Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Tottenham v Celtic
    Tottenham 21/20

Game is on Saturday can't see Celtic putting their strongest team out here with 2nd leg champions league match coming up, done the same last Saturday against St Pauli before the 1st leg. Don't think it would matter Tottenham should still win this match.

Game is been played in Helsinki

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

magherakid wrote: »
    Tottenham v Celtic
    Tottenham 21/20

Game is on Saturday can't see Celtic putting their strongest team out here with 2nd leg champions league match coming up, done the same last Saturday against St Pauli before the 1st leg. Don't think it would matter Tottenham should still win this match.

After last nights debacle this looks nailed on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Tottenham v Celtic
    Tottenham 21/20

Any idea where I can find this match? Can't find it on Bet365 or Sportsbet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/QyoaSYQF/#odds-comparison;1x2-odds;full-time

Bwin.

But just check it on oddschecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ok Folks,

In Regards to my last post on the last page(Not going to Quote as it's quite long)

A few of the odds have changed:

Kapfenberg Double Chance WAS 1/2 now 8/15
    BTTS 4/6 (Still the same)

Horn Double Chance WAS 8/11 now 4/6
    Under 2.5 WAS 23/20 now 11/10

I'm leaning towards the BTTS, and Under 2.5 bet myself. Any thoughts folks? EDIT: Went with U2.5 in Horn game at 11/10. Made a balls of the kapfenberg game backed O2.5 at 4/5 rather than BTTS at 4/6... If it ends 1-1....

• Advertisement

Ok Folks,

In Regards to my last post on the last page(Not going to Quote as it's quite long)

A few of the odds have changed:

Kapfenberg Double Chance WAS 1/2 now 8/15
    BTTS 4/6 (Still the same)

Horn Double Chance WAS 8/11 now 4/6
    Under 2.5 WAS 23/20 now 11/10

I'm leaning towards the BTTS, and Under 2.5 bet myself. Any thoughts folks? EDIT: Went with U2.5 in Horn game at 11/10. Made a balls of the kapfenberg game backed O2.5 at 4/5 rather than BTTS at 4/6... If it ends 1-1....

Apologies lads, nothing went right really.

Kapfenberg DC- WON
    BTTS- LOSE

Result 0-0

Horn DC LOSE
    Under 2.5 LOSE

Horn bets looked good at HT, with 0-0 at HT then Horn going 1-0 up.. Wein came back and won 2-1 tho...

Kansas City v Philadelphia
    BTTS 4/5

Kansas last 5 home games seen both teams score
    Kansas only failed once to score at home in 10 games

Philadelphia 11/12 away games seen both teams score
    Philadelphia only failed once to score away from home in 12 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Apologies lads, nothing went right really.

Kapfenberg DC- WON
    BTTS- LOSE

Result 0-0

Horn DC LOSE
    Under 2.5 LOSE

Horn bets looked good at HT, with 0-0 at HT then Horn going 1-0 up.. Wein came back and won 2-1 tho...
    Good effort, u were very unlucky with Horn.
    I had Kapfenberg DC and took the under 3.5 goals in the Horn game at 4/9 and threw both of them into an acca that won, would of never looked at this league only for ya, cheers Shano! :)
    http://gyazo.com/2927c04a8bfba54ecce9feb968df6d5f

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Spurs are 8/13 to win this on Paddy Power,but I cant find any team news on how strong the Spurs team will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Spurs into 2/5 now on bet365

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Really missed the boat on spurs win at near evens.... There is no doubt in my mind that Celtic will get beat here, ronny delia has kept his full team back in Scotland for the champions league game Wednesday ....

Was planning to lump €500 on this single if the price remained the same

Sadly 2/5 now

Spurs -1 is hovering around the evens mark and in my opinion should still win, as it's a friendly I won't be backing this bet massively though.

Write up for today folks:

Shanghai Shenhua V Beijing Guoan KO 12:45PM

Shanghai Home form this season: W3 D1 L1
    The lose was to Guangzhou Evergrande.
    Shanghai have won last 2 home games

Beijing Guoan away form this season: W2 D1 L2
    Beijing have failed to win in last 3 away games.

