Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Bastia vs Marseille

Marseille had a great pre season but I don't expect them to thrash us/Bastia, it's never easy to play in Corsica and we are pretty usually pretty strong at home.
    Our new coach - Makelele - repeated several times in the press conference that the most important thing is to start with a "positive result", a draw against a Bielsa-led Marseille would certainly be a positive result. As for his playing style, he said several times that he wants his team to be "solid defensively", not surprising coming from a former defensive midfielder.
    We lost our top scorer Bruno and 2nd best scorer Khazri. We've replaced them with Brandao (AWFUL striker who scored only 5 goals for a very attack minded St Etienne last season) and some random foreigners from the Georgian league, the Mexican 2nd division plus some average players from Ligue 1 and 2.
    I expect Marseille to keep the ball while we try to trustrate them as much as possible.

Under 2.5 @ 1.62
    Any teams news on this yet lass

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Avfctom wrote: »
    Any teams news on this yet lass

Sorry only seeing this now

www.lfp.fr has all the line ups an hour before kick off

Bastia vs Marseille

Marseille had a great pre season but I don't expect them to thrash us/Bastia, it's never easy to play in Corsica and we are pretty usually pretty strong at home.
    Our new coach - Makelele - repeated several times in the press conference that the most important thing is to start with a "positive result", a draw against a Bielsa-led Marseille would certainly be a positive result. As for his playing style, he said several times that he wants his team to be "solid defensively", not surprising coming from a former defensive midfielder.
    We lost our top scorer Bruno and 2nd best scorer Khazri. We've replaced them with Brandao (AWFUL striker who scored only 5 goals for a very attack minded St Etienne last season) and some random foreigners from the Georgian league, the Mexican 2nd division plus some average players from Ligue 1 and 2.
    I expect Marseille to keep the ball while we try to trustrate them as much as possible.

Under 2.5 @ 1.62

Marseille 2-1 up sorry... ridiculous own goal by Romaric :pac:

lol 6 goals, how wrong was I :pac:

French League Cup tomorrow - CA Bastia vs Créteil

CA Bastia finished bottom of the table in Ligue 2 last season and now play in National (3rd division). They've made big changes to their squad getting rid of many players and signing decent players for this level.

Créteil are in Ligue 2 and this will be their second game in one week so they've decided to rest several regular players namely 3 defenders and 2 midfielders (http://www.uscl.fr/ligue-2/actu-ligue-2/article/bastia-ca-uscl-le-groupe-5329)

The winner of this tie will play against the winner of Brest vs GFC Ajaccio so CA Bastia could have a local derby in the next round (GFC Ajaccio) which gives them extra motivation to pass this round.

CA Bastia have won their last 2 home games vs Créteil and drew at home vs Laval (the Laval coach is now the current Créteil coach).

Bwin doesn't have CA Bastia DNB that would be the best bet imo, so I've gone for
    CA Bastia double chance @ 1.44
    to qualify @ 2.15

Big drop in odds on CA Bastia, they're now favorites to win and qualify. I thought the general public would bet against CA Bastia, strange...

Bwin doesn't have CA Bastia DNB that would be the best bet imo, so I've gone for
    CA Bastia double chance @ 1.44 :)
    to qualify @ 2.15:(

0-0 after 90min but then they conceded in extra time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Gentleman,

Messi is 13/5 to lift the Ballon D'or 2014(PP)
    Ronaldo is 3/1 to lift the Ballon D'or 2014(888)

Not an arb, but pretty damn close considering nobody else has won it since 2008 and can't see anyone else winning it.

Good bet for large stakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Come on lads two days away what's the fancies for Saturday.

Looking at Stoke at home last season 10 wins 6 draws and 3 loses.
    Looking at Villa away 10 loses(including last 6 games) 5 draws and 4 wins

Stoke have made some good signings and i expect a big season while Villa are much the same. There only goal threat Benteke is out the weekend.

Stoke i think are a cert but i am going Stoke - 1 at 11/4.

United you can throw last season out the window. I fully expect them to win and score 2 or 3.

Swansea scored in 11 of 19 away games last season. United are missing a few at the back and i think Sigurdson and Bony will create chances i can see them scoring.

I suggest both team to score and United win 2/1

Everton 7/5 and Sunderland 11/5 are interesting me but i won't look at them until later in detail.

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »

Stoke have made some good signings and i expect a big season while Villa are much the same. There only goal threat Benteke is out the weekend.

United you can throw last season out the window. I fully expect them to win and score 2 or 3.

Swansea scored in 11 of 19 away games last season. United are missing a few at the back and i think Sigurdson and Bony will create chances i can see them scoring.

Everton 7/5 and Sunderland 11/5 are interesting me but i won't look at them until later in detail.

I would just stick with Stoke myself. Wouldn't take the -1 myself. Stoke win to nil maybe?

Nuts102 wrote: »

My main fancy this weekend is spurs have a poor record at Upton park but fancy them to get off to a good start under pochettino

As for villa I wouldn't say much the same far more experienced side which we desperately needed with bent nzogbia Hutton joe cole senderos Kieran Richardson arriving vlaar still at the club jores Okore fit and the imminent arrival of Carlos Sanchez who played for Columbia in the World Cup expect us to go a little better but I like the look of stoke especially with bojan and diouf villa will have it all on both teams to score maybe the way to go in that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Paully D wrote: »
    I love it when a plan comes together. :D

As mentioned, it's an odds-on shot which won't get me rich, but I was very surprised the bookies weren't at least 1/3 about Forest at the time. Not quite the hammering that may have been expected, but it was cracking value even at 4/6 and hopefully the bookies got burnt.

Does anyone know what the handicap prices were at the time of the above post (mid-July)? I'm sure -1 was a very nice price.

-1 was 7/4
    -2 was 9/2
    -3 was 12/1

Got on all of the above but managed to only make a small profit. A third goal would've been huge :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Have backed the following singles - Stoke, Hull, Cardiff -1 and Sunderland

Also took the 9-2 on Giroud to score 1st v Palace with Boyles. If he scores 1st in the first 20 mins its double odds

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Basswizard

Not until Tuesday but the value might be gone by then
    Austrailian FFA cup:
    Hakoah Sydney v Palm Beach Sharks

Hakoah on a wonder run from 3rd tier of NSW state leaue football to get this far, Palm Beach a much stronger side, top in Queensland NPL.

Bwin have Palm Beach @ 1.6 which is too big imho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

united -1, cardiff, stoke :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Steaua and Red Bull Salzburg are making serious hay for me lately, regularly covering the handicaps. a regular double for me. Get on!

Also tonight, Braga are playing a team that last played in the Portuguese third div. -1 is evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Steaua and Red Bull Salzburg are making serious hay for me lately, regularly covering the handicaps. a regular double for me. Get on!

Also tonight, Braga are playing a team that last played in the Portuguese third div. -1 is evens.

When are Steaua & Red Bull playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Great tip tonight! Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Both next Saturday.

I've been following the Romanian league since last year and it really is simple. Since I've started on Steaua, they've let me down once and that was after they had the league won and they only drew. Salzburg are nearly the only team in that league. Just follow soccerway and see who is playing where and the form. No bother!

• Advertisement

Lamposts wrote:
    Great tip tonight! Cheers!

Yea I had them -1 and I stuck Benfica in at the last minute for a double. 20 for 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

both playing in the champs league on tuesday , on them to carry that form in CL

Red Bull doing the biz against Malmo but waiting on Steaua to score! Come on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Boom you beauty!

Red Bull doing the biz against Malmo but waiting on Steaua to score! Come on!
    Hon the Bucharest! Easy peasy lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

1st card before 27.00 in real athletico 5/6
    Stern referee in charge,I expect it to be in early 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

seanhynes wrote: »
    1st card before 27.00 in real athletico 5/6
    Stern referee in charge,I expect it to be in early 20s

4minutes in:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Romania women v Macedonia women kicking off in a few minutes.

Rus and Dusa who were responsible for 7 of the goals in the 9-1 drubbing Romania gave Macedonia last time do nt start today.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/08/21/europe/womens-wc-qualifying-europe/romania/macedonia-fyr/1470798/?ICID=HP_MS_25_02

last day out Romania only put 2 past estonia women who are terrible.

Macedonia managed to put 2 past Czech women last day.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2013/09/20/europe/womens-wc-qualifying-europe/macedonia-fyr/romania/1470656/

Macedonia women +5.5, +6.0 AH @ 2.50 for me here.

Romania women v Macedonia women kicking off in a few minutes.

Rus and Dusa who were responsible for 7 of the goals in the 9-1 drubbing Romania gave Macedonia last time do nt start today.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/08/21/europe/womens-wc-qualifying-europe/romania/macedonia-fyr/1470798/?ICID=HP_MS_25_02

last day out Romania only put 2 past estonia women who are terrible.

