Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Sthil chainsaw wanted

• 20-09-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.
    Does anyone have a VERY large Sthil chainsaw for sale??I'm talking up in the mid 70s to 90s range from the mid late 1980s /90s.With an appropriately long bar?
    No plastic Sthils need apply ,I am looking for the genuine metal,"Nifty" fifty with a chain bar on it" type saw.:D

I have still got some pretty serious timber on the farm here [4.5 /5ft plus dia on some.]

Can be a bit tatty just so long as it runs and starts up ok.
    Yes,I know they can be cnuts to either keep running when warm or to start on cold.
    PM me with what you have.
    Cheers
    Grizzly 45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Does anyone have a VERY large Sthil chainsaw for sale??I'm talking up in the mid 70s to 90s range from the mid late 1980s /90s.With an appropriately long bar?
    No plastic Sthils need apply ,I am looking for the genuine metal,"Nifty" fifty with a chain bar on it" type saw.:D

I have still got some pretty serious timber on the farm here [4.5 /5ft plus dia on some.]

Yes,I know they can be cnuts to either keep running when warm or to start on cold.
    Cheers
    Grizzly 45

If you have an auld V8 engine floating about,sure make one yourself....:pac::D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Cheers
    Grizzly 45
    How big of a bar are you talking about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 massey6480

paddy147 wrote: »
    If you have an auld V8 engine floating about,sure make one yourself....:pac::D:D

Did they ever of ppe :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

if you are not in a mad rush, have a look on www.chainsawcollectors.se, and see what's for sale. German ebay can throw up a bargain now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

massey6480 wrote: »
    Did they ever of ppe :eek:

If sh1t started to get real with that yoke there wouldn't be enough ppe in all the world. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

If sh1t started to get real with that yoke there wouldn't be enough ppe in all the world. :eek:

EOD-suits-s_002.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

these is a nice 045 Stihl on ebay.de at the moment. ebay number 221287970199

Looks good, and only bid up to 89 euro so far.
    One of the all metal saws , and with a new bar and chain . worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Adeadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Adeadly wrote: »

How'd you get your hands on a PNW set up 660? That has the high out put oiler, high discharge clutch cover, and full wrap handle. Nice piece. I worked in the pacific north west for a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Adeadly

Bought it on ebay from Canada a few years ago. It's a serious saw. Glad you like it..

• Advertisement
Advertisement