H2H
    Whichever team has been at home in the last 5 games that team has won.
    Shanghai Have won last 4 at home and drew 1(Going back to 09)

I think the odds are very generous towards Shanghai

Shanghai Win 5/2
    Shanghai DC 4/5

Will be jumping on the DC myself at 4/5

Also have backed Urawa Red Diamonds at 11/8 to win and over2.5 EDIT: Jumped on Shanghai win 14/5 and DC 17/20

Kansas City v Philadelphia
    BTTS 4/5

Kansas last 5 home games seen both teams score
    Kansas only failed once to score at home in 10 games

Philadelphia 11/12 away games seen both teams score
    Philadelphia only failed once to score away from home in 12 games

1-1 FT :D

Shamrock Rovers v QPR
    QPR -2 6/4 PP or evens betvictor

This match is at Tallaght 3pm Rovers first team played down at Limerick last night and Rovers B played against Longford too. QPR have full squad over for this trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Shamrock Rovers v QPR

This match is at Tallaght 3pm Rovers first team played down at Limerick last night and Rovers B played against Longford too. QPR have full squad over for this trip

Looks decent, will wait for lineups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Rovers now managerless too as of 10 minutes ago

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Looks decent, will wait for lineups.

I would take bet now price will be well gone, maybe small now and top up in play

I would take bet now price will be well gone, maybe small now and top up in play

PP will allow me just over €11 on this bet, no clean PP accounts. Will have a punt with BV.

Write up for today folks:

Shanghai Shenhua V Beijing Guoan KO 12:45PM

Shanghai Home form this season: W3 D1 L1
    The lose was to Guangzhou Evergrande.
    Shanghai have won last 2 home games

Beijing Guoan away form this season: W2 D1 L2
    Beijing have failed to win in last 3 away games.

H2H
    Whichever team has been at home in the last 5 games that team has won.
    Shanghai Have won last 4 at home and drew 1(Going back to 09)

I think the odds are very generous towards Shanghai

Shanghai Win 5/2
    Shanghai DC 4/5

Will be jumping on the DC myself at 4/5

Also have backed Urawa Red Diamonds at 11/8 to win and over2.5 EDIT: Jumped on Shanghai win 14/5 and DC 17/20

0-2 Beijing... Christ.

Tottenham v Celtic
    Tottenham 21/20

Shamrock Rovers v QPR

Nice tipping.

• Advertisement

Hope some of you made money from it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Steaua Bucharest this eve? They were a stalwart of mine last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Hope some of you made money from it

Couldn't get on QPR -2 but took a punt on the -3 since it was all PP offered. Sweaty but got there, nice tipping.

Steaua Bucharest this eve? They were a stalwart of mine last year!

I should be able to thank meself! Steaua and Salzburg -1 each thank you very much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

IFK Gothenburg vs AIK in Swedish Allsvenskan. Gothenburg have hit overs in 6 of their last 8 games and AIK have overs in their last 7 games. Overs at 1.75 on Bet365 seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KeaneMachine87

==UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE==

BATE V Debrecen: Borisov are strong at home, will want to set themselves up for a comfy second leg, cant see past a safe home win. PICK: BATE @ 4/ 6

Mac. Tel Aviv V Maribor: Maribor ok at home but poor on travels. Close game but Tel Aviv to edge this. PICK: MACCABI TEL AVIV @ 4 / 5

Panathanikos V Standard: Greeks always good at home. Standard probably the best of Belgium at present but fancy a home win. PICK: PANATHANIKOS @ EVENS

Lille V Grasshoppers: Cant see anything but a easy win here by a few, -1 and HT/FT Lille if you fancy extras but simple home win. PICK: LILLE @ 1 / 3

==Pre Season Friendly==

Huddersfield V Newcastle: Newcastle fresh from a super 3-1 win over Schalke, at super odds today should win this. PICK: NEWCASTLE @ 4/5

St Gallen V Wolfsburg: Only preseason, fancy this to be tight but Wolfsburg should have enough in the tank to edge PICK: Wolfsburg @ 3/4

So 6 x singles here and a punt on the 6 team acca at 25/1

Tip originally posted on LumpOfTheDay blog - lumpoftheday .com/ free-football-tips-blog/

BATE V Debrecen: Borisov are strong at home, will want to set themselves up for a comfy second leg, cant see past a safe home win. PICK: BATE @ 4/ 6

Mac. Tel Aviv V Maribor: Maribor ok at home but poor on travels. Close game but Tel Aviv to edge this. PICK: MACCABI TEL AVIV @ 4 / 5

