Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

On Defoe anytime at 9/4

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

I agree with both JD and Dom Dwyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Kansas seem to still be favourites for this game, despite missing the centre backs. Surely should look at Kansas and BTTS? I know nothing about MLS, but that makes sense to me. Can anyone advise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Austria! wrote: »
    Kansas seem to still be favourites for this game, despite missing the centre backs. Surely should look at Kansas and BTTS? I know nothing about MLS, but that makes sense to me. Can anyone advise?

Was thinking the same but I don't know anything about them so I'll probably avoid and just have a small bet on Defoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Gillington wrote: »
    Trust me he's unemplyed, it would have been major news here if he had found a new job, and he was even linked with the Lyon job a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Theyve lost their last two against sides well below them who werent in great form and the missing cb's is a worry. Toronto arent great and are missing Bradley again, but their form has improved including the 2 Canadian Champ games. BTTS and over 2.5 should come in.

Was just coming on to share the same link. Ya JD has to be the bet of the day. Scored again last week so hes back in the groove, hopefully.
    Same game and Dom Dwyer is worth a bet at 9/4 too for SKC, have had him the last couple of games and hes in great form too.
    Theyve lost their last two against sides well below them who werent in great form and the missing cb's is a worry. Toronto arent great and are missing Bradley again, but their form has improved including the 2 Canadian Champ games. BTTS and over 2.5 should come in.

At least Dwyer scored to cover my JD bet and got the second part right too, onwards and upwards for the rest of the MLS this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

At least Dwyer scored to cover my JD bet and got the second part right too, onwards and upwards for the rest of the MLS this week.

Great call on Dom Dwyer. 13/2 FGS, 9/4 AGS and 16/1 2 or more.
    Great tipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Sorry to see Defoe did not grab one. Good picks by others on the match though. Sorry all. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

tinodz wrote: »
    Sorry to see Defoe did not grab one. Good picks by others on the match though. Sorry all. :(

You started the discussion that led to the tips. So that in itself was good work.

Ones to keep an eye on tonight in the various MLS games would be Fagundez, Mullins and Nguyen for New England, Moor (centre half) at a big price for Colorado, Mike Magee of Chicago, Fredy Higuain for Columbus and Jack McInerney for Montreal. Cue them all being sh1te now cos i mentioned them here.

Two last ones for tonight. Going back to the MLS...

Quincy Amarikwa Anytime @ 3.40 (Chicago Fire)
    Has scored in the last 3 Away games

Either Team To Score A Penalty @ 4.50
    3 Penalties goals the last 5 Chicago away Fire games. 4 in the last 5 games total!

tinodz wrote: »
    Two last ones for tonight. Going back to the MLS...

Quincy Amarikwa Anytime @ 3.40 (Chicago Fire)
    Has scored in the last 3 Away games

Either Team To Score A Penalty @ 4.50
    3 Penalties goals the last 5 Chicago away Fire games. 4 in the last 5 games total!

:( Amarikwa had about 5 solid shots on goal, but got nothing. He also dived looking for a peno, but got booked. Fire had a bad game, but he was the best player on the pitch by miles.

Ones to keep an eye on tonight in the various MLS games would be Fagundez, Mullins and Nguyen for New England, Moor (centre half) at a big price for Colorado, Mike Magee of Chicago, Fredy Higuain for Columbus and Jack McInerney for Montreal. Cue them all being sh1te now cos i mentioned them here.

Fagundez and Mullins scored, had Fagundez doubled with Hig who decided against scoring and didnt bother backing Mullins!! :rolleyes:

2nd time writing this up now as my laptop decided to be a cock, and close all my tabs...

Write up for Bolivia league

Blooming V The Strongest

Blooming Home form: W5 L4
    Strongest Away form: W3 D1 L5

Blooming recent Home game was against Club U, who are first, and blooming won 5-0

Strongest recent away game was against San Jose and they lost 7-2

Blooming win 13/5
    Blooming DC 5/6

San Jose V Guabira

SJ Home form: W6 L2
    Guabira Away form: D2 L7

HT San Jose FT San Jose 1/2

In 6 OF San Joses win they have finished Over 3.5
    Only 1 win finished under that at 2-0

Over 3.5 Is 1.9

• Advertisement

San Jose win 7-0. Blooming lose 1-2( 2/4 bets.

Dwyer and BWP both playing for their respective sides tonight, kickoff in 20 mins. On both anytime at 21/10 each and Dwyer for 2 at 14s. Heres hoping. Might do something in the USA game later if im still up, maybe Dadasov for Azeri, lineups are needed though.

Dwyer and BWP both playing for their respective sides tonight, kickoff in 20 mins. On both anytime at 21/10 each and Dwyer for 2 at 14s. Heres hoping. Might do something in the USA game later if im still up, maybe Dadasov for Azeri, lineups are needed though.

BWP does the business again, Dwyer had a couple of half chances but nothing great, if anything BWP could easily have had two even three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Not much of a price but taking the 1.475 for Aktobe -1 on the AH v Atyrau in Kazakhstan. Aktobe flying in the league and have a cracking record against Atyrau, especially at home.

Wont be around to follow it live so took the price now

Gillington wrote: »
    Not much of a price but taking the 1.475 for Aktobe -1 on the AH v Atyrau in Kazakhstan. Aktobe flying in the league and have a cracking record against Atyrau, especially at home.

Wont be around to follow it live so took the price now

0-0 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Cameroon v Paraguay
    6pm neutral venue Austria

I like the price of Cameroon to score 2+ goals at 2/1. Cameroon in qualifying averaged 2 goals per game and managed to score 2 in last weeks friendly against Macedonia. Like last weeks friendly there should be plenty of squad rotation with players eager to impress to get their foot on the plane to Brazil.

Paraguay won't be travelling to the World Cup and had an abysmal qualifying finishing bottom of the CONMENOL group, on average they conceded 2+ goals per qualifying. Paraguay faced a lot stronger opposition in attempting to qualify for the World Cup so we can't really compare the two on their qualifyers but when faced with the weaker opponents in their group, Paraguay conceded against Venezuela Bolivia and Peru.

With Paraguay nothing to play for as such and Cameroon preparing for the World Cup I fancy them to bag 2 or more against a Paraguay team who has just 1 win in previous 9 games including a 2-1 friendly loss to Costa Rica in March and who conceded 31 goals in 16 qualifying games.

Bet;

€50 Cameroon to score 2+ goals 2/1 skybet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

hoopyhoopy wrote: »
    Cameroon v Paraguay
    6pm neutral venue Austria

I like the price of Cameroon to score 2+ goals at 2/1. Cameroon in qualifying averaged 2 goals per game and managed to score 2 in last weeks friendly against Macedonia. Like last weeks friendly there should be plenty of squad rotation with players eager to impress to get their foot on the plane to Brazil.

Paraguay won't be travelling to the World Cup and had an abysmal qualifying finishing bottom of the CONMENOL group, on average they conceded 2+ goals per qualifying. Paraguay faced a lot stronger opposition in attempting to qualify for the World Cup so we can't really compare the two on their qualifyers but when faced with the weaker opponents in their group, Paraguay conceded against Venezuela Bolivia and Peru.

With Paraguay nothing to play for as such and Cameroon preparing for the World Cup I fancy them to bag 2 or more against a Paraguay team who has just 1 win in previous 9 games including a 2-1 friendly loss to Costa Rica in March and who conceded 31 goals in 16 qualifying games.

Bet;

Think I'll join you on that. I don't have Skybet account but noticed on Oddschecker that Coral are 9/5 in the Total Cameroon goals market but 2/1 in the Cameroon to score 2+goals market...odd.

Bet;

Great write-up, gonna follow as well
    Collie D wrote: »
    Think I'll join you on that. I don't have Skybet account but noticed on Oddschecker that Coral are 9/5 in the Total Cameroon goals market but 2/1 in the Cameroon to score 2+goals market...odd.

Cheers for this, saved me the hassle of searching through oddschecker as my SkyBet account is inactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Cameroon to win are at 11\8

Lamposts wrote: »
    Cameroon to win are at 11\8

Couple it with turkey to beat honduras and get 4.5 with

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-special?ev_oc_grp_ids=239489

Couple it with turkey to beat honduras and get 4.5

I wouldn't be confident on a Turkey win here, the game is being played in America and Turkey are just after travelling from Dublin , despite beating Ireland Turkey didn't look anyways good in my opinion ... Turkey finished behind Romania and Hungary in their WCQ campaign.

I won't be betting on the game but the odds of 4/1 for Honduras who are preparing for the World Cup did stand out to me as being quite big ... Double chance Honduras of 11/10 also looks appealing.

Ugh ****ing ****e they not even going to get 1 , sorry to anyone who followed :-( I should have waited for line ups complete second string Cameroon team

Sorry

I should have waited for line ups complete

I think that's the lesson I'm taking from this. .

I think that's the lesson I'm taking from this. .

Ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Ugh ****ing ****e they not even going to get 1 , sorry to anyone who followed :-( I should have waited for line ups complete second string Cameroon team

Sorry

I reckon we should ban apologies on the tipping thread.

Everyone backs losers at some point or another so no need to apolgise for a lsing tip...and it ain't over yet.

Having said that I forgot the time and didn't get on. Working late saves me a fortune in losing bets sometimes.

Twas a decent write-up with good reasoning. That's all most of us want from a tip

• Advertisement

Yeah, maybe apologies are not necessary, but I do like when someone explains a flaw in their tip. That way I can account for it failing and learn.