Macedonia managed to put 2 past Czech women last day.

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2013/09/20/europe/womens-wc-qualifying-europe/macedonia-fyr/romania/1470656/

Macedonia women +5.5, +6.0 AH @ 2.50 for me here.

Bet was winnnig till the 90th minute with a 2 goal cushion. Then they made it 6-1 in extra time with two very late goals.

I cashed out a few minutes before for less than a tenner from full value so delighted with that. This is the time when cashout really works in your favour especially when womens football is riddled with late goals.

Image for after timing rule.
    n3oup1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Some liathróidís to put that bet on well done!

• Advertisement

keano25 wrote: »
    Some liathróidís to put that bet on well done!

Cheers dude :) Vietnam u21 madness in the morning and Ladies qualifiers the evening been a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Cheers dude :) Vietnam u21 madness in the morning and Ladies qualifiers the evening been a good day.

When your making money like that it is a good day!

Chelsea -1 with Skybet @ 8-11 looks a steal to me.
    Also fancy Swansea @ 4-6 and Spurs around 1-2.

Win BTTS double of Ajax and Dortmund also pays 10-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Premiership just a quick glance Chelsea -1 and Swansea look bankers to me. Southampton i thought were the better side at Anfield and 17/20 looks decent at home to WBA.

Opening up the soccer stats tracker now for a browse of the lower leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Tempted by Newcastle to win at Villa at 15/8.

Villa got off to a good start but they are notoriously poor at home where they have less opportunity to counter-attack. They won just 6 home matches last season including games against City and Chelsea that played like away games.

Newcastle looked decent against City and this is a fixture they like having won on their last two visits to Villa. In fact Newcastle are unbeaten in 6 against them. Newcastle away form is poor but it was actually quite good in the first half of last season and I think they're worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Colovelictis

I cannot be the only one who thinks that Everton against Arsenal is a good bet for Everton. I have seen Arsenal play midweek and last week, and if you told me that these players had already played 55 games this season I would have believed you – taking Everton there.

Tempted by Newcastle to win at Villa at 15/8.

Villa got off to a good start but they are notoriously poor at home where they have less opportunity to counter-attack. They won just 6 home matches last season including games against City and Chelsea that played like away games.

Newcastle looked decent against City and this is a fixture they like having won on their last two visits to Villa. In fact Newcastle are unbeaten in 6 against them. Newcastle away form is poor but it was actually quite good in the first half of last season and I think they're worth a shot.

Very very difficult game for villa Newcastle have had the Indian sign over us recently id take a draw now I wouldunt pay too much attention to last season being unable to break teams done at home we where playing with a very defensive midfield of delph Westwood El ahamadi with nzogbia back in the fold cissokho Hutton as full backs should go someway to help with that also with joe cole to start who's very capable when fit all in all can see a open game 2-2 draw would be my pick I like the look of riverire shouldunt back against my own side but decent price on him anytime take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I cannot be the only one who thinks that Everton against Arsenal is a good bet for Everton. I have seen Arsenal play midweek and last week, and if you told me that these players had already played 55 games this season I would have believed you – taking Everton there.

really liking everton draw no bet at evens
    great price for a team so good at home

beat arse 3-0 at goodison last season
    arsenal havent improved from what ive seen so far and the midweek
    game wont help

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭joei

Southampton take on West Brom in their first home game of the season and will be trying to reassure the fans after all the summer business with a win. They are 17/20 for the win. They were impressive last week against liverpool and were unlucky not to get anything from the game. I know they were taken apart in the transfer market but they have made a few good signings in forster, bertrand, tadic and pelle. They did the double on west brom last season winning 1-0 in both games.
    Wanyama loves a good sliding tackle and as always looks good for a card. He's 10/1 to be booked first and 21/10 anytime. Roger East is the ref. He hasn't taken charge of that many epl games so I can see him keeping a tight grip. Card Index: over 30 points is evens and over 40 is 21/10.
    I can see Pelle scoring a few this season. He scored 23 in 28 appearances last year with feyenoord and 27 in 29 the year before. Hopefully he gets off the mark tomorrow. He's 6/1 to score first (17/10 anytime).
    As a bit of a fun bet Tadic is 10/1 with bv to be the highest rated player!