Panathanikos V Standard: Greeks always good at home. Standard probably the best of Belgium at present but fancy a home win. PICK: PANATHANIKOS @ EVENS

Lille V Grasshoppers: Cant see anything but a easy win here by a few, -1 and HT/FT Lille if you fancy extras but simple home win. PICK: LILLE @ 1 / 3

==Pre Season Friendly==

Huddersfield V Newcastle: Newcastle fresh from a super 3-1 win over Schalke, at super odds today should win this. PICK: NEWCASTLE @ 4/5

St Gallen V Wolfsburg: Only preseason, fancy this to be tight but Wolfsburg should have enough in the tank to edge PICK: Wolfsburg @ 3/4

Tip originally posted on LumpOfTheDay blog - lumpoftheday .com/ free-football-tips-blog/

This is the 2nd leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

==Pre Season Friendly==

Maccabi are playing home games in a neutral venue in Cyprus so that may also affect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

BTTS no Bate Debrecen 5/6 betvic. A 0-0 will send Debrecen through and Bate are really struggling to score goals lately.
    http://gyazo.com/aa73e6fd737db4399918e79f3820ca25

• Advertisement

Montreal Impact vs CD Fas

Concacaf champions league

With just a goalie without major technical and with just 14 players in total, FAS yesterday traveled to Canada to play its first game tomorrow CONCACAF Champions League against the Montreal Impact.

According to sports manager ocelots, Claudio Valenzuela, some problems in getting visas from several players and coach Efrain Burgos impossible for the team to complete travel shock the most important regional club tournament.

"The problem occurred with the U.S. Embassy. Because they retained the passports for a few days, and could not process the visa of Canada for other players, "said the leader ocelots.

Of the 14 who flew yesterday to North America, only Luis Contreras did the goalkeeper position, while Carlos Carrillo and Dony Valle, who were not in the match against Dragon for the day each Apertura 2014, for injury, were included in payroll.

This is the second time that FAS travels to America with a limited roster without their head coach.

Two weeks ago the santanecos played two friendlies in the United States, where they resorted to some players rendered to meet the two commitments.

-1.5 is 1.875

On that Copper. -1.5 at 1.9 on bet365.

On that Copper. -1.5 at 1.9 on bet365.

The fact that Montreal havent won in a month, worries me

Red Bull Salzburg and Steaua Bucharest are me boys and they are playing tonight in the Europa. Steaua drew 2-2 away in the first leg after going one up each time, so they are looking to smash these lads at home. They had a great win 3-1 win over the weekend too.

Salzburg had a good 2-0 nil away win at the weekend, even with a man sent off. They lost 2-1 away so I think they will want to get back to form and progress against this small team from Azerbaijan.

20 on at 1.86.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tonybear

Red card kills the Montreal overs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Concaf champions league is a goon of a competition, is pointless don't know how many silly results iv seen in it over the years,the teams are never full strength ,pointless waste of time never too many overs games either. Last time il touch it after watching that bag of snot I seen there

• Advertisement

Everton v Celta Vigo
    Everton 10/11

Celta Vigo drew 2-2 last night with Burnley and now play Everton tonight, this will be their 4th game in 6 days. Last night they made 10 change's at half time. Hoping the schedule of the last few days for Celta Vigo will catch up on them and Everton will be the fresher team.
    Match will be played at Tranmere Rovers' Prenton Park .

On that Mags, cheers.

Everton v Celta Vigo
    Everton 10/11

Celta Vigo drew 2-2 last night with Burnley and now play Everton tonight, this will be their 4th game in 6 days. Last night they made 10 change's at half time. Hoping the schedule of the last few days for Celta Vigo will catch up on them and Everton will be the fresher team.
    Match will be played at Tranmere Rovers' Prenton Park .

pure dung sorry to anyone that followed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

pure dung

No worries mag!

They fell asleep at the back for about 15 minutes, and paid the price quickly. They actually looked decent once they sorted that out, and I still think they should have a good season.

Nolito was great though. Might go in on him a few times as an Anytime scorer in La Liga after that performances.

Chapecoense v Atletico Mineiro
    BTTS 11/10

Taking this more down to the away team Atletico Mineiro who have scored and conceded in all 5 away game so far.
    Chapecoense have scored in their last 4 home games

Game is at 1am

• Advertisement

Red Bull Salzburg and Steaua Bucharest are me boys and they are playing tonight in the Europa. Steaua drew 2-2 away in the first leg after going one up each time, so they are looking to smash these lads at home. They had a great win 3-1 win over the weekend too.

Salzburg had a good 2-0 nil away win at the weekend, even with a man sent off. They lost 2-1 away so I think they will want to get back to form and progress against this small team from Azerbaijan.

20 on at 1.86.

Handy.

Chapecoense v Atletico Mineiro
    BTTS 11/10

Taking this more down to the away team Atletico Mineiro who have scored and conceded in all 5 away game so far.
    Chapecoense have scored in their last 4 home games

Game is at 1am

1-1 FT never in doubt :pac:

http://gyazo.com/876f153bb119d921d75d080db16ec674

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Thanks. Stayed up for that, 93rd min from a corner :D

Dutch eredivisie
    PEC Zwolle - Utrecht
    Pick: PEC to win
    Odds: 2.15
    Bookie: Betvictor

Mostly based on pre-season and injuries.

Utrecht today will have issues putting attackers on the pitch as no less than 5 of them are injured, leaving Barazite the only fit striker.
    Zwolle however have sold their playmaker Mokotjo today to Twente and he will be missed. They are looking to replace him but that wont happen before kick off today.

Zwolle had a very good pre-season with wins over PAOK, Hannover while Utrecht has been playing Dundee utd (2-1 win) and Konyaspor but the match against the last one was a mixed Utrecht team. Saw the line up and barely knew one of them.

Zwolle also has the momentum going as their last 2 competitive matches were a 5-1 and 1-0 win against Ajax.

Dont think based on the above there will be many goals. Under 3 GL @1.675 could be something for combo's

Zwolle won 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions 09-08-2014
    www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

SV Ried v Admira
    SV Ried: Baumgartner (0/0 d)
    Admira: Lackner (1/0 d), Wessely (2/0 d), Schicker (1/1 m) (all doubtful), Windbichler (2/0 d), Domoraud (1/0 m), Schachner (0/0 m), Sax (0/0 m), Sulimani (0/0 f)

Lierse SK v Mouscron-Peruwelz
    Lierse SK: Buysens (2/0 d), Kouemaha (0/0 f), Swinkels (0/0 d), Menga (0/0 f)
    Mouscron-Peruwelz: Dhoest (0/0 g), Brouckaert (1/0 d), Jeanvier (1/0 d)

FK Jablonec v Slovacko
    FK Jablonec: Hubník (0/0 f), Beneš (2/0 d), Mišůn (0/0 d)
    Slovacko: Biolek (0/0 m), Hlúpik (0/0 m), Kerbr (2/0 f)

AaB Aalborg v FC Nordsjælland
    AaB Aalborg: Jakob Ahlmann (2/0 d), Søren Frederiksen (0/0 f), Rasmus Jönsson (0/0 f), Gilli Sørensen (0/0 f), Lukas Spalvis (3/0 f)
    FC Nordsjælland: Joe Sise (0/0 f), Lasse Petry (0/0 m)

Lille OSC v FC Metz
    Lille OSC (last term): Martin (20/0 m)
    FC Metz (last term): Kashi (33/0 m), Lejeune (36/4 m), Vion (11/0 f), N’Sor (10/3 f), Sakho (37/20 f, top scorer)

Eintracht Braunschweig v Heidenheim
    Eintracht Braunschweig: Washausen (0/0 d), Hochscheidt (1/0 m), Oehrl (0/0 f)
    Heidenheim: -

Cambuur v Twente
    Cambuur: F. Narsingh (f, newcomer), S. van de Streek (m, newcomer), D. de Ridder (f, newcomer)
    Twente (last term): S. Eghan (24/5 m), R. Bengtsson (28/4 d)

St. Gallen v FC Aarau
    St. Gallen: -
    FC Aarau: Feltscher (0/0 m), Gauracs (2/1 f), Jäckle (4/0 d)

Odd BK v Stromsgodset IF
    Odd BK: Fredrik Oldrup Jensen (18/1 m, doubtful)
    Stromsgodset IF: Jørgen Horn (2/0 d), Kim Andre Madsen (6/0 d), Martin Rønning Ovenstad (9/0 m), Mohammed Abu (18/0 m)

