in there favour in the first leg . Now they are at home and need to Win. Expect more of the same . I'm on -5,-6,-7 . :)

Cheers for this followed you on the -5 , was a bit of a sweat but just got there in the end! Now just need under 2.5 in Chelsea game tomorrow!

Righto, Chinese Super League. Shanghai Shenxin V Liaoning. Shanghai home form only 1/5 games has finished over 2.5. That game was against the top team. Only 1/5 games H2H have finished over 2.5. Liaoning only 1/5 games has finished over 2.5. So jumping on Under 2.5 at 8/15(Powers). Changchun V Shanghai Luneng. Changchun are unbeaten in last 4/5 home games.(3 Draws). Shanghai are unbeaten in 3/5 away games. Changchun are unbeaten in 4/5 H2H. 3/5 have been under 2.5. Jumping on Changchun double chance at 7/5 and under 2.5 at 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Righto, Chinese Super League. Shanghai Shenxin V Liaoning. Shanghai home form only 1/5 games has finished over 2.5. That game was against the top team. Only 1/5 games H2H have finished over 2.5. Liaoning only 1/5 games has finished over 2.5. So jumping on Under 2.5 at 8/15(Powers). Changchun V Shanghai Luneng. Changchun are unbeaten in last 4/5 home games.(3 Draws). Shanghai are unbeaten in 3/5 away games. Changchun are unbeaten in 4/5 H2H. 3/5 have been under 2.5. Jumping on Changchun double chance at 7/5 and under 2.5 at 5/6

Better prices on Bet365 if you've an account with them - Changchun DC is 8/5 and U2.5 is 7/8

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Chelsea V Athletico - BTTS 11/10 (AM have scored in the last 5 away games in champions league and won 4/5 of away games in laliga)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Better prices on Bet365 if you've an account with them - Changchun DC is 8/5 and U2.5 is 7/8

Great shot this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Chelsea V Athletico - BTTS 11/10 (AM have scored in the last 5 away games in champions league and won 4/5 of away games in laliga)
    Look at it from the opposite way around too though. Chelsea have won and have clean sheets in their last 5 Champs home games. Conceded in only one of their last 7 home league games also.

Boom book:) Changchun win 1-0:)

• Advertisement

Boom book:) Changchun win 1-0:)

Under 2.5 hit in other Shanghai game. 6/6 in last two days in two write ups. Can't complain. Hopefully a few jumped on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Look at it from the opposite way around too though. Chelsea have won and have clean sheets in their last 5 Champs home games. Conceded in only one of their last 7 home league games also.

Aye, it's a good point, their record at home is impeccable! Although the last game in the prem they lost 1-2 Sunderland at the Bridge.

Aye, it's a good point, their record at home is impeccable! Although the last game in the prem they lost 1-2 Sunderland at the Bridge.

Wouldn't focus to much on that really. Just a slip. They're one of the most diciplined defenses in world and they'll be well up for it. Going with Chelsea win to nil and Chelsea to qualify at evens. Might jump on under 1.5 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Lee Gregory 2 or More @ 6.00 (Halifax)

...worth a go based on this crazy Goals per Games stats (29 goals in the league), and with the game love on BT Sport

Time for my usual late night write up lads. Seeing as the last 2 went well! Atletico Lanus V CA Tigre. Lanus have won 5 out of last 5 at home. Tigre have only won 1 away in last 5. H2H Lanus have won 4/5 and drew once.If Lanus win they go up to second, so jumping on Lanus win at 4/7. Also jumping on Lanus win to Nil at 11/8 and Lanus-1 at 15/8(Will cover with handicap draw-1 11/5). Reckon Lanus will have enough for this. Tigre are awful away and have conceded 8 goals in 8 games away scoring only 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Very much like Torino for Sunday vs Chievo. Torino are battling for the last Europa league place (6th as Coppa Italia finalists are in higher league positions), currently level on points with Lazio.
    Chievo were beaten by a 10 man Sampdoria last week (after going a goal up) so would imagine they are low on confidence. Torino have won 4 of their last 5 and generally do well against the smaller teams. They won the reverse fixture 4-1.