Cameroon Peno Haha!! :D

Missed penalty, unlucky still time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Had over 1.5 and 2.5 and Cameroon 2+ so I would have been set only for that peno miss!

What ive learned in the last week and a half is dont bet on friendlies, it probably wont stop me but if anyone takes anything from these games it should be to not get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Pick which ones accordingly and they arent too bad, teams heading to the word cup and playing infront of a decent sized home crowd tend to play pretty well, France game on Tuesday was a very good game to bet on, Uruguay at home to Northern Ireland tomorrow could be interesting,theres value in some of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

seanhynes wrote: »
    Uruguay at home to Northern Ireland

And should cover the handicap there

I wouldn't be confident on a Turkey win here, the game is being played in America and Turkey are just after travelling from Dublin , despite beating Ireland Turkey didn't look anyways good in my opinion ... Turkey finished behind Romania and Hungary in their WCQ campaign.

I won't be betting on the game but the odds of 4/1 for Honduras who are preparing for the World Cup did stand out to me as being quite big ... Double chance Honduras of 11/10 also looks appealing.

Wow Honduras now gone into 9/4 from 4/1 earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

What ye reckon about a couple hundred on Argentina to top their group?

Hardly any competiton from Iran, Bosnia and Nigeria.

2/9 not great odds, but should come through barring a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭lazyman

England and Switzerland double pays between .5 and .6 to 1, worth a lump.

lazyman wrote: »
    England and Switzerland double pays between .5 and .6 to 1, worth a lump.

Not at those odds. And you want here............. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056743013&page=441

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Early days but Southampton to be relegated @10/1 next season is starting to look a bit interesting.Pochettino gone and the spine of the first team are next out the door.Lambert,Lallana and Shaw all look very likely to go and there's a bit of interest around Lovren too,if he has a decent World Cup he'll be gone.Massive upheaval there,the academy coaches have been sacked as well.They could buy well and get in a good coach but compared to the prices around them they look a bit big to me.Odds shortening in most places.
    Thoughts?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

England v Peru
    England Over 7.5 Corners 5/6

Below is England corners in their last 8 home games.

England against Denmark 11
    England against Germany 11
    England against Chile 11
    England against Poland 17
    England against Montenegro 14
    England against Moldova 9
    England against Scotland 8
    England against Ireland 9

Ashley Cole's Next Club to be AC Milan has shortened from 40/1 into 8/13 on PaddyPower.

His Club After The Summer Transfer Window to be Milan is still available at 20/1 on Betway, just opened an account and took it. Max Bet - €25

Ashley Cole's Next Club to be AC Milan has shortened from 40/1 into 8/13 on PaddyPower.

His Club After The Summer Transfer Window to be Milan is still available at 20/1 on Betway, just opened an account and took it. Max Bet - €25

Has just shortened to Evens, still available at 7/1 on Bwin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭shmeee

Has just shortened to Evens, still available at 7/1 on Bwin

Got 25 on @ 20/1. I say I was one of the last, betting suspended soon after.

Cheers for heads up.

It seems to be Paddy Power who is the man behind where he is going to be with reports in todays Italians papers.

shmeee wrote: »
    Got 25 on @ 20/1. I say I was one of the last, betting suspended soon after.

Cheers for heads up.

It seems to be Paddy Power who is the man behind where he is going to be with reports in todays Italians papers.

No bother. Hope it's a nice win for us both!

Yeah it looks that way although the move makes perfect sense really. Milan always go for older players on free transfers and Cole fits that criteria.

Have you much experience with Betway? Just opened an account for this bet and I'm trying to get it fully verified now. Don't want them withholding my money if the bet comes off.

No bother. Hope it's a nice win for us both!

Yeah it looks that way although the move makes perfect sense really. Milan always go for older players on free transfers and Cole fits that criteria.

Have you much experience with Betway? Just opened an account for this bet and I'm trying to get it fully verified now. Don't want them withholding my money if the bet comes off.

Only set up an account also just there.

I'll do the same now. You live chat them?

shmeee wrote: »
    Only set up an account also just there.

I'll do the same now. You live chat them?

Yeah but he just said to send the documents to support@betway.com

The 2 documents needed are:

Proof of Age - Passport, Driving License etc.

Proof of Address - Utility Bill from within the last 3 months (I sent a recent letter from my college as I have no ESB bills and don't receive bank statements in paper)

Just wanted to get it out of the way instead of them looking for it when a withdrawal is requested.

Yeah but he just said to send the documents to support@betway.com

The 2 documents needed are:

Proof of Age - Passport, Driving License etc.

Proof of Address - Utility Bill from within the last 3 months (I sent a recent letter from my college as I have no ESB bills and don't receive bank statements in paper)

Just wanted to get it out of the way instead of them looking for it when a withdrawal is requested.

Same as I was told. Doing that now, sending on Driving Licence and Statement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement