Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ringtone volume under IOS7

• 20-09-2013 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all
    I'm running IOS7 on a 64 gb iphone 5. I also use voice over, but don't think this is a vo issue, but a ios one.
    My ringtone volume seems lower than it was in ios 6, even though the volume is set at 100 percent, and the change with buttons function is off. Just wondering, is anyone else having this issue, and if yes, how, if at all, can it be fixed?
    I got told on another list to check my music volume, but I don't see why this would make any difference, as surely these 2 volumes are separate?
    Any help on this one would be extremely appreciated, as I did not have this problem with ios 6, and I need to be able to hear my phone ringing.
    Thanks so much :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've the exact same phone model as yourself and running iOS 7 and the sound is definitely lower using it compared to iOS 6.

I've also seen a few users on Boards reporting a similar problem. It's most likely due to the update. It couldn't be fixed as part of a software update, but at the same time maybe Apple want it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Oh right, you mean so we'll either want or need or feel the need to buy new phones? Well, not me this year. Really hope they will, even though you say it mightn't be possible, fix it with a software update, cause this sucks, quite a bit!!! :(
    Thanks for your reply, appreciate it. :)

afterglow wrote: »
    Oh right, you mean so we'll either want or need or feel the need to buy new phones? Well, not me this year. Really hope they will, even though you say it mightn't be possible, fix it with a software update, cause this sucks, quite a bit!!! :(
    Thanks for your reply, appreciate it. :)

No I don't mean Apple did it to try force people to buy new iDevices. It could be a measure to reduce damage to the built I speakers. Lowering the overall volume to prevent them from being damaged. Or maybe it was accidental and Apple will increase the volume in a future software update. There has definitely been a drop in volume though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I haven't noticed this on my ip5, but my dad did on his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

As a temporary workaround you could use or make your own ringtone by either using some of your own music/recordings & clipping it to 30 seconds with an app like RMaker or by downloading a ringtones app & using one of their ready clipped ringtones & choosing the loudest most piercing one. It involves a bit of dropping, dragging & synching on iTunes, but with a bit of patience it's quite easy to do. For a very loud SMS/message tone the 'Digital' tone in the classic collection already on the iphone selection is extremely loud.

That, of course doesn't solve your problem but might help until such a time that you find a fix.

• Advertisement

As a temporary workaround you could use or make your own ringtone by either using some of your own music/recordings & clipping it to 30 seconds with an app like RMaker or by downloading a ringtones app & using one of their ready clipped ringtones & choosing the loudest most piercing one. It involves a bit of dropping, dragging & synching on iTunes, but with a bit of patience it's quite easy to do. For a very loud SMS/message tone the 'Digital' tone in the classic collection already on the iphone selection is extremely loud.

That, of course doesn't solve your problem but might help until such a time that you find a fix.

For me it's not just a ringtone problem. The whole overall sound has been dropped. So watching YouTube videos is annoying because the volume isn't as high. I used leave it half up and hear ok now I need to put it up to three quarters to actually hear properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Are you guys getting this after using Siri?

Advertisement