Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiber optic router?

Options
  • 21-09-2013 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have UPC 150MB broadband in the house but there is only one plug near the downstairs where the router is plugged in. My housemate uses ethernet cable connect to his pc so i just cant bring the router upstairs to my room as i have the upc box in my room too, Ethernet mains plugs are out of the question as i said there was only one plug and its for the router.

So my question is does anybody know of any routers that i can buy that has a fiber optic connection? Iv been on amazon and i just cant seem to find a router with that wierd Fiber connection? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You would want a gigabit ethernet router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Akarinn wrote: »
    Ethernet mains plugs are out of the question as i said there was only one plug and its for the router.

So?

k9TFMA2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

as torquay suggested buy a pass-through type power line adapter kit and your sorted

i'd recommend the 500mbs type over the 200mbs cos the range between power outlets can be greater without huge loss of signal quality

Advertisement