Currently 8/5 on Bet365.

Wincast Immobile first scorer might also be worth a small enough stake at 8/1 (If he starts, they have a habit of bringing him on in the second half). He has scored in each of Torino's last 4 games.

Lens @ 1.63

Lens were the big favorites to get promoted as they have an extremely wealthy owner, and will become the next PSG/Monaco next season, but now they're in danger as they're only 3rd, 1 point above the 4th with a game in hand. They have to win tomorrow. They have one of the largest and loudest fan base in France. This game is sold out.

After the epic chokejob last week, Angers's hopes of getting promoted are now over (barring a miracle), I'm sure the players will be affected mentally, as every season Angers are close to getting promoted but end up choking at the end. They also have A LOT of missings due to injuries including their captain.
    Check out the incredible goal they conceded last week in an absolutely must-win game: @2:00

On it Lasagna. Video coming up as unavailable in your country though

On it Lasagna. Video coming up as unavailable in your country though

same video but from dailymotion - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1rxyiq_angers-sco-sm-caen-1-2-28-04-14-sco-smc-resume_sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Doing a final day Dutch write up as i back games there all season long, im no 'Inforfun' though.
    Gone for a quad of Btts Cambuur-ADO(Two teams with nothing to play for but scoring for fun, Martijn Barto has been good to me since Xmas too so on him at 15/8 anytime with Tadic of Twente at 5/6),Btts Utrecht-Vitesse(Utrecht good for goals at home, Vitesse trying to win for 4th but conceding lately too),Groningen win(in the Euro playoffs and in great form which you would think they'd wanna keep up, Heracles nothing to play for and in no form),Heerenveen over 1.5 team goals(away to RKC who are fighting to avoid a relegation playoff, Heerenveen scoring for fun, good away record, tiny goalscorer bet on Joost Van Aken for Heerenveen at 12s anytime, hes scored the last two weeks but hes a defender so who knows, a longshot). Im sure Infor's write up will be more thorough but said id share my thoughts on the games.

Nope video not available due to restriction by the owner. Presume it was a crazy goal conceded though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Some tips for tomorrow.

Bayern -1 is 10/11.
    Our defense is terrible and they always spank us.
    IEp7SSw.png

Hamburg to score no goals is 15/8 or 9/5 on PP.
    We have no fit strikers and will be playing 4-6-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Just the one bet for me today. Wilfried Bony anytime 13/10

Back to back braces for him and Southampton have lost a bit of form and have a couple of key players doubtful.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Just the one bet for me today. Wilfried Bony anytime 13/10

Back to back braces for him and Southampton have lost a bit of form and have a couple of key players doubtful.

Bit cautious of the Swansea game as United,Stoke,Swansea are enchanced which could mean a poxy result:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

bony anytime for me also

only thing jumping off the page at me right now
    two teams with nothing to play for so an open
    game surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

If any1 has a youwin account they should get on Neftochimik 10/11 in Bulgaria , there's been a pile of money for them 11/10 to 4/6 ,365 paddy power Ladbrokes and a couple have pulled it off in the last half hour ,paddy were giving 13/10 Ladbrokes 6/4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Last round of the eredivisie tonight.

Nothing blatantly obvious like Heracles - Ajax last week where a draw was fine for both before kick off.

Also very few matches where there is absolutely nothing at stake.

Only matches where there is a lot at stake are GA Eagles - Roda and Ajax - NEC. NEC and Roda are in a fight for direct relegation with Roda being the obvious candidate to go down. But.... over the years Roda have had some Houdini acts to avoid relegation and to avoid it this time, they need a win, plain and simple.

So a Roda win, despite their **** form, isnt unrealistic.

Last week there was one of these rounds that hardly ever happen, all teams to score. Just to not miss out on that again, took it small @44

PSV need a win to seal 4th, NAC can suffer a small defeat and still be safe on GD. So with 1-0\2-1 and the right results for NAC in the other matches this will be played out like a kick about in the park.