Dundee FC v Kilmarnock FC
    Dundee FC (last term): Kevin McBride (25/2 m), Gary Irvine (33/0 d)(both doubtful), Philip Roberts (0/0 f), Scott Bain (g, newcomer)
    Kilmarnock FC (last term): Alexei Eremenko (13/1 m)(doubtful), Jamie Hamill (m, newcomer)

Hibernian FC v Livingston FC
    Hibernian FC (last term): Daniel Handling (19/0 f)
    Livingston FC (last term): Brad Donaldson (d, newcomer), Craig Sives (12/2 d), Kevin Walker (5/0 g), Simon Mensing (27/2 m), Nejc Praprotnik (5/0 m), Robert Ogleby (f, newcomer)

Leyton Orient v Chesterfield
    Leyton Orient (last term): -
    Chesterfield (last term): Dan Gardner (16/3 f), Jay O'Shea (40/9 m)(both doubtful), Drew Talbot (25/0 d)

Bury FC v Cheltenham
    Bury FC (last term): Joe Thompson (m, newcomer, probably in), Clive Platt (17/2 f)
    Cheltenham (last term): -

Exeter v Portsmouth
    Portsmouth 21/20

Exeter have troubles unable to sign any new players because of transfer embargo and also had to take out PFA loan to help with running costs.

On top of that
    Exeter City boss Paul Tisdale has registered himself as a player after a sickness bug struck his squad.
    Pat Baldwin, Danny Butterfield, Arron Davies and David Wheeler are all doubts, Scot Bennett and Liam Sercombe face fitness tests, while Jordan Moore-Taylor is out with a broken foot.It's always a difficulty when you've got players who are ill.

"You never quite know if they're going to be 100% or not when it comes to the full-blown match tempo on a Saturday afternoon.

Portsmouth are favourites to go up this season, good chance to collect 3 points on the opening day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Despite the Celta Vigo debacle, I'm taking Everton to take Paderborn @10/11. Everton have Besic and Barkley starting, along with Jags, Baines and Howard. The defense shouldn't have as much trouble today as it did last time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Bastia vs Marseille

Marseille had a great pre season but I don't expect them to thrash us/Bastia, it's never easy to play in Corsica and we are pretty usually pretty strong at home.
    Our new coach - Makelele - repeated several times in the press conference that the most important thing is to start with a "positive result", a draw against a Bielsa-led Marseille would certainly be a positive result. As for his playing style, he said several times that he wants his team to be "solid defensively", not surprising coming from a former defensive midfielder.
    We lost our top scorer Bruno and 2nd best scorer Khazri. We've replaced them with Brandao (AWFUL striker who scored only 5 goals for a very attack minded St Etienne last season) and some random foreigners from the Georgian league, the Mexican 2nd division plus some average players from Ligue 1 and 2.
    I expect Marseille to keep the ball while we try to trustrate them as much as possible.

Under 2.5 @ 1.62

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    One to keep an eye on:

Blackpool have cancelled their pre-season trip to Spain as they only have 8 players (including 1 midfielder and no goalkeeper) under contract after 27 left in the summer. They are expected to sign some trialists over the next couple of days, but they are a complete shambles it appears. They have only two friendlies scheduled at the minute and with 3 weeks to go until the kick off, they look in serious trouble. They were just two points away from going down last season and on the face of it would seem nailed on for relegation this year, but at a best priced 5/4 that's not what I'm interested in.

Looking at the prices for the opening day Championship games, Nottingham Forest at 4/6 (various) appeals. Now you're not going to get rich off an odds on shot, but Forest appear to be in good shape. Preparation appears to be going well for Forest, they've added some new players and kept most of their main guys. The bookies have them at 6/1 to be promoted which shows that they're rated as one of the better teams in the division.

A home game on opening weekend for a settled, well prepared team against a side who had 8 players three weeks until kick-off, minimal time to prepare with each other and a relegation favourite give Forest as good an opportunity as they can possibly get to get off to a good start.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next week and see what Blackpool are doing, the price may get a bit bigger if Blackpool start to put a squad together which would be nice, but either way I think Forest to beat Blackpool will be my first bet of the new season.

I love it when a plan comes together. :D

As mentioned, it's an odds-on shot which won't get me rich, but I was very surprised the bookies weren't at least 1/3 about Forest at the time. Not quite the hammering that may have been expected, but it was cracking value even at 4/6 and hopefully the bookies got burnt.

Does anyone know what the handicap prices were at the time of the above post (mid-July)? I'm sure -1 was a very nice price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement