Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm stuck on, no code to disable it. unable to contact landlord!

Options
  • 20-09-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hello, earlier today i had to turn the electricity off in the house. On switching it back on, my house alarm was activated. I don't have a code for it, and are unable to contact my landlord. I can't even make out what make the alarm is and just really don't know what to do anymore. My neighbour is hoping to get in contact with someone who installed a similar one at her property, but nothing so far.

Any ideas anyone? I am at a complete loss as to what to do, any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

If you kill the power does it turn off. If yes then can you just turn off the fuse for the alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

looked at fusebox but it was hard to make out the alarm one. Anytime i turn the power on the alarm goes off, dont want to try now because its late but i will try in the morning, still can't reach landlord.

Thanks garbeth

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

Turn all the fuses to off and then turn then on one by one. You'll soon find the alarm one but yeah leave it till tomorrow

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you know what system you have installed?
    It will probably have a back up battery as well. If you can locate the main control panel you can remove the mains fuse & battery from there.

Advertisement