I dont really have anything "sure" to bet on for now. If you like to do some betting on the ere divisie tonight, i can only advise to keep an eye on the live standings and see who needs what.

Injuries (in case you are looking for goal scorers...)

Never mind the words, just look at the names. None of the names mentioned will play.

Lens @ 1.63

Lens were the big favorites to get promoted as they have an extremely wealthy owner, and will become the next PSG/Monaco next season, but now they're in danger as they're only 3rd, 1 point above the 4th with a game in hand. They have to win tomorrow. They have one of the largest and loudest fan base in France. This game is sold out.

After the epic chokejob last week, Angers's hopes of getting promoted are now over (barring a miracle), I'm sure the players will be affected mentally, as every season Angers are close to getting promoted but end up choking at the end. They also have A LOT of missings due to injuries including their captain.
    Check out the incredible goal they conceded last week in an absolutely must-win game: @2:00
    [Youthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__UERfwylZs[/Youtube]

FT 0-0 :mad: This is why French teams will never win anything, they just can't handle the pressure. Record attendance today btw, 40k people turned up to see a team dominate the entire game but only hit the target 3 times :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    Some tips for tomorrow.

Bayern -1 is 10/11.
    Our defense is terrible and they always spank us.

Hamburg to score no goals is 15/8 or 9/5 on PP.
    We have no fit strikers and will be playing 4-6-0.

1 of 2. 10/11 for -1 was buying money.

In the end, I couldn't do it despite saying all week I'd take advantage of it. Betting against my team is just wrong :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Doing a final day Dutch write up as i back games there all season long, im no 'Inforfun' though.
    Gone for a quad of Btts Cambuur-ADO(Two teams with nothing to play for but scoring for fun, Martijn Barto has been good to me since Xmas too so on him at 15/8 anytime with Tadic of Twente at 5/6),Btts Utrecht-Vitesse(Utrecht good for goals at home, Vitesse trying to win for 4th but conceding lately too),Groningen win(in the Euro playoffs and in great form which you would think they'd wanna keep up, Heracles nothing to play for and in no form),Heerenveen over 1.5 team goals(away to RKC who are fighting to avoid a relegation playoff, Heerenveen scoring for fun, good away record, tiny goalscorer bet on Joost Van Aken for Heerenveen at 12s anytime, hes scored the last two weeks but hes a defender so who knows, a longshot). Im sure Infor's write up will be more thorough but said id share my thoughts on the games.

Boom, quad came in thanks to Groningen getting the finger out in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Last round of the eredivisie tonight.

Nothing blatantly obvious like Heracles - Ajax last week where a draw was fine for both before kick off.

Also very few matches where there is absolutely nothing at stake.

Only matches where there is a lot at stake are GA Eagles - Roda and Ajax - NEC. NEC and Roda are in a fight for direct relegation with Roda being the obvious candidate to go down. But.... over the years Roda have had some Houdini acts to avoid relegation and to avoid it this time, they need a win, plain and simple.

So a Roda win, despite their **** form, isnt unrealistic.

Last week there was one of these rounds that hardly ever happen, all teams to score. Just to not miss out on that again, took it small @44

PSV need a win to seal 4th, NAC can suffer a small defeat and still be safe on GD. So with 1-0\2-1 and the right results for NAC in the other matches this will be played out like a kick about in the park.

I dont really have anything "sure" to bet on for now. If you like to do some betting on the ere divisie tonight, i can only advise to keep an eye on the live standings and see who needs what.

Injuries (in case you are looking for goal scorers...)

Never mind the words, just look at the names. None of the names mentioned will play.

15 from 18 teams scored or 6 of 9 btts.

Roda did win but it wasnt enough as NEC got a draw at Ajax. Roda must be thrilled with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Arsenal HT/FT 4/5 (W Brom safe from relegation now, Arsenal with Ramsey back again they should steamroll W Brom)

Levante Athletico Under 3.5 goals 1/3 (Levante an underish side and Athletico havent had over 3.5 in the league in months, with a lot at stake and the game midweek cant see Athletico hammering them so it should be tight)

Zenit double chance away to Lokomotic Moscow 1/3( Zenit have a great record against Lokomotiv and from seeing highlights of them the last few weeks they are destroying everyone, I think Lokomotiv would take a draw here)

TREBLE comes to 11/5 Medium bet on this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

'Expected' lineups for the Ha Noi T&T game starting soon at 11.30 were posted to the official Ha Noi facebook page 7 hours ago and it seems to be a very strong team.
    HN.T&T: Hồng Sơn; Quốc Long, Văn Biển, Gallagher, Hồng Tiến; Thành Lương, Sỹ Cường, Văn Hiếu, Hector, Văn Quyết; Samson.
    HV.AG: Văn Hóa; Tuấn Anh, Vincent, Duy An, Minh Quân; Thành Nam, Hoàng Max, Ngọc Quốc, Patiyo; Felix, Công Mạnh.

Samson is the main 14 goal striker and van Quyet and Hector also chip in with a good few goals. Main defender is Gallagher. Seems to be a very strong team they are expecting to field.

The reverse of this fixture took place only very recently and ended 3-4 to Ha Noi. Odds for +3.5 goals are 1.6 so I will be waiting in play to hopefully have them rise.

Gonna take a stab at BTTS in both halves too if the market is there at small stakes.

The link to the H2H

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/05/04/vietnam/super-league/t--t-ha-noi/an-giang/1631100/head2head/

Arsenal Race to 3 goals 13/10. Have scored 3 goals in each of there last 3 games. Front 4 of Ozil,Giroud,Cazorla and Podolski starting against one of the worst defences in the league!

Levante vs. Atletico Madrid Under 2.5 goals 19/20.
    1/8 of Levante's home games have gone over, 3/9 for atletico

Chelsea win to nil evens. Norwich worst away record in the league cant score a goal either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

Very much like Torino for Sunday vs Chievo. Torino are battling for the last Europa league place (6th as Coppa Italia finalists are in higher league positions), currently level on points with Lazio.
    Chievo were beaten by a 10 man Sampdoria last week (after going a goal up) so would imagine they are low on confidence. Torino have won 4 of their last 5 and generally do well against the smaller teams. They won the reverse fixture 4-1.

Currently 8/5 on Bet365.

Wincast Immobile first scorer might also be worth a small enough stake at 8/1 (If he starts, they have a habit of bringing him on in the second half). He has scored in each of Torino's last 4 games.

Strange game, Torino had a perfectly good goal (Immobile) disallowed in the first half and a decent penalty shout around the same time. Chievo ended up having a player sent off and scored an own goal to give Torino the win 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Arouca v Gil Vicente in Portugal in 30mins ..Draw suits both teams to avoid relegation...both coaches said they would be happy with the draw...there´s a rumour both teams will avoid attack and a boring 0-0 is on the verge...odds went from 9.00 to 7.00

Right folks, for once doing a write up from a laptop so it should be easier to read :D

The Strongest V Universitario 9:00PM
    3rd V 2nd

The Strongest home form has been incredible all season 7W 2D 0L
    Universitario away form is a mixed bunch 2W 3D 3D

I fancy The Strongest to win tonight a win pushes them up into 2nd 8/15 straight win.

Little nibble on The Strongest -1 at 17/10

Uni, seem to concede an awful lot away from home. Conceding 11 in 5 games.

Over 2.5 is 4/6
    Over 3.5 is 7/4

Will be jumping on all these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Arsenal HT/FT 4/5 (W Brom safe from relegation now, Arsenal with Ramsey back again they should steamroll W Brom)(goal from Giroud in the 14th min):)

Levante Athletico Under 3.5 goals 1/3 (Levante an underish side and Athletico havent had over 3.5 in the league in months, with a lot at stake and the game midweek cant see Athletico hammering them so it should be tight)(2-0):)

Zenit double chance away to Lokomotic Moscow 1/3( Zenit have a great record against Lokomotiv and from seeing highlights of them the last few weeks they are destroying everyone, I think Lokomotiv would take a draw here)(1-1 as predicted after Zenit went in front):)

TREBLE comes to 11/5 Medium bet on this
    Get in :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement