Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health check for nursing students

Options
  • 20-09-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey everyone
    I'm just wondering if someone can tell me, I am going into my first year of nursing and we need to have a health check what does this involve? Thank u in advance

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Is this the form you bring to your GP or is it an appointment in the hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sharon2013

WildRosie wrote: »
    Is this the form you bring to your GP or is it an appointment in the hospital?

Hi wildrosie, this is an appointment.

Ok, then I don't know. Haven't got that far yet but will be expecting one soon :) From what I've heard, they tend to be very nice and supportive. I was very worried about it but having spoken to a lot people I'm not worried anymore. It seems to be a discussion about how they can support you with whatever health problems you have and also so if something does go wrong, they will know how best to help you. That's what I've been told anyway :)

Hi Sharon. I had my appointment today and met with the Occ health doctor and nurse. They were both really lovely. The doctor spoke about my health condition (mental health), asked me about how I've been, my meds, who I see about it etc. Then she talked about what supports I'd need and could have when I go on nights as this could aggravate my condition. Then she cleared me! Was as easy as that. I didn't even know it was happening today. So yeah, it was really easy and straight forward, nothing to worry about at all. I had a few other things on my form that I thought would be a problem (+++BMI, ankle problems etc) but they weren't even mentioned. Good luck with yours if you haven't had it yet :)

Advertisement