Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing Duplicates from iPhone

• 20-09-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am new to Apple devices. I have an iPhone4 and I uploaded some music to it and for some reason it uploaded the same album twice.

However when I hook up the phone to my iMac and try to delete/remove the duplicate songs to free up some space, I can't see a way of doing this.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Strange, maybe just syncing it again will fix it. Or uncheck sync music, sync the phone (so there will be no music) then check sync music and sync it again.
    If you actually have the duplicate music in your iTunes library you can just select "sync selected songs only" and obviously uncheck the songs you don't want to sync.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

If you just want to delete them directly from the phone, swipe left-to-right across each song, then hit delete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

mathepac wrote: »
    If you just want to delete them directly from the phone, swipe left-to-right across each song, then hit delete.

Much easier to do it from iTunes. While viewing 'Music', click on View/Show Duplicate Items, then do your housekeeping.

First, uncheck all bar one of each duplicate track in the music listing, then sync. which will remove the duplicates from the iPhone. You can then decide if you want to to delete the duplicate tracks from iTunes.

If you've already created a lot of playlists, check if the track you're about to uncheck (effectively delete from the iPhone) is in a playlist. Right-click it and see if 'Show in Playlist...' appears below 'Add to playlist' in the lower part of the popup menu. If 'Show in playlist' appears, it means that that track is in one or more playlists, click on the option to see which playlist(s) contain that track. Chances are that the other occurance of that track (not in any playlist) is the one you need to uncheck.

When you've finished housekeeping, click View/Show all items to reveal all of your music tracks.

You typically end up with duplicate tracks because of compilation ('best of xxx' or 'the essential xxx') albums.

Advertisement