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    really liking everton draw no bet at evens
    great price for a team so good at home

beat arse 3-0 at goodison last season
    arsenal havent improved from what ive seen so far and the midweek
    game wont help

As an Everton fan, from a betting point of view. DNB is a better option. We are notorious for drawing games, we beat them last season but we played fantastic that game. No Barkley this time and Lukaku is doubtful. Even if he plays he's barely fit. That leaves us with Naismith. Coleman should be back which will tighten up the defense as Stones had a shocker against Leicester. Miralles should be fit back now also. If I was backing(Which I'm not) If Miralles in the team. Him AT. If not, Naismith AT. CORAL enchanced us 5/2 to score AT for new members... We'll score. But I could see 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Aren't West Ham short of CB's today? I think Palace are decent value at around 13/8

Ferencvaros should be a good bet for tomorrow, they're playing their first official game in their brand new stadium.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=hun/news/newsid=2131709.html

Ferencvaros -1 @ 1.80

As an Everton fan, from a betting point of view. DNB is a better option. We are notorious for drawing games, we beat them last season but we played fantastic that game. No Barkley this time and Lukaku is doubtful. Even if he plays he's barely fit. That leaves us with Naismith. Coleman should be back which will tighten up the defense as Stones had a shocker against Leicester. Miralles should be fit back now also. If I was backing(Which I'm not) If Miralles in the team. Him AT. If not, Naismith AT. CORAL enchanced us 5/2 to score AT for new members... We'll score. But I could see 1-1 draw.

FFS should of listened to myself rather myself in live betting... Would of got a Winner or Naismith and money back on DNB... Hopefully someone listene to me here and live betting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Spurs v qpr
    Both teams to score 5/6

Fancy goals in this game , had a look back at spurs fixtures after European ties and it's quite poor, they have near always conceded after playing Europe . The Derby element to this game I reckon qpr will find the bet over the 90. Spurs should have enough to score over the 90 Against a very ageing cb partnership.

Hull stoke
    U2.5 goals @1/2

This has unders written all over it, as do most of stokes games! Last season the 2 fixtures between the clubs only seen one goal.

Sunderland United

Not going to bet on it but Sunderland have beaten United 2 of last 3 times they met. They are 10/11 double chance which I think might be worth going with. United looked awful poor against Swansea the opening day, Sunderland under gus are extremely solid outfit can't see this being an easy one for United. United have trouble at back I can't see rojo starting either, van gaal likes to go with 3 at the back, can't see United coming away with a clean sheet what so ever. Both teams to score 4/6 might be safer than Sunderland double chance.

Januzas scored twice in this fixture last season, he should start tomorrow and is 10/1 to open the scoring , think I'm going to chance cheeky €10 on him - paddies have MBS choose your own, one the options is refunded stake if janjuaz scores anytime which I'll add to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

On Utd -1 corners. Going by stats after only 1 game but even as poor as Utd plaed last week they won corners 4-0. Sunderland in the 2-2 draq with West brom lost 6-3.

Also small stakes on rvp and rooney wincast

• Advertisement

Ferencvaros should be a good bet for tomorrow, they're playing their first official game in their brand new stadium.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=hun/news/newsid=2131709.html

Ferencvaros -1 @ 1.80

Ferencvaros won 3-1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Anybody have any feedback on Fc Twente this season ? I'm pondering whether to punt on them at home to FK Karabakh in the Europa on Thursday ? Is it a potential banana skin ? Are they good at home . Same question regarding Feyenoord V Zorya in the Europa as well .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Didnt see Twente away to Qarabag but newspapers mentioned Twente was rather fortunate to get the draw there. Should have too much at home for them though i reckon.

Feyenoord i did see (really? ... yeah, really) and qualification should have been a fact already. 3 100% chances in he last 20 mins or so.

But they were quite dreadfull yesterday after a very good first half so .... i am not putting money on a Feyenoord win at odds that will most likely be pretty low.

Better off putting money on Te Vrede to score if that is available anywhere.

Anybody have any feedback on Fc Twente this season ? I'm pondering whether to punt on them at home to FK Karabakh in the Europa on Thursday ? Is it a potential banana skin ? Are they good at home . Same question regarding Feyenoord V Zorya in the Europa as well .

Watched parts of the Twente game and Karabakh were the much better team, Twente parked the bus in that game. Gonna take Karabakh DC in the return leg.

Treble tonight of Man City, Real -2 and Atletico pays over 7-2

• Advertisement
Advertisement