Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

hefferboi wrote: »
    Thinking of doing the PP goal scorer special! Any informed advice? Thinking about Suarez but not sure about his injury.

If you think Uruguay can go to the last 8 or beyond he's decent value.

Personally I think Messi and Neymar are underpriced. Ronaldo at 16/1 is probably about right because of the tough group, no easy game per se in which to get 3 or 4.

Sergio Aguero 23/1 betfair looks a great bet to me.

I like the value on Van Persie (Betfair has 70 available at 48/1) and Alexis Sanchez (66/1 and bigger in places)

Some interesting ones on Betfair - Bony 250/1 Fabregas 350/1 Sneider 520/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

C_1984 wrote: »
    Really fancy DPMM away to Tampine Rovers today 7/4 to win (Large Stake)
    DPMM -1 5/1 (Small Stake)

Double:

DPMM
    Flora Tallin

6/1
    DOes over evens look very generous for DPMM now their one up?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 C_1984

DOes over evens look very generous for DPMM now their one up?

They love an over alright but apparently there was a thunderstorm which caused a delayed kick off so have no idea what way the pitch is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MOD:

Guys,

There is a separate WC thread.
    Please us that one for the tournament bets, at least till thursday when things kick off

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Rezekne BJSS are on today at 12 in Latvia.

They have been bashing in the goals lately.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/06/10/latvia/1-liga/daugava-ii--itika-fs/fk-rzeknebjss/1668033/head2head/

GL +4.0 is 1.725 for them today. They don't' always get put in play so I will most likely pre stake this.

In Singapore there is a total mismatch between Home Utd and the development side Harimau Muda II at 12.30.

Home United team goals +3.5 pays @2.37

Recent results show they are well capable of it. In particular the cup game against Nagacorp. the one worry is the away result to Young Lions who are on a par with Harimau Muda II. No injuries reported for Home for this match.

06/06/14 Brunei DPMM 2-3 Home United
    30/5/14 Home United 5-0 Nagacorp FC (RHB Singapore Cup)
    22/5/14 Geylang International 1-4 Home United
    18/5/14 Home United 2-2 Tampines Rovers
    7/5/14 Courts Young Lions 1-1 Home United

May look in play to BTTS in the Tampines v DPMM game. Tampines dominate the H2H and have been grinding out draws for the most part since the new manager arrived. Don't know what to trust for the match result here so am gonna run with BTTS.

BTTS has landed 4/5 of recent H2H but @ 1.57 I'm waiting till in play.

Latvia was a washout. 0-1 last I saw right before 90 mins. Disappointing for a team that haven't had less than 6 goals in each of last 5 matches.

Home United game was 3-1 on 24 minutes, then stayed that way till the end of the game.

BTTS landed in Tampines game about 50 min mark I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Austria! wrote: »
    By whom? Welbz is widely expected to start by a lot of journalists.

@SamWallaceIndy: Raheem Sterling trains in No 10 role; Danny Welbeck injury; England practice pens (with no goalkeeper) fears http://t.co/uDttoOgbNj

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Anyone got any views on the Ireland v Portugal game tonight? Ronaldo starts for Portugal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Anyone got any views on the Ireland v Portugal game tonight? Ronaldo starts for Portugal.

Have you got lineups there? Cant find any yet

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

Gillington wrote: »
    Have you got lineups there? Cant find any yet

Portugal: Patricio; Amorim, Costa, Neto, Coentrao; Meireles, William, Moutinho; Varela, Almeida, Ronaldo

Irish ones are not up yet!

shteve wrote: »
    Portugal: Patricio; Amorim, Costa, Neto, Coentrao; Meireles, William, Moutinho; Varela, Almeida, Ronaldo

Irish ones are not up yet!

Pretty strong Portugal side.

• Advertisement

Pretty strong Portugal side.

Portugal to score 2+ is 8/11 - that should come in because we are missing a few at the back. Bit wary of backing the handicap though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Forde, Coleman, Wilson, O'Shea, Ward; McCarthy, Meyler; McGeady, Pilkington, Hoolahan; Long. #irlpor

shteve wrote: »
    Portugal to score 2+ is 8/11 - that should come in because we are missing a few at the back. Bit wary of backing the handicap though

Was thinking Portugal ht/ ft at 7/5 myself.

Doubt Ronaldo will play more than 45 minutes, might wait to see how things are going and do something in play.

Irish team https://twitter.com/UmbroIreland/status/476502577191088128 That is a pi$$ poor back four

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bgrove

1.5 on port might be on the generous side, unless they banking on port to not take this so serious.

William Hill currently evens on Brazil for a limited time. Max bet £20 which works out a bit over €24

Edit: Just seen this was also mentioned in the World Cup thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

William Hill currently evens on Brazil for a limited time. Max bet £20 which works out a bit over €24

Edit: Just seen this was also mentioned in the World Cup thread.

It's suspended now soon as I deposit :mad:

seanhynes wrote: »
    It's suspended now soon as I deposit :mad:
    Just checked again myself. Was suspended when I first clicked on then changed to active again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yeh no dice here either lads;(

• Advertisement

When i seen it still on the site I deposited never copped to click on the link ,fair few people abusing the offer and going round to different stores ,seen someone get 200 on a forum on it:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭lazyman

Spain vs chile over 3.5 cards at 8/11 looks tempting, should be a fiery game and a relatively inexperienced referee should bring this in...hopefully!

My latest tinkerings into the lower leagues of the US soccer scene brought Arizona United to my attention. Tonight they play LA Galaxy in the US open cup at 3.30 AM Irish time.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/06/19/united-states/us-open-cup/arizona-united/los-angeles-galaxy/1686597/head2head/

They are a new team there formed in the wake of Phoenix FC. They have only played 14 matches as a team previous to this. In fact the squad wasn't even fully complete for the beginning of the season .. that's how much of a rush they were put together in.

Reading up on the game I found that LA Galaxy will be fielding a strong team although without Keane. Some quotes from the LA Galaxy manager below.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/06/17/us-open-cup-la-galaxys-bruce-arena-says-hell-bring-strong-side-match-arizona

CARSON, Calif. –The LA Galaxy always want to win the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup, but they're particularly serious about doing so this year – and better-equipped for the fight.

They enter the United States' oldest soccer competition with a fourth-round game Wednesday night against first-year USL PRO side Arizona United in Peoria, Ariz. (10:30 pm ET, streamed live at ArizonaUnited.com), and they'll likely have the closest thing to their first team in the tournament since Bruce Arena took charge in August 2008.

"If you do the math, for the most part, there's going to be a lot of first-team players," Arena said following Monday morning's training session at StubHub Center. "We'll make some changes, but we're not playing a second team. It's not possible to do with the numbers situation."

READ: Six more MLS teams enter the Open Cup fray on Tuesday Night | Matchday Preview
    Robbie Keane won't be in Arizona – he's slated to return Wednesday from a short break following two friendlies with Ireland's national team – and Arena says he "hasn't decided yet" if Landon Donovan will make the trip, but expect to see several Galaxy regulars on the field.

"I think it's going to look that way, and I know some guys who have been playing some quality minutes for us this year are going to be playing because of 'Los Dos' now," said defender A.J. DeLaGarza, who didn't travel for the Galaxy's Open Cup games the past two seasons, both third-round losses at the Carolina RailHawks, who will be home for the June 25 fourth-round game against Wednesday's winner.

"We don't have a league reserve side [to use in the Open Cup] and we're not in the [CONCACAF] Champions League. I think we're going to take this pretty serious."

from the Arizona United side of things they are missing a few players, and don't sound like they are gonna build a wall from their managers quotes.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/soccer/2014/06/18/arizona-united-sc-gets-chance-big-stage/10724923/

"We're going to try to dictate our play right away, even though we're playing them, and go from there and see what our guys can put out there."

Arizona United will be without midfielder Joey Dillon, who was red-carded in the third-round match against Oklahoma City Energy FC, and without four of their regulars (Jonathan Top, Schillo Tshuma, Jalen Robinson and Bryan Gallego) due to MLS commitments in the Open Cup.

I think it bodes well with Galaxy's plans to field a strong team but all the same I wouldn't stake too much on it with it being a cup game.

LA Galaxy win is best priced at 17/40 on Sportingbet

-1 Asian LA Galaxy 3/5

-1.5 Asian LA Galaxy 43/40 .... both with bet365

+1.5 team goals is 4/9 on Sportingbet

Will offer much better value in play if any night owls on here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

My latest tinkerings into the lower leagues of the US soccer scene brought Arizona United to my attention. Tonight they play LA Galaxy in the US open cup at 3.30 AM Irish time.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/06/19/united-states/us-open-cup/arizona-united/los-angeles-galaxy/1686597/head2head/

They are a new team there formed in the wake of Phoenix FC. They have only played 14 matches as a team previous to this. In fact the squad wasn't even fully complete for the beginning of the season .. that's how much of a rush they were put together in.

Reading up on the game I found that LA Galaxy will be fielding a strong team although without Keane. Some quotes from the LA Galaxy manager below.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/06/17/us-open-cup-la-galaxys-bruce-arena-says-hell-bring-strong-side-match-arizona

from the Arizona United side of things they are missing a few players, and don't sound like they are gonna build a wall from their managers quotes.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/soccer/2014/06/18/arizona-united-sc-gets-chance-big-stage/10724923/

I think it bodes well with Galaxy's plans to field a strong team but all the same I wouldn't stake too much on it with it being a cup game.

-1 Asian LA Galaxy 3/5

they had a goal chalked off aswell in the first and how 35 minutes to score the third,shame money back tho.

-1 Asian LA Galaxy 3/5

they had a goal chalked off aswell in the first and how 35 minutes to score the third,shame money back tho.

1-2 to Galaxy.

I threw 30 on the -1.5 myself so no go for me. +1.5 goals a winner and -1 asian a refund.

Cheers for the info Whole Year. Didn't realise there was one chalked off. Bit frustrating they couldn't get the other goal needed with Arizona so depleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Going for 3 draws in the 3 games tonight. Uruguay v England, Japan v Greece and Colombia v Ivory Coast . €5 pays €202

Carolina Railhawks v LA Galaxy tonight at 12.00

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/06/25/united-states/us-open-cup/carolina-railhawks/los-angeles-galaxy/1709179/head2head/

Anyone interested in another flutter at the US open cup tonight LA Galaxy are this time expected to field Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane.

Carolina are on a very good run at the moment and have dumped LA Galaxy out of this competition the last two years running. This however has been a second string LA Galaxy team on both those occasions.

Tonight they are fielding a strong team including the two main players mentioned. Match is played on the training field in Carolina as the main pitch is being worked on.

Nothing major staked on it but I really like +2.5 goals and BTTS @2.00 on bet365

This landed last week against a much poorer side in Arizona and I expect the same can happen again tonight.

Carolina Railhawks v LA Galaxy tonight at 12.00

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/06/25/united-states/us-open-cup/carolina-railhawks/los-angeles-galaxy/1709179/head2head/

Anyone interested in another flutter at the US open cup tonight LA Galaxy are this time expected to field Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane.

Carolina are on a very good run at the moment and have dumped LA Galaxy out of this competition the last two years running. This however has been a second string LA Galaxy team on both those occasions.

Tonight they are fielding a strong team including the two main players mentioned. Match is played on the training field in Carolina as the main pitch is being worked on.

Nothing major staked on it but I really like +2.5 goals and BTTS @2.00 on bet365

This landed last week against a much poorer side in Arizona and I expect the same can happen again tonight.

Despite starting Keane and bringing on Donovan around 60 mins in they still managed to draw 0-0. Lost the game 1-0 in ET then!. 7 of the usual starting team were out for Galaxy.

From what I read it was shot after shot from Keane with the defence blocking it. this was a game that Galaxy very much wanted to win as the winner of the US open cup gets automatic qualification to the CONCAF Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

William Hill are offering Chile +2 goals @ 4/9 against Brazil (match handicap).

• Advertisement

Jermaine Defoe anytime for Toronto Fc away at NY Red Bulls 7/4 looks a decent price

Jermaine Defoe anytime for Toronto Fc away at NY Red Bulls 7/4 looks a decent price

Defoe goal:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

nice

missed this earlier

would have been sweet though

+2.5 goals 8/11 Everton women v Chelsea women kicking off in a few minutes at 3.15

Return of the Super League after a month off. Both seem to be starting strong teams and have their international players back.

Chelsea have a new Portuguese winger who starts on the bench. Should be looking to impress if she gets on.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/06/29/england/wsl/everton-lfc/chelsea-lfc/1649593/head2head/

H2H always brings in +2.5 goals. I'll wait in play to get it at evens.

+2.5 goals 8/11 Everton women v Chelsea women kicking off in a few minutes at 3.15

Return of the Super League after a month off. Both seem to be starting strong teams and have their international players back.

Chelsea have a new Portuguese winger who starts on the bench. Should be looking to impress if she gets on.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/06/29/england/wsl/everton-lfc/chelsea-lfc/1649593/head2head/

H2H always brings in +2.5 goals. I'll wait in play to get it at evens.

1-2 FT :pac::pac:

Winner scored by the new Portuguese winger Ana Borges mentioned above for an extra cherry on top :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

CL/EL qualifiers are back!

Levadia Tallinn
    Tromso
    @ 1.53

Levadia are up against the champions of San Marino and while Sammarinese football has "improved" (last year two clubs lost by only one goal and one of them won - although that game was very likely fixed) Levadia are used to thrashing amateur teams in Estonia and are in very good form.
    Tromso are doing well in the Norwegian 2nd division while their opponents are Estonian amateurs from the 3rd division (they qualified as cup final losers)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Levadia Tallinn
    Tromso
    @ 1.53

Levadia are up against the champions of San Marino and while Sammarinese football has "improved" (last year two clubs lost by only one goal and one of them won - although that game was very likely fixed) Levadia are used to thrashing amateur teams in Estonia and are in very good form.
    Tromso are doing well in the Norwegian 2nd division while their opponents are Estonian amateurs from the 3rd division (they qualified as cup final losers)

This year with extra specials from Gibraltar

Vaduz - College Europa

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Ashley Cole's Next Club to be AC Milan has shortened from 40/1 into 8/13 on PaddyPower.

His Club After The Summer Transfer Window to be Milan is still available at 20/1 on Betway, just opened an account and took it. Max Bet - €25

Any update on this?

Monaco 1/2 with BV and AC @ 4/1.

6/4 then with the rest that are priced up for AC. An odd market.

Home United v Loyola kicking off in a few minutes at 1 in the Singapore cup.

This is the first leg of the quarter final. Home on a very bad run however they are the defending champions so will not like to exit too quickly.

Strong Home squad today and Loyola are fielding Graham Caygill up front being fed by the two Younghusband brothers.

I know matches shouldn't be generalised by the competition they are in, however the Singapore cup is typically high scoring. Last time a Singapore team met Philippine team was very recently when DPMM walloped Global 7-0.

Goal Line +3.0, 3.5 went up at 1.750 this morning. I think taking Goal line +3.0 in play should get a refund at least.

Home United v Loyola kicking off in a few minutes at 1 in the Singapore cup.

This is the first leg of the quarter final. Home on a very bad run however they are the defending champions so will not like to exit too quickly.

Strong Home squad today and Loyola are fielding Graham Caygill up front being fed by the two Younghusband brothers.

I know matches shouldn't be generalised by the competition they are in, however the Singapore cup is typically high scoring. Last time a Singapore team met Philippine team was very recently when DPMM walloped Global 7-0.

Goal Line +3.0, 3.5 went up at 1.750 this morning. I think taking Goal line +3.0 in play should get a refund at least.

No go. Finished 2-0 to Home. Took Home over an hour to break Loyola down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

No go. Finished 2-0 to Home. Took Home over an hour to break Loyola down.

Nice try man!

I stay away from Singapore Leagues.

I can imagine that corruption is rife.

Nice try man!

I stay away from Singapore Leagues.

I can imagine that corruption is rife.

Cheers Jan. Have a soft spot for Singapore myself, some teams in there that are usually very consistent at each end of the table. I honestly think it's one of the cleaner Asian leagues as there doesn't seem to be dodgy money moves and markets freezing then being pulled. That's not to say it ain't happening there tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

shmeee wrote: »
    Any update on this?

Monaco 1/2 with BV and AC @ 4/1.

6/4 then with the rest that are priced up for AC. An odd market.

No update on it as yet. Would say Milan are waiting to get rid of Kevin Constant before they bring in another full back for a start.

No rumblings about the signing from anyone but there's always a chance. Wouldn't back it at those odds though.

Under 2.5 in FC Santa Coloma vs Banants @ 2.00

Andorran teams rarely get thrashed at home, Santa Coloma's last home results: 0-0, 0-1, 0-2 and Armenian football is ****. I read that the Andorran team really think they have a chance, they've made a few signings including Ildefons Lima who was one of the rare Andorran players to have a professional career and their coach said the most important thing is not to concede at home.
    My only concern is that the Armenian fix this game like Shirak did last year (1-0 loss with a comical own goal vs a team from San Marino, or a 3-1 loss with ridiculous goalkeeping vs a team from the Faroe Islands...)

Under 2.5 in FC Santa Coloma vs Banants @ 2.00

Andorran teams rarely get thrashed at home, Santa Coloma's last home results: 0-0, 0-1, 0-2 and Armenian football is ****. I read that the Andorran team really think they have a chance, they've made a few signings including Ildefons Lima who was one of the rare Andorran players to have a professional career and their coach said the most important thing is not to concede at home.
    My only concern is that the Armenian fix this game like Shirak did last year (1-0 loss with a comical own goal vs a team from San Marino, or a 3-1 loss with ridiculous goalkeeping vs a team from the Faroe Islands...)

FT 1-0 :D

Under 3.5 in these games tomorrow:
    Airbus UK vs Haugesund
    B36 vs Linfield
    Tiraspol vs Inter Baku
    @ 1.93

-1st game: Welsh teams have a pretty good record at home in Europe, last season Airbus conceded only 1 goal in two European games and this year their coach thinks his team has a good chance of making it to the next round. Here's what some guy who follows Welsh football wrote about this game:“I don’t think Haugesund will be the biggest fans of Airbus’ physical approach. I think the games will be close and Airbus are bound to frustrate Haugesund. An upset is possible, especially if Airbus play well out in Norway,” said Lewis

-3rd game: Inter Baku always play underish games in Europe and Tiraspol conceded only 1 goal in two games last year, and their coach hinted at a defensive approach insisting that not conceding at home is their priority.

-2nd game: this is the dodgy part of the treble, Linfield played against Faroese opposition in the past two seasons, all the games went under 3.5 (3 u2.5 and 1 u3.5). B36 are top of the table and unbeaten this season. Only concern is Linfield have a new coach who may play more attackingly and the Faroese league is extremely overish.

Also took unders in both games without the Linfield game @ 1.68

Guess I was right about Linfield...
    And Feeney is approaching Thursday’s away leg in a positive frame of mind.

“I don’t believe in going into games with a defensive frame of mind. I have been on tricky away trips with Northern Ireland, and at the end of the day it is just 11 v 11 on the pitch,” he added. “I relished every challenge as a player and I am relishing this one as manager.”

Jermaine Defoe 6/4 on bet365 anytime v leaky Chicago fire tonight. Scored 8 in 9 for Toronto is in great form ,Chicago 2nd bottom and conceded 6 in their previous three league matches

Jermaine Defoe 6/4 on bet365 anytime v leaky Chicago fire tonight. Scored 8 in 9 for Toronto is in great form ,Chicago 2nd bottom and conceded 6 in their previous three league matches

Not this time, didn't help Toronto going down to 10 men on the half hour,he managed to assist the goal,I'm sure he could have scored were it an even game ,CF were v.poor even against 10.

Levadia Tallinn
    Tromso
    @ 1.53

Boom! Tromso won 7-0 :D

Under 3.5 in these games tomorrow:
    Airbus UK vs Haugesund
    B36 vs Linfield
    Tiraspol vs Inter Baku
    @ 1.93

1-3 in the Tiraspol